Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Default FOV Mod - updated: set your FOV in conf.ini  (Read 48715 times)

sanka

Default FOV Mod - updated: set your FOV in conf.ini
« on: November 18, 2011, 03:09:50 AM »

Okay, so one thing has bugged me in IL2 for a loooooong time: the inability to set a default horizontal FOV without the use of an external program like San's FOV changer. The game's default value of 70° can easily give you nausea and it's quite frustrating to have to set your FOV at the start of each and every mission.  >:(
So this little mod changes this by enabling you to have any custom default FOV between 5 and 175 degrees!

Updated 11/12/15: now the FOV is set directly in the conf.ini!

>>Download Default FOV Mod for IL-2 4.10 Modact and DBW<<

>>Download Default FOV Mod for HSFX 5 and DBW with AI Mod<<

>>Download Default FOV Mod for UP 3.0<<

Instructions:
- Extract the file directly into your MODS, #SAS, #DBW or #UP# folder, overwriting the previous version of the mod if you had it
- In your conf.ini, find the section called [Mods], if you don't have one, create it
- Under [Mods], type the line FOV=XX, replacing XX by your desired FOV
- That's all!  :)

Example:
Having a widescreen, I like using a FOV of 102, so I have this in my conf.ini:

Code: [Select]
[Mods]
FOV=102

The FOV keys will be mapped to your new FOV:
-for FOVs 5 to 50, use the "normal view" key to return to your default FOV
-for FOVs 50 to 80, use the "normal view" key to return to your default FOV
-for FOVs 80 to 175, use the "wide view" key to return to your default FOV

PS: This mod works best when used in conjunction with the most excellent FOV Changer Mod by SAS~Storebror. This way you have much more control over your FOV ingame.

Cheers,
sanka

hguderian

• Modder
Re: Default FOV Mod
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 03:28:30 AM »

Great...Thank You!!!

EDIT

Tested it: you start with the choosen FOV file (in my case 105°) but once you zoom then you can't return to it. Would be great if the view can return to the modded FOV
as it be the default.

Regards

sanka

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 08:49:56 AM »

Tested it: you start with the choosen FOV file (in my case 105°) but once you zoom then you can't return to it. Would be great if the view can return to the modded FOV
as it be the default.
To easily return to 105° FOV or any other FOV you can use the FOV Changer Mod by Storebror. It works well with my mod.

PA_Willy

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 10:33:35 AM »

I see... this mod doesn't work alone (FOV value is lost later you use zoom view).

hguderian

• Modder
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2011, 10:46:52 AM »

Ok. I've though it was a standalone alternative to Carsmaster's one!
Thank You!!!!

sanka

Re: Default FOV Mod - updated
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2011, 11:58:48 AM »

I see... this mod doesn't work alone (FOV value is lost later you use zoom view).

Not anymore :) (mod updated - see first post)

PA_Willy

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2011, 12:51:51 PM »

Yes!! Now is working perfectly.

Thank you Sir!

tanda01

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2011, 01:14:24 PM »

This is the mod I've been waiting for !

. . . but am I doing something wrong ? I'm using FOV Changer Mod by SAS~Storebror (works great).  I've extracted the file into #UP# (as 00_DefaultFOV) just as downloaded. It's FOV145 by the way (I use 3 screens).

The game loads to 40% then crashes to desktop ? I've tried FOV140 and FOV130 and they all do the same thing.

EDIT:

Got it to work with DBW which is OK because I only play off-line anyways. Great mod - works perfectly! Also, discovered another gem - DBW. Definitely worth the download.

DD_BadAim

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2011, 08:53:13 AM »

Another winner. Between this and the new Plutonium mod, I have a nerdgasm every time I fire up IL2. Thanks!

WindWpn

• Modder
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2011, 03:48:53 PM »

Nice mod!  Hey is there a way to keep the FOV locked at 105 when looking around with trackIR?  I find that when I look to check 6 often the FOV drops to 70 (default), and I have to keep clicking to wide to get back to 105.  Basically, I would like to stay 105 unless I purposefully click to 70 or 30 rather than have TrackIR do it automatically. 

sanka

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2011, 02:09:07 PM »

Nice mod!  Hey is there a way to keep the FOV locked at 105 when looking around with trackIR?  I find that when I look to check 6 often the FOV drops to 70 (default), and I have to keep clicking to wide to get back to 105.  Basically, I would like to stay 105 unless I purposefully click to 70 or 30 rather than have TrackIR do it automatically. 

I don't have TrackIR so I never encountered this problem, but I'll look if I can find a solution :)

PO_MAK_249RIP

• CMON U SPURS!
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2011, 12:19:32 AM »

Dont know what i'm doing wrong but I cant get this to download - keeps asking me to upgrade to Mediafire Pro?
Corsair Carbide case, Intel core i5 4690 3.5ghz with Arctic Cooler, Asus Rock H97 performance, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB DDR6, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, 256GB/500GB Crucial SSDs, Windows 10 64bit.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 27 queries.