Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to make Stereoscopic 3D ScreenShots  (Read 7752 times)

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
How to make Stereoscopic 3D ScreenShots
« on: November 09, 2011, 10:14:05 AM »

People,
                 using my MOD, a series of wondeful amazing screen shots can be generated. The correct steps for achieveng them are the next:

A- First, capture the two color frames. Basically you have to pause the game when there is the proper snap you want to capture. Then you have to press the PrintScreen key (or other one you have assigned). In the short freezing the ScreenShot generates, you will see if you have the Red or the Cyan image:

Red:

Or Cyan:

But you need the two ones, so you have to press one or more times the PrintScreen key again until you capture the other self image. You will have the two pictures of above.

Then you need to use some program that could mix them (blend is the proper term). You can do it with any Graphics Editor, since GIMP in advance, but there are some specific programs for this prupuose. I find particularly good and easy to use the Stereo Photo Maker, a free one:

With it you have to go to File, Open Left / Right Images... and open the two corresponding files. In first term it will show you side by side the two pictures, but then you click the speedbutton for naglyph Red / Cyan (the default) and you get a single picture that you can save:

Regards,
                       Pablo

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
Re: How to make Stereoscopic 3D ScreenShots
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 06:32:25 AM »

This topic is still valid if for any reason you want two splitted images (in the way of the V3 of the MOD).

Since V4 (read the main thread), the ScrrenShot extension of the MOD allows us to take direct Anaglyph SnapShots in full stereo without extra effort, just pressing a key.

Regards,
                    Pablo

Uufflakke

• Modder
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 07:05:53 AM »

I'm afraid my system can't handle the 3D effect but I ordered a lousy pair of 3D glasses (to lazy to make one myself) just to enjoy the 3D screenshots.
Then I realize what I miss.  :(  :'(   ;D
Maybe a suggestion to start another 'Share A Screen' topic in The Lounge called 'Share A Screen 3D'?
And waiting in anticipation for the first IL2 video in 3D.  8)
"The Best Things In Live Aren't Things"

LuseKofte

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 07:36:53 AM »

I have one question that I havent seen the answere to yet. why cant I get this to work in DBW while it work in HSFX. Anyone made it work in DBW , tell me what you done

BT~Tarik

• Modder
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2011, 08:06:27 AM »

Le0ne,
I made it work in DBW, not using it (no glasses yet) but tested without them, and all works well, including 3D on/off, separation, different modes (A,B,C, and D).
I simply put it in #DBW, added some +0 0 0 in front so that it was first in the list and that was it...Then I had a little prob with screen resolution (black bars...) but solved that ingame.
Hope this helps a bit.

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2011, 03:57:11 AM »

I have one question that I havent seen the answere to yet. why cant I get this to work in DBW while it work in HSFX. Anyone made it work in DBW , tell me what you done

Leone,
                  all my tests were always in DBW 1.6. There shouldn't be any conflict with the main package. As Milantarik suggests you should be possitive that you are loading it before other MODs to be certain that nothing is interfering.

For sure the two conflicting MODs that will completely eliminate 3D effect if loaded before are:

-6DOFs (Track IR)
  -Ecranwide

If you have them loaded before 00_PAL3DStereo it will never work for you.

I'm afraid my system can't handle the 3D effect but I ordered a lousy pair of 3D glasses (to lazy to make one myself) just to enjoy the 3D screenshots.
Maybe a suggestion to start another 'Share A Screen' topic in The Lounge called 'Share A Screen 3D'?

Uufflakke,
                      it will not take extra-resources from your PC. Perhaps you can see an insignificant (less than 5%) fps impact. But this MOD will never be responsible of slowness or stutters in game.

Try it. It will work as good or as bad as your game used to play, but in 3D.

Some pics:

BT~Tarik

• Modder
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2011, 05:16:17 AM »

Uuflakke, I also think you should try it, I myself have really poor computer (notebook), with amd athlon x2, 2gb ram, and ati 3100 GPU, getting the same fps (5-20, less on big maps/with many planes/bad weather) with or without the mod.

Uufflakke

• Modder
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2011, 03:50:35 AM »

Uufflakke,
                      it will not take extra-resources from your PC. Perhaps you can see an insignificant (less than 5%) fps impact. But this MOD will never be responsible of slowness or stutters in game.

Try it. It will work as good or as bad as your game used to play, but in 3D.

I'll give it a try then!
Today I received my 3D glasses which I ordered 2 days ago. Just for € 2,- including shipping and handling.   8)
No excuse anymore for not installing this mod.  ;)
Cool to see the above screenshots in 3D.  8)
"The Best Things In Live Aren't Things"

the flying ace

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2011, 07:34:46 AM »

i was wondering if you can use fraps and take a screenshot instead of having  to press the print screen key. you can just save the image without having to print and print and print

the flying ace
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 27 queries.