- 25 (21.7%)
Do you play DBW and others about equal amounts of the time
- 10 (8.7%)
Do you only plau DBW and UP exclusively, nothing else
- 19 (16.5%)

Total Members Voted: 114

Voting closed: August 10, 2011, 09:46:27 PM

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Do you play DBW exclusively?  (Read 5305 times)

pierre1946

Re: Do you play DBW exclusively?
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2011, 05:14:02 AM »

I'm an offliner.
DBW is THE package for me.
Have several other installs but DBW forced those on the backburner.....
As I told you on P-Pal: THANX for DBW. It makes the flying life a lot easier.

LuseKofte

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2011, 06:36:49 AM »

I am a pure offliner and do only DBW, but I got a problem with ctd on bombdrop. So I make QMB's on DBW and groundattack on HSFX  ::)

Riptide_One

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2011, 07:16:41 AM »

IL-2 allows players more than one play option. For me, I like to build and play single, offline missions. I like the overall control that building missions gives me over my gaming experience. While I do a little research to get dates and locations of the battles that occured in the theater for which I am building a mission, I create missions to be an entertaining, fun activity.

Also, I have had to build some missions for practice in flying a certain type of plane, making carrier landings and such.

Early on, I did try out a stock campaign, but found the mission more tedious than fun. So, I abandoned campaigns and stuck with flying my own single missions. I don't think my missions are that complicated for the most part and probably, they are of no interest to anyone else. The only thing that makes them special is that I enjoy flying them and that, I think, is what playing a game is all about.

I applaud the fact that IL-2 also makes it possible to play campaigns, both stock and user created and to play online. To me, the mark of a good game is provide the user with multiple play options and a chance to get involved, e.g. building missions, creating campaigns, etc. Granted, all players may not want to use all play options, as is the case with me.

For me, I have found my preferred way of using the game and that has evolved into playing Dark Blue World exclusively. I am very thankful for Dark Blue World and for the fact that the 'offline option' is being taken seriously.

Cheers,

Riptide

Gerson

« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2011, 08:08:46 AM »

Im an offline player so DBW is the game for me
Eventually I play UP , but again offline
Ill stick with DBW wherever it goes
Thanks for your gift to us
All the best
Gerson

mik88

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2011, 10:29:12 AM »

Riptide just summed it up for me. I only play with UP3 when there is a hotfix and/or upgrade for it as DBW might need it and I'm making sure it works! Otherwise, it's 100% DBW for me from now on.

Cheers

Mik88

Screwball

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2011, 11:38:28 AM »

Solely DBW for me too - why look elsewhere?!  8)

Riptide - I'm sure if your missions were made available you'd find others would enjoy them too  ;)

Screwy

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2011, 11:43:28 AM »

DBW

no further comment.

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2011, 01:16:27 PM »

Primarily DBW, although I do keep updating UP as necessary and checking it works.  I have each version available as seperate games, much easier for me to update with less chance of making a mess of something. ;)

I will sooner or later probably remove the other versions I have and settle with DBW as I never play the sim online.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. ;D

gn728

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2011, 11:17:55 PM »

DBW - I actually prefer multiple installs - I have a separate "stock" copy, and another DBW that's just for 1945 an up. If I do ever try online I'd set up a separate UP3.

loftyc

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2011, 07:01:29 AM »

100% DBW.  A pure DBW install would be perfect for me.

propnut27

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2011, 04:33:48 PM »

As I understand it, DBW is still very much a WIP. Is that correct? Further, is is my understanding that is a requirement that a player must have Il-2 4.101, and UP3 installed and running before attempting to initiate DBW. Is this also correct?.

I play exclusively offline, and I understand that DBW is designed to be the ultimate Il-2 configuration for my type of game. This sounds very much like something I'd want to have. But I am a computer idiot.

So; is DBW complete, reasonably bug free, and capable of functioning on my four year old computer which is now running UP2.01w/ a few additional mod aircraft and ships at an acceptable rate of FPS, and pretty good level of detail?

I'd love to jump into this pool, but am worried that here there be sharks.

Please advise. 

Spinnetti

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2011, 05:46:22 PM »

Hi guys

At some stage, out classfiles changes and base content will settle a bit. There is the opportunity, to place all the current content of the #DBW folder, in a Files.SFS for DBW specifically. Just like UP3. That would be a little like a "clean slate" from which we can then move further. This would result in faster startup times, and a significantly lighter an dcleaner #DBW folder.

I will ask Hades to do this for us when I think the time is right. And, it will be optional. Because with such a files SFS, you cannot play stock, modact or other varions. You would have to disable it and replace it with the stock files .sfs, or in the case of UP, with the UP files .SFS.

So this would be aimed to guys who only play DBW (and have a seperate install for stock and other versions), and guys who only play DBW or UP3 (since then the two files SFS's can be swtiched out in jsgme with one click), as well as guys who are savvy enough to manage it in their co-existent installs.

he reason for this poll is, I just want to get an idea of the ratio of these players out there. I want to know how many will benifit from it, and calculate the increase in tech support against it.

As I said, if we do this, it will be optional.

Sounds like a winner to me! Count me in :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 30 queries.