Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Battle-Sights - v4.0 effects mod.  (Read 29974 times)

Ranwers

• SAS Team
  • FiFi
Re: Battle-Sights - v4.0 effects mod.
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2011, 01:12:25 PM »

Don't work - UP3 RC4  :(
Remember, that it takes considerably longer to create a mod than a pretty screen shot

BT~Tarik

• Modder
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2011, 01:15:46 PM »

Slikk, could you maybe convert it to 4.101 if possible please (I don't know much about the difficulty in this), because I believe a lot of us are on 4.101 and would like to use this too (I think). Sorry if I'm too pressing.

Slikk

• Modder
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2011, 03:31:07 PM »

@ milantarik

I need a little break to recuperate. But after I've had a little breather I'll see what I can do.

londo16

• A toast to you my good friend
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2011, 05:02:52 PM »

Narrowed the problem down to ships, It appears that with this mod ships don't move or fire on each other like I said very weird everything else works just fine, very strange any ideas?
Ambassador Londo Mollari: Do you really want to know what I want? Do you really want to know the truth? I want my people to reclaim their rightful place in the galaxy. I want to see the Centauri stretch forth their hand again and command the stars. I want a rebirth of glory, a renaissance of power! I want to stop running through my life like a man late for an appointment, afraid to look back or look forward. I want us to be what we used to be! I want... I want it all back the way it was. Does that answer your question?

Slikk

• Modder
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2011, 05:47:09 PM »

Try putting a - in front of the file (021ECEC04148C9BC) and let me know if the ships work for you without this file active.

londo16

• A toast to you my good friend
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2011, 06:10:34 PM »

Hooray!!!! That fixes the problem ;D
Thanks Slikk for the help and the awesome mod!!!
Discovered that in conflicts with the Petrushko mod dealing with rocket accuarcy
Ambassador Londo Mollari: Do you really want to know what I want? Do you really want to know the truth? I want my people to reclaim their rightful place in the galaxy. I want to see the Centauri stretch forth their hand again and command the stars. I want a rebirth of glory, a renaissance of power! I want to stop running through my life like a man late for an appointment, afraid to look back or look forward. I want us to be what we used to be! I want... I want it all back the way it was. Does that answer your question?

Slikk

• Modder
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2011, 09:18:01 PM »

Glad that fixed it for you londo. :)

BT~Tarik

• Modder
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2011, 05:12:15 AM »

@ milantarik

I need a little break to recuperate. But after I've had a little breather I'll see what I can do.

No problem, I'm patient ;) Thank you !

CWMV

• Kalashnikov connoisseur
  • Modder
  • A free people ought to be armed and disciplined.
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2011, 06:40:06 AM »

Tested the contrails in RC4.
They work fine, and look really good, but I have an issue with disappearing contrails when they overlap.
That and all effects disappear when there are too many contrail producing aircraft in one area.
Its not a hardware issue, running i7 2600K, GTX 580SC, 8 gigs ram.

Now I have the same thing happen in plutonium, but to a much lesser extent.
Slikk, are these "optimized" for performance or for appearance? I know that a lot of work went into plutonium to make it resource friendly, and wonder if that's not the main difference.

otherwise, the contrails look spectacular! Will root around and see what else i can make work!
Excellent work sir!

Slikk

• Modder
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2011, 08:58:15 AM »

Tested the contrails in RC4.
They work fine, and look really good, but I have an issue with disappearing contrails when they overlap.
That and all effects disappear when there are too many contrail producing aircraft in one area.
Its not a hardware issue, running i7 2600K, GTX 580SC, 8 gigs ram.

Now I have the same thing happen in plutonium, but to a much lesser extent.
Slikk, are these "optimized" for performance or for appearance? I know that a lot of work went into plutonium to make it resource friendly, and wonder if that's not the main difference.

otherwise, the contrails look spectacular! Will root around and see what else i can make work!
Excellent work sir!

Thanks, glad you like the contrails. :) With your system, I'm sure it’s not a hardware issue. It's more a game engine issue and with any type of effect that looks up to today’s standards, I don’t think this game will ever see the day that effects don’t disappear when there are too many things going on at once. As to your question...

(are these "optimized" for performance or for appearance?)

The answer is that it’s some ware in the middle. I had the contrails looking even better than they do now but the disappearing contrails issue was even more pronounced. So to sum it up, trying to find the sweet spot between looks and performance can be a tall order with this game, but if you don’t mind if the contrails don’t look quite as good you can have more of them on screen at a given time by lowering the (nParticles) in the .eff file to a value that you can live with. Lowering the (nParticles) value = lesser looking contrails with more on screen. Raising the (nParticles) value = better looking contrails with less on screen. So whatever way you decide to go there will be a tradeoff between performance and appearance, but in my game I consistently get over 168 contrails at any given time and even though it’s still not quite perfect, I can live with that.

Slikk

• Modder
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2011, 09:39:40 AM »

JSGME version added, see first post.

socorrista22198

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2011, 05:47:21 AM »

That´s a sweet effects pack! thanks for your work and appreciation  ;)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 24 queries.