Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dixiecapt South Vietnam 1968 map release.  (Read 61114 times)

Mission_bug

• Modder
Re: Dixiecapt South Vietnam 1968 map release.
« Reply #144 on: January 13, 2017, 07:21:03 AM »

Hello guys, the links in the first page have now been updated as the original by Dixecapt had ceased to function. ;)

The original Colonial map was modified extensively by Dixiecapt to recreate the airfields used duringthe 1968 conflict and utilised many objects available in the Dark Blue World mod install for 4.10 of the IL-2 1946 game, those objects will need to be in whatever modded game you use for the map to function correctly, ie to save a mission you create.

For those not using the original installs the map was built with try here if you are missing objects:

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,30853.0.html

The load.ini for this map is set for the Uufflakke jungle textures if you have them:

NamWood01
NamWood02
NamWood03
NamWood04
NamWood05

The link for those textures and others was removed at one time by the author or admins so I have not included them in the download although there is a link now available in this thread so if you wish to use them that is how the load is set.

If you do not have those textures or do not wish to use them please revert to the original load that is still within the map folder but is deactivated with "-", just remove that by renaming the file after you have removed the active one.

In the original colonial map thread various fixes were posted by the French community who use that map a lot to combat the FPS problems caused by my tree textures.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. ;D

AltaKingGames

« Reply #145 on: March 07, 2017, 11:31:13 AM »

It is possible to install for SAS

AltaKingGames

« Reply #146 on: March 07, 2017, 12:31:43 PM »

Is giving load ini error

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #147 on: March 08, 2017, 01:05:51 AM »

It is possible to install for SAS

The map can be installed in any modded game AltaKingGames but when this particular version was developed
it used many items that had been added to the modded game over time so please make sure you add these to
the game you are using:

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,30853.0.html

The amount of items means it would be impossible for me to list them as I did not make the additions that were added
to my original map so if you add all the objects in that thread you will have a better chance of getting this and most most
other maps to work.  ;)

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. ;D

MarvinT

« Reply #148 on: June 12, 2017, 04:37:00 PM »

For new users of this updated map. Many of the missing objects can be found as noted in the link on page 13.  As the original map was made for Dark Blue world, I used the static file from DBW were the above objects are listed. Copy and paste the objects you are missing from DBW static to your 4.12 Static file.  Check same 412 static for doubled objects, you will have some. Delete doubled objects from your new 41.2 Static file, then renumber same. Always back up your static files first.  I keep mine on USB drives. I can use the Original South Vietnam 1968 and the updated map with no problem. It takes time but your maps will load. Your /load.ini  depends on which map you are using and the mission load.ini should be the same. PS_South_Vietnam _1968  PS_South_Vietnam_1968/load.ini   or South_Vietnam_1968  South_Vietnam_1968/load.ini. some older maps use Vietnam_South .

Flamer50

• 'Tracers work both ways.'
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #149 on: September 04, 2018, 07:50:14 PM »

Sorry I was wrong in the credits!

My apologize to GilB57!!!

Here you go mate!

http://allaircraftsimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=125&t=22206

Side note: this is the map version you'll find in the upcoming map consolidation mod for DBW2....

Having the same problem with airfield textures for this map as Western did.
Gilb57's links are dead, would somebody have a copy of the file that Walter refers to?
'The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.'
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13]   Go Up

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 26 queries.