Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: longer wings for Bf-109T (DBW)  (Read 7952 times)

Docholiday

• SAS Honourable Member
longer wings for Bf-109T (DBW)
« on: August 25, 2011, 04:48:42 AM »

Hallo Your Bf-109 Lovers  ;)

For Checkersix`s  Bf-109T   I have made longer wings .   

My 3d-work is not of such a high standard than that of Checkersix, Japancat, Anto and Co....  but I did my best.. and..... I like it  ;) 8)

Unzip the Bf-109T.zip in Your #DBW - folder. That`s all.

The MOD is testet in DBW only !!   He comprises NO hier.him, no classfiles

For UP3-Users: You need Checkersix Bf-109T   and You have to unzip the Bf-109T.zip to Your UP/MOD-folder. This should work too !

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20712803/Bf-109T.zip

I hope You enjoy it

Doc

PS: Skins/Templates of every Bf-109E schould fit !

Epervier

• 4.09 Guardian Angel !
  • SAS Team
  • I'm French and Rebel_409! Nobody is perfect!
    • Some tinkering here
Re: longer wings for Bf-109T (DBW)
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 06:17:52 AM »

You can change the icon for your post!  ;)
Your work works very well with the 409 version of the original mod Checkersix`s  Bf-109T !
Thank you very much !
If your results do not live up to your expectations, tell yourself that the great oak was once an acorn too. - Lao Zi -

SAS~Anto

• Aussie Bush Pilot
  • Editor
  • Retired from modding
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 07:16:40 AM »

Docholiday, nice work! Not a criticism, but I was wonder what you used as your reference for the wing? I attempted this a while ago, based on the information that the wing extension actually was due to a wing fillet being added (so the slat/aileron were same length). There was also a fair amount of info saying it was as you have done, I'm just interested in having a read ;) I gave up as there was no room to map the fillet and issues with the mesh appeared.

Anyway, I see you have opted to just stretch the texture slightly and it is done well! This aircraft now feels that bit more complete and authentic. Thanks :)

Docholiday

• SAS Honourable Member
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 07:41:17 AM »

Docholiday, nice work! Not a criticism, but I was wonder what you used as your reference for the wing? I attempted this a while ago, based on the information that the wing extension actually was due to a wing fillet being added (so the slat/aileron were same length). There was also a fair amount of info saying it was as you have done, I'm just interested in having a read ;) I gave up as there was no room to map the fillet and issues with the mesh appeared.

Anyway, I see you have opted to just stretch the texture slightly and it is done well! This aircraft now feels that bit more complete and authentic. Thanks :)

Hallo Anto,

until now I have only Internet-sources (not really reliable  ;)) and there the informations are not unique (longer slats vs. only a pannel added ad the wingtips) !

I made this version public (the other version I tryed too but the results were less nice than this one) because my 3D-abilitys were not good enough to produce good results with the other version.

But I am inpatiently awaiting two books about the Bf-109T (yes every book has only this plane as subject  ;))  and if I have reliable informations I can share them with You if You are interested !

Doc

Silverback

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 11:02:31 AM »

With the longer wings (more area= less load) can it turn inide a Spit 1 and 2?. Thanks

Docholiday

• SAS Honourable Member
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 11:13:50 AM »

With the longer wings (more area= less load) can it turn inide a Spit 1 and 2?. Thanks

simply no !    because I did only change the meshes. Nobody did touch any classfile. So no other Flightmodel

sorry

Doc

Schwieger

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2011, 02:34:39 PM »

Of course, theres always the Emil should be able to turn inside the Spit regardless... but that should be for another thread :P

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2011, 05:30:51 AM »

nice but as long as the skins don't fit  (you see the ugly wing endings?) I will give it a pass.
can it be made so that the skins stretch to fit the longer wing?

in that case we would not need all new skins and older ones would be usable on either version.

A1_Phoenix

• Modder
  • Un maiale deve volare
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2011, 07:24:27 AM »

vampire, i think is a problem of that very skin, that blue default is for a F model, so panel lines/ailerons for rounded wingtip, maybe try with some E model skin?

btw nice mod docholiday! :) a bit subtle but very effective, now looks something more than an "E-with-a-hook" :D cant'wait to try!

Docholiday

• SAS Honourable Member
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2011, 08:02:00 AM »

@Anto:

I received today the first Book about the Bf-109T:

Air Battles
Messerchmitt Bf-109T, the Luftwaffe`s Naval Fighter
Marek J. Murawski
Kagero Publishing

All Pictures and drawings show  longer Flaps and Slats.
There was NO version (preserial or serial) with only an added wingpanel !

Yes, the wingtips and the whole wings are a little bit smaler.
 But sorry guys im afraid it`s beyond my 3d-abilitys.
Take my "mod"  as an placeholder until one of the "big boys" will replace my wings with "the real deal" 8)

@Vampire_pilot
Give it a try  ;)  The old Bf-109E skins will fit. (unfortunately the default skin for the Bf-109T in DBW is an old Bf-109F skin)
Try this skin-pack. The grey (historical !) skin  looks good:
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,8120.0.html

But as always with mods: Everybody who do not like it should not use it. It`s always Your choice !

Cheers

Doc

Knochenlutscher

• Flying Ass Clown #10
  • Modder
  • aka Segfej
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2011, 08:40:06 AM »

Vampire, make sure to use an Emil-Template. I'm doing so, as far as I can see, no stretched or disrupted areas.
Just as usual.
Thanks Doc, long awaited ultimate Modification
Wiseman : "Did you speak the exact words?" Ash : "Look, maybe I didn't say every single little tiny syllable, no. But basically I said them, yeah."

SAS~Anto

• Aussie Bush Pilot
  • Editor
  • Retired from modding
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2011, 09:11:18 AM »

Docholiday & Crazyflak: Thanks for the info. That was always one of those 'nit-picky' details I was never sure of. Again well done again Doc ;)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 26 queries.