Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Martin's England Ground Textures Ver 2 (Fixed trees + more fields)  (Read 22975 times)

benson

Re: Martin's England Ground Textures Ver 2 (Fixed trees + more fields)
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2013, 10:15:24 AM »

Hello Uzin. Thanks for your reply. I've used other textures in various maps and haven't had a problem. Just with Martins. I pasted the textures into Mapmods/Maps/_Tex/land/summer and I tried putting them in 'summer' separately and as an alternative in the 'Martins England Ground Textures' folder they downloaded in although I'm pretty sure the first method was correct.Thanks for the Alt Tab tip I'd forgotten about that. I just tried to load a map and when it failed I hit Alt Tab and got ......Internal Error. Can't open file Maps/_tex/land/summer/Martins_England_3.tga
...........Internal Error. LoadTextureFromTGA Maps/_tex/land/summer/Martins_England_3.tga

Uzin

• Modder
  • On lifetime holidays
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2013, 10:50:41 AM »

4. In my pack of Martins_England textures ther is written in readme:

"All my textures calls Martins_England_fields_XX.tga Where XX - number from texturelist "

There are none "Martins_England_3.tga" files in the pack, even if in readme example it is  written as you reported. It is just  placeholder for true filenames.
Try to use whichever other "Martins_England_fields_XX.tga" both in _tex/land/summer/ folder and load.ini,
this way I never had any troubles  with these textures.

benson

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2013, 11:00:05 AM »

Thanks very much. I'll do as you say.

GilB57

• Modder
    • Trucs & Bidules
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2013, 06:57:03 AM »

INFORMATION:
You should take care when using such textures in your maps while using this parameter in conf.ini: forest=3

I used some of them (or very similar) in my WestFront maps.

Someone found that there was repeating console warning messages while flying above them: WARNING, count=xxx (with xxx always above 512).
This problem could POSSIBLY make the game crash to desktop ("memory cant be read" error) after 20/30mn for some players.

So I had to rework many xxx.tree.tga (less white areas) files in order to make these warnings messages disappear.

I HIGHLY recommend to test the map: open the console while flying above landscape. If such repeating warnings messages appear, there is a potential danger of instability.

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2013, 07:19:11 AM »

Back in the day I made a pattern which - when pasted into a new layer and set to multiply layer mode - removes some trees but still keeps the main lines the same, http://www.vpmedia.eu/il2/zip/lumberjack.rar
I noticed this problem first with the South Vietnam map, not many other maps have it but as you said Westfront44 was also effected.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 27 queries.