Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Clouds big 2.1a  (Read 56458 times)

MANYSH

• Modder
  • Shit happend !
Clouds big 2.1a
« on: September 08, 2011, 07:24:02 AM »

Update 14.09.2011
This is final version for all widescreen and NON-widescreen resolution
Clouds BIG V2.1a
The minimum recommended Altitude for clouds 1600m

https://www.mediafire.com/?c6zhk7bfjs33bcm
Important!
If you have any problems with clouds
Open your config.ini with notepad, and and make sure LandGeom is 2!
LandGeom=2
Or, if you want keep LandGeom=3, turn off your Nvidia Settings Panel in taskbar

Many thanks to
Knochenlutscher and ~°x°~ 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys :) This is my first post on your forum, so please please do not shoot  :)
I try start new topic here https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,76.0.html but It seems i do not have permission to do that.
Firstly sorry for my English is not perfect,i hope that someone will understands what i want to say :)

Ok. so I know many people have noticed the clouds in the UP3, did not look too good ,when you run  game in high resolutions, do not blame anyone, don't get me wrong.
Basic issue is the clouds are too small, proportions  between planes, ground and clouds are lost a little bit When I run my game in 1920X1080 resolution, some clouds are the size of the spitfire which does not look too good. So instead of complaining i start work on this ,but there are some problems, and I'm not sure where they come from :)

From thousand clouds mods ,which can be found on the Internet, I re-create clouds mod, which  looks a bit better but still are problems with it, so can you test that for me ?

In this mod there is a new sky texture, sunflare effect and clouds, just unpack this mod, to your #UP# folder ....

Now when you run game in 1280X1024, or any NON-Widescreen resolution, it looks pretty cool,but when you switch to high widescreen resolution in some areas you may see triangles or any other problems ,or maybe it's only problem with my card ??

old version of this mod
version 1.0

https://www.mediafire.com/?9i2vbe3ogtwd82x
09/09/2011
UPDATE Widescreen version

https://www.mediafire.com/?ot7j3b2qldfhmxc

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10/09/2011
UPDATE Clouds BIG V2.1 Widescreen version

Important!
If you have any problems with clouds
Open your config.ini with notepad, and and make sure LandGeom is 2!
LandGeom=2

https://www.mediafire.com/?e4d5y94wfm6t6b7

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Semor

• IL2 without Mods is possible,but senseless!
Re: Clouds big ( work in progres )
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 08:17:23 AM »

HOLY SHIT ??? ??? It Look´s good!!

OberstDanjeje

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 08:28:20 AM »

Very nice!!
I tested it in DBW 1.6 with 1680X1050 without issue

Thanks

PA_Willy

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 08:30:43 AM »

I see triangles and squares in edge of the screen (widscreen).

Thank you for your efforts.

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 09:22:56 AM »

works great for me, thanks....1600x1200 non-widescreen, better fps than what i was using previously.
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

Knochenlutscher

• Flying Ass Clown #10
  • Modder
  • aka Segfej
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2011, 09:38:46 AM »

I wonder, that screen doesn't look like anything I've seen except this Bloom stuff. Atm. I'm using no Cloudmod,
as most of them give me shadowed squares on Landscape, not the squares at the high clouds.
Unpacked and installed, I had the same colour as before, maybe you use some sort of Gapa or other non-IL-2
related tinkering? In highclouds I do get squares, but only in some weird angles of view, clouds are indeed bigger,
now comes the but, your Mod looks good until hazy weather, as soon as I switch to Blind, it's too dark, but very plain shadowing.
I use Clouds=3, no other FX so far.
Wiseman : "Did you speak the exact words?" Ash : "Look, maybe I didn't say every single little tiny syllable, no. But basically I said them, yeah."

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2011, 09:44:28 AM »

Clouds = 3? you mean TypeClouds=3?   ???
i'm pretty sure there's no such setting.
now what would it be defaulting to, i wonder?
it's either 0 or 1, afaik, so 3 won't be doing what you think it's doing, i'm pretty sure...
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

Korrigan

• SAS Honourable Member
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2011, 10:57:02 AM »

Manysh, this is a very interesting mod, good job ! The triangular shapes remind me Bender's Ultimate Environment square clouds, maybe an alpha channel problem ? I don't know :( I've tried myself to fiddle with the textures by adding alpha channel without success. If you can solve this problem, this will be a very nice cloud mod, it looks fantastic and it doesn't hit FPS at all.

MANYSH

• Modder
  • Shit happend !
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2011, 02:51:20 PM »

Hi

Thank for replay guys.

Knochenlutscher you can get this colour on north korea map, i set late time, like 17:30, or something like that i don't really remember at the moment,, some seasons may give you good results.

I not really mod maker at all, but i spend all 2 weeks look on this problem, and i think this triangles, have something to do, with visibility distance. Visibility is drawn by game engine Spherical, if the clouds are on the edge of the Spheric , game engine start blend visibility ,and this clouds should vanish. Problem is, widescreen, (with is not supported by engine ) Spheric become Elliptic and  512 texture can't be drawn properly. This issue is different on every single map, and different time,seasons, ect..
I don't really know how clouds spots, are configured in game, if we can increase number of this spots,or increase visibility, problem will gone.
First I thought this numbers in  Data.cld file is clouds position ,but not. When i remove this numbers, clouds was in the same position,but I save FPS.Funny is, if you remove all this numbers ,game will crash :)
[GEN_TABLE]   
etc..

I am sure someone from Ultra pack team, or SAS, has knowledge how this all works, you guys move clouds up :) This would bring much light for all :)

I will keep working, you keep testing :)

TICI

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2011, 02:54:03 PM »

I tested this mod with HSFX 5.01 in the MODS folder and works very well. No issues, actually I like the clouds much better then Stock, I gained Fps and I like the flare effect.
TICI

Semor

• IL2 without Mods is possible,but senseless!
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2011, 03:17:50 PM »

I tested your mod with DBW 1.6. No issues,so far.The clouds look really awesome to me,especialy with my GAPA settings.The Cloud size,and the sun reflections seems very close to reallity,and it eats less FPS as some other cloud mods!!

Again,really good work,and many Thanxx.

LuseKofte

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2011, 03:41:49 PM »

Out of nowhere a star is born, welcome and thank you Sir
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 24 queries.