Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: DBW AI Mod Discussion & Bugs  (Read 69097 times)

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
Re: DBW AI Mod Discussion & Bugs
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2011, 01:10:36 AM »

dont assume. check. Also test if this happens with or without the AI mod. (which should perhaps have been the first thing to mention)

if it is not to do with the ai mod, it would help if you posted the mission here, so if someone who wants to help, can check and know for sure where the bug enters.

Riptide_One

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2011, 07:38:27 AM »

Wise advice: don't assume. check.

I replaced the Spitfire Mk1a planes with the following models which yielded the results noted:

1) Spitfire F XIVc, 1944 - Completed the mission
2) Spitfire F Va, 1941 - Made it to the patrol area and engaged in combat. However, all suffered non-combat related engine failure, nearly simultaneously, while descending for a landing.
3) Spitfire F Vb, 1942 - Completed the mission
4) Spitfire F IXc, 1943 - Completed the mission

Unless the AI Mod is a part of DBW Build 1.1, I am not currently using this mod.

I have the following JSGME mods activated:

1) Jiver67's Total Soundmod
2) FX_Small Collection
3) Forgotten Countries Full
4) MissionProCombo by PAL

Other mods in use:

1) 0_DBW1.1_HOTFIXES
2) Uuf_CC

Additional Maps in use:

1) ag_Hankow
2) ag_Viet_Minh
3) ELSAL
4) MidEastBIG
5) PS_South_VietNam

If someone can tell me how to post a copy of the mission to this site, I'll do that.

Cheers,

Riptide

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2011, 08:57:08 AM »

In the latest hotfix, the ai mod is seperated (it was part of 1.1 originally), because it caused a lot of trouble. Go get it and install it as instructed, and then you can disable it and see. I bet you that is what causes this.

Riptide_One

« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2011, 11:29:31 AM »

CirX,

I apologize for my misunderstanding. Yes, I did have the AI mod installed. Deactivating it does appear to have solve my problem with the Spitfires. Thank you very much for your help.

Cheers,

Riptide

Dixiecapt

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2011, 01:58:04 PM »

CVL Carrier Catapults still wont work for F4U's.  :'(

I am trying to Re-tune my F4U USMC KTO Campaigns to DBW when I found this problem. I noticed it was mentioned before, but I wanted to bump the problem up the list. I use those CVL's a lot so I look forward to a fix. Thanks for your work.  ;D DC.

I have the most recent Hotfix 3.1.

Just noticed that the Cat MOD is not working on the CVL's , Belleau Wood and Princeton.

Ribs

redfox

• Modder
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2011, 04:34:29 AM »

High Speed with new AI - Build 1.3

Flying Bf109F-2, throttle up to 100% then reduce to 80%, select AI( AI MOD enabled thro' JSGME), speed increases to 490km/h, even tho waypoints are set to 300/350, let a/c do AI landing, approaches last turning point at 490km/h, drops landing gear at 450km/h, then aborts landing by pulling up.

Airstart with same aircraft, waypoints set to 300km/h, press AI immediately, speed reduces gradually until a/c belly lands.

Disengage AI MOD in JSGME and try again - normal behaviour.

Redfox

Chewaca

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2011, 03:47:37 AM »

Dauntless frozen in the air.
A flight of Dauntless flying by the IA, dive to attack a japan carrier and when they arrive to the altitude of dropping bombs get frozen in the air, the carrier continues her path and later the planes resumes her flight. Of course the bombs fall in the water.
The speed of the game was 1/2 for taking some nice screenshots, and when returned to normal time the planes continued her path.
I think that must be caused for the X16 mod, but until this night i couldĀ“n try again.
No other mods outside DBW 1.3 installed.

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2011, 06:57:13 AM »

I've also experienced the aircraft abort on landing when set for AI.  The aircraft make a normal approach but rise up and abort just before touchdown, the aircraft then carries on until it hits something. ???

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. ;D

Ribs

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2011, 08:30:33 PM »

CVL Carrier Catapults still wont work for F4U's.  :'(

I am trying to Re-tune my F4U USMC KTO Campaigns to DBW when I found this problem. I noticed it was mentioned before, but I wanted to bump the problem up the list. I use those CVL's a lot so I look forward to a fix. Thanks for your work.  ;D DC.

I have the most recent Hotfix 3.1.

Just noticed that the Cat MOD is not working on the CVL's , Belleau Wood and Princeton.

Ribs
Is it possible to have the CATMOD removed from the AI Mod and be a stand alone MOD?

Thanks ,
Ribs

I've spent most of my money on Whiskey and Women. The rest I just wasted.

soldaten

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2011, 09:42:08 PM »

The activated AImod  (Dark Blue World 1.3), suffers from the throttle being FROZEN at whatever setting the player had it set to immediately just before engaging autopilot.

So, if you happen to have the throttle set very low at the moment you engage autopilot, your plane's fate is sealed....the AI autopilot controlling your plane never increases the throttle to a safe level. Conversely, if you have throttle power set too high upon engaging autopilot. then autopilot landings become impossible as the AI autopilot never lowers the throttle to achieve safe landing speed. If the throttle power setting is somewhere in between the two extremes, you may not notice anything amiss at all, but the throttle is still frozen.

Juri_JS

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2011, 11:29:44 AM »

I think I have found another problem with the Carrier Take-Off Mod. When I activate fast time-acceleration (that makes the screen black, not the 2x, 4x, 8x acceleration) all AI carrier planes will crash during take off. Without fast time acceleration they take off without problems.

tooslow

• Stang Driver
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2011, 11:57:46 AM »

Soldaten,  ;D

THANK YOU!!  You answered why my plane has been crashing on autopilot.  I've been in the habit of putting my plane on autopilot from time to time (usually when I don't have any enemies near me) so I can switch between planes, using the chase view, to see what the others (on both sides) are doing.  Now I know why my plane sometimes crashes.   Also frequently when testing a mission I've created I will put my plane autopilot (and speed up time) to quickly complete the mission ... now I know why it won't land and just fly's over the airfield at a very low altitude.

Now I know the cure ... set your throttle high enough, but not too high before engaging autopilot and take over the landing a bit before touch down.

Thanks again ... TS
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 14   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 27 queries.