Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: South Vietnam colonial map final.  (Read 54183 times)

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
Re: South Vietnam colonial map final.
« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2011, 10:52:03 AM »

Thanks! Will try it out in DBW or UP, it should work there.
 :)

Tom

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2011, 01:34:09 PM »

Worked well under DBW. ..yes FPS decrease at the Saigon main- and harbour area was noticable-but definately not more than in the Hawaiian Islands map at Honolulu. Reasonable and ok for me.

Some shots..
The only weird looking thing--the paint of this river..

Rest around Saigon..

What a "kickarse" template. Thanks for sharing. :) ;D

Anatoli

« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2011, 02:37:44 PM »

Glad it works, m8 !!  ;D

I like the "rest around Saïgon" screenshot !!

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2011, 02:48:14 PM »

It's much fun, will take that area for a fun mission in a P-63. Thank you, Anatoli.;D :D

gianluca

« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2011, 03:36:15 PM »

Hi gents! I have probably found out the origin of my weird visual problems... I had installed the optional trees which come with the latest release and they somehow (coupled with the "poppin out" effect) increase the need of RAM too much for my rig: once come back to the stock ones I could fly two missions within a flight of F6F flawlessly.
Tomorrow more tests!
Have good night!

LuseKofte

« Reply #65 on: November 30, 2011, 10:25:53 AM »

Quote Tom2 : The only weird looking thing--the paint of this river..
Well I have been a lot in south east Asia and that color of the river is actually the closest ive seen to river I have seen there

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #66 on: November 30, 2011, 11:20:22 AM »

Le0ne: I was actually not precise: I rather ment the texture look of that yellowish coloured river, that river looks a tad plastic like because it is not the usual animated IL-2 water. But really not important or offending.
Cheers

Tom

Uufflakke

• Modder
« Reply #67 on: November 30, 2011, 12:00:58 PM »

Hi gents! I have probably found out the origin of my weird visual problems... I had installed the optional trees which come with the latest release and they somehow (coupled with the "poppin out" effect) increase the need of RAM too much for my rig: once come back to the stock ones I could fly two missions within a flight of F6F flawlessly.
Tomorrow more tests!
Have good night!

I resized the additional Vietnam tree files with 50 percent. Tree file is now 256x256 instead of 512x512. Maybe that helps with increasing FPS.
Let the new files overwrite the old ones or back them up first before installing the resized ones.

https://www.mediafire.com/?u52c68uk87y2643

The resized Vietnam trees are somewhat less detailed but only noticable from close distance, the good thing is tree colours matches with jungle again and no pine trees of course.  ;)
"The Best Things In Live Aren't Things"

CzechTexan

• Modder
  • TEXAS, USA
« Reply #68 on: November 30, 2011, 04:13:05 PM »

Le0ne: I was actually not precise: I rather ment the texture look of that yellowish coloured river, that river looks a tad plastic like because it is not the usual animated IL-2 water. But really not important or offending.
Cheers

Tom
The narrow brown colored river is a static object created by Fabianfred and first used on the Thailand map.  I used a few in the BurmaLower map's north-central sector.  They are a little tricky to use because they need to be placed on a flat surface...hard to do for long river pieces.  Good for making small rivers.  There are brown ones and blue colored too.

gianluca

« Reply #69 on: December 01, 2011, 07:03:19 AM »

Tomorrow more tests!
Have good night!

I resized the additional Vietnam tree files with 50 percent. Tree file is now 256x256 instead of 512x512. Maybe that helps with increasing FPS.
Let the new files overwrite the old ones or back them up first before installing the resized ones.

https://www.mediafire.com/?u52c68uk87y2643

The resized Vietnam trees are somewhat less detailed but only noticable from close distance, the good thing is tree colours matches with jungle again and no pine trees of course.  ;)

Thks man!

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #70 on: December 02, 2011, 12:26:53 PM »

Hello Uufflakke, thank you very much for the adjusted files, I hope they cure the problems some have had. I also experienced problems, not quite game freeze, but something noticable, more twitch than a seizure though. ;)  Nothing that would make me remove such a gorgeous effect, gives the map so much more character I think.

I also have the big cloud mod, could this also be a problem here, not sure. 

It is very difficult to make a map that will be usable by everyone as there are too many variations in rig out there, hence the reason for leaving the jungle files as a seperate download, that way folks could alter the map as they see fit, adding what they feel is best for them. 

From what was posted here and at AAS the existing map appeared to be playable by the vast majority that commented on it, so that is how it was left.  Problems were reported however, by those playing on-line, hence the light version with most of the small detailing from Saigon and Hue removed in it.  This can be used as a seperate map as it has a new all entry, or the files can simply be pasted into the existing map.  That seemed to cure those problems.  The dwellings I added around Saigon appear to twinkle in my setup, very annoying, not sure if this is the objects themselves or my config file needs adjusting, if other members find them equally annoying they can just add the light version files to their map folder, although it will also remove the detail inside Hue city walls.

Anatoli and members of his squad also have a seperate set of files that alter the density of my existing tree maps and make the pop up tree effect far less noticable.  Anatoli was a little bothered that this would create too many variations of the map, but as these files go into the existing map folder I can't see any problem unless those files actually effect servers in some way, there are also some very nice new ed map files in that version if Anatoli chooses to release it here.  Some members may have already been given the link to those by Anatoli through PM, their thoughts on those changes would be most welcome.

If he chooses to release those here it could be as per Uufflakke's jungle effect a seperate download from the existing map final so that members could alter the existing map to their own requirements, rather than me add them to the final, that way there is one standard version of the map to go back to.

The river objects made by Fabianfred were added to the map around Saigon in order to allow the Jeep mod to be added to missions on the map, this mod can neither cross actual water or the bridges so this was the only way I could give it an option to cross water. ;)  You can if you wish drive from Saigon docks to Tan Son Nhut, a possible start to a campaign could be your arrival in country by ship where you depart the docks for the intended posting, the way most Air Force personel arrived in theatre then.  It may not look as good as actual water but gives the map that playability I was trying to build into it from the very start, hence the not to scale rivers to alow objects to traverse the maps river courses.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. ;D

gianluca

« Reply #71 on: December 05, 2011, 04:20:34 AM »

Anatoli and members of his squad also have a seperate set of files that alter the density of my existing tree maps and make the pop up tree effect far less noticable.  Anatoli was a little bothered that this would create too many variations of the map, but as these files go into the existing map folder I can't see any problem unless those files actually effect servers in some way, there are also some very nice new ed map files in that version if Anatoli chooses to release it here.  Some members may have already been given the link to those by Anatoli through PM, their thoughts on those changes would be most welcome.

Hi Anatoli, if you would like to share, I'm waiting!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 11   Go Up

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 24 queries.