Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Bf-109 Combined Cockpits Pack V4 + Extras *Updated 15/04/2011*  (Read 100356 times)

von_Kasbegi

• Wolfri
  • Never fly too High, you will fall very hard.
Re: Bf-109 Combined Cockpits Pack V4 + Extras
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2010, 10:25:24 AM »

Hi Mates Im using succesfully IL2 1946 + UP2.01 with MODS folder activated and in it mods from SAS 1946 page.

Im okay with all u have done and are constantly getting here, im self hobby-programmer, Graphic freak and intermediate modder. I really appreciate the work of yours on the Mods here, im really thankful everyone who releases usable and fantastic things here.
I've never had a single problem to understand how to mod the UP2.xx and how to set it for correct functioning.

Altough this is my first post here, I have some concrete question to this thread, especially to that things which are in 'Extras archive' to V4 Cockpits mod. And to that things about the possible need of the "AAA+ Visual VHS thing" or how it calls.

And it's....well, Should I putt from that Extras archive (when recently unpacked) some of the 00_ prefixed folders to my MODS folder or not? For example- do i need add into MODS folder > Bf-109 MirrorsPack, FarrelsWheels.

And second part of my question is, if i need to give into MODS too that  "AAA_109_AHS_Plus" thing or not? It seem, when i looked on the date of creation of the files in it, that it might be obsolete actually.

Isnt better to use what is coming as 'default' with Cockipts pack V4, or Shall use that Anto's Me 109 Pack?

Which thing shall i do? Please give some advice to this. I will be very pleased if somene will explain which of those things is most actual and best for running with Bf109 Ultimate pack version 2.2 smoothly.

Most important is for me to know if i need  that AAA_.... thing or  the latest "Anto's Ultimate thing" or if i can just use default files which comes in (with) V4 version of this Cockpit Pack. I want to use it with "Bf-109 Ultimate Pack v2.2" from here (SAS site).

I need some explaining and detailed answer to that question. Thanx everyone who will help me out of that Crossroad...ehm xD

Der Wüstenfuchs

• Bf-109 junkie
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2010, 04:31:47 AM »

@von_Kasbegi415

Extra pack is optional, so if you want new stuff (wheels, mirrors) or to just remove some things  (pictures of girls/desiccant patches), you should used it.

About AAA_109_AHS_Plus: If you have Cockpits Pack V4 only, then leave it in your mods folder. But if you also have Anto's Ultimate pack, then you don't need it.
Anyway the best choice is to use Anto's pack and this one together.

von_Kasbegi

• Wolfri
  • Never fly too High, you will fall very hard.
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2010, 10:08:12 AM »

Me again... ;)

btw..in between isnt the "Bf-109 Ultimate pack v.2.x" right that Anto's pack?

I somehow found it should be like that that the 'Anto's Bf-109 Ultimate pack' already calls here "Bf-109 Ultimate pack v2.1" -> thread with that name and to this is there patch (to v2.2 - which i applied too) too.

So if i actually had installed that Bf109 Ultimate pack v.2.2 that means I Dont need that AAA_AHS....and so on thing, coz i am running  Antos pack (Bf Ultimate Pack 2.2) together with Bf109 Pits V4

So i can simply delete the AAA_ thing from my Mods folder. But after all thanx for helping me, even i've actually found how the things are here (relations to Anto packs and their names here in SAS page).

Bye Mates.... Actually inm flying Bf109 C and D from Sas and Gerds Doras.
see later, thanx for advices Wustenfuchs  :)

Borsch

« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2010, 10:10:29 AM »

Hello,

I am using the über low rez 109 cockpits by Der Wüstenfuchs and 6dof trackir. The problem is that targeting reticle is cut off waaay before the horizontal edges of the reflector glass:

I would like it to be displayed like so:

Could someone kindly suggest which values and in which files (I guess its Z_Z_mask.msh?) I should tweak to remedy the problem?

Saw this picture and thought that it was exactly relevant to my question haha

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2010, 10:33:13 AM »

Actualy we did it deliberately, I think I had this discussion with nonwonderdog yonks ago, and he did some of the first new masks. The illustration is incorrect, just a drawing. The shape of the reflection edges is governed by the reflector apperture lens, not the angled glass. So, if one was to be 100% correct, then the mask shape should be an oval, not a circle even as it is now.

You can see this a bit here:

Japanese Fighter Optical Gun Sight Type 98/98??????

and here

Reflector Gunsight

and also

Mark VIII gunsight

also demostrated here ???98??????

these are not Revi C12's, but the physics are the same. The Japanese gnsights in the video are derived from the Revi 3 series if I am not mistaken.

in the videos it may seems sometimes that the side edges are straight, but if you look carefully, they are the long curves of the oval reflection of the lens.
I do agree the mask of the 109s may be on the small side, but not by much. :)

Borsch

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2010, 07:12:26 AM »

Ok, I see :)
I thought it was a bug:)
Would it be very difficult to post a file wit a mask for "less realism"? Having to constantly reset trackir for it to be perfectly centered is major pain :( Especially so here, on the German planes, that have targeting reticle off center...

StrykVladzimsky

• Airship Pirate
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2010, 03:02:30 AM »

Whenever I add these cockpits my FPS goes waaaaay down. I know this has to do with my old computer, right?

Flanker35M

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2010, 03:08:12 AM »

S!

Stryk, try CirX's LowRez Pack of the same pack. Can be found HERE. I hope that helps as these cockpits are a beauty!

StrykVladzimsky

• Airship Pirate
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2010, 03:09:27 AM »

Jee whizz! Thanks! I'll check 'em out now.

Borsch

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2010, 04:06:08 AM »

Back to Revi's mask side of things- is this a video http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=180262&postcount=74 of a real revi or one from FSX or something? Its usable reflector area is nicely wide;)

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2010, 05:40:42 AM »

It seems real. It is a good find that! Hopefully someone will look at enlarging the mask holes sometime. They do seem a little too small as I said.

gianluca

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2010, 05:58:36 PM »

hi wuestenfuchs and thks a lot for your wonderful job!
Everything's fine in my UP 2.01 install where I installed also the Anto's pack!
Just a small issue; the new revi for late 109, I out it before the cockpit pack in MODS but still I get the old Revi....
any tipp or help welcome!
best regards, gianluca
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 11   Go Up

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 27 queries.