Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: **Jiver's Total Sound Mod (JTSM) Version 2.0**  (Read 135739 times)

bomberkiller

• Treffen sich zwei Jäger...!
  • Modder
  • Bf-109G-6/R6 = Bomber Killer
Re: **Jiver's Total Sound Mod (JTSM) Version 2.0**
« Reply #192 on: August 22, 2012, 04:35:35 AM »

Every sample will be converted to 44,100 Hz.

Hallo Jiver,

audiophile, that is great! Thank you again...!

Gerhard  ;D
FAC N° 9 ...cheers mein Schatz

Katyusha454

• Fishbed Fangirl
« Reply #193 on: September 01, 2012, 09:05:36 AM »

I just installed the DBW version of your mod and the hotfix, and all the engine sounds are 100% default on every aircraft I've tried.  I don't have any other sound mods installed beyond what's already in DBW 1.7.  Any idea what might cause this?

ANDYTOTHED

• Modder
  • angle computing gunsights
« Reply #194 on: September 07, 2012, 01:26:23 PM »

4.11.1 approved!  ;D ;D ;D

santobr

• Modder
  • Senta a Pua!
    • F
« Reply #195 on: September 09, 2012, 09:36:25 PM »

Jiver67

• Modder
« Reply #196 on: September 11, 2012, 08:02:32 PM »

Please, please, please! :)
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,28429.new.html#new

santobr.

This is the first time I have seen a modern video of .50 AN MGs being fired from an aircraft. Pretty damn impressive! I grabbed a couple samples of the sounds but have had trouble making them sound good in game. I wish he could have held the trigger down for at least 2 seconds. I'll play around with the sounds and see what I can come up with. Thanks for the link Santo!

OC-Kilroy

« Reply #197 on: September 30, 2012, 07:24:48 PM »

Regarding HSFX 6.0....

On doing some "under the hood" work tonight with HSFX 6.0, it appears that the buttons file used is encrypted to such an extent that I can't view the flight model data (even with the tools I have). This poses a bit of a problem in adapting my sounds to work with HSFX since the latest version of my mod requires a modified buttons file (for custom engine sound assignments). If my buttons file is used in place of the HSFX buttons, you will not be able to play online as the file validator will notice the "rogue" buttons file and basically tell you that you are fucked....LOL! So it looks like the best I will be able to do currently is offer an "offline only" version of my mod for HSFX.

So is this available for HSFX 6.0?  If so where do I get it or what version of game should I download?

~S Kilroy

Jiver67

• Modder
« Reply #198 on: October 02, 2012, 08:49:02 PM »

Kilroy,

No, I have not officialy released a version of my sound mod for HSFX 6. What you can do though is copy the contents of the UP 3.0 version of my sound mod into the "Files" folder in your HSFX 6 installation. If done correctly, you will have both a "presets" and a "samples" folder within the root level of your "Files" folder (do not copy the entire "9_JTSM_v2.0" folder from the top level).

You will then want to open the ".rc" file also located in the "Files" folder. Use Notepad to open this file. Scroll all the way to the end of the file and insert a "#" character in front of the following lines:

@sfs MOUNT fb_hfxsounds.sfs
@sfs MOUNT fb_hfxsounds01.sfs

So, the lines will look like this:

#@sfs MOUNT fb_hfxsounds.sfs
#@sfs MOUNT fb_hfxsounds01.sfs

Next, using JSGME, you will want to disable "TIGER Flybys" and enable "SOUNDS Default".

Start HSFX 6 and you should be hearing my sound mod in its entirety. One thing I noticed though is that in HSFX 6 my sounds have considerably less volume than they do in UP3 or DBW. I'm not sure exactly why this is but is likely due to the way HSFX 6 is coded.

OC-Kilroy

« Reply #199 on: October 05, 2012, 09:30:41 PM »

Kilroy,

No, I have not officialy released a version of my sound mod for HSFX 6. What you can do though is copy the contents of the UP 3.0 version of my sound mod into the "Files" folder in your HSFX 6 installation. If done correctly, you will have both a "presets" and a "samples" folder within the root level of your "Files" folder (do not copy the entire "9_JTSM_v2.0" folder from the top level).

You will then want to open the ".rc" file also located in the "Files" folder. Use Notepad to open this file. Scroll all the way to the end of the file and insert a "#" character in front of the following lines:

@sfs MOUNT fb_hfxsounds.sfs
@sfs MOUNT fb_hfxsounds01.sfs

So, the lines will look like this:

#@sfs MOUNT fb_hfxsounds.sfs
#@sfs MOUNT fb_hfxsounds01.sfs

Next, using JSGME, you will want to disable "TIGER Flybys" and enable "SOUNDS Default".

Start HSFX 6 and you should be hearing my sound mod in its entirety. One thing I noticed though is that in HSFX 6 my sounds have considerably less volume than they do in UP3 or DBW. I'm not sure exactly why this is but is likely due to the way HSFX 6 is coded.

I appreciate the info Jiver but when I installed this it worked on some of my custom coop missions I have and locked up on a few others.  I have since re-edited the .rc file back to its original state and all is working under the default settings.  Let me know if you get an HSFX 6.0 release as I do like the sounds.

~S
Kilroy

rhinofilms

« Reply #200 on: October 18, 2012, 09:29:11 PM »

Just tried you mod -- freakin awesome and makes the game so much more immersive.

Thank you for all you work...this is so much cheaper than a shrink.

Katyusha454

• Fishbed Fangirl
« Reply #201 on: October 20, 2012, 10:52:15 AM »

Ahem...

I just installed the DBW version of your mod and the hotfix, and all the engine sounds are 100% default on every aircraft I've tried.  I don't have any other sound mods installed beyond what's already in DBW 1.7.  Any idea what might cause this?

Help please?  I've seen the videos of this mod and I really want to use it myself, but I can't unless somebody can help me sort this out.

Jiver67

• Modder
« Reply #202 on: October 20, 2012, 01:40:13 PM »

Blackbird420,

When you downloaded my mod, did you extract it properly into your "jsgmemods" folder? The folder structure should look like this:

IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\jsgmemods\#DBW_Jiver67's Total Soundmod

If you then open the "#DBW_Jiver67's Total Soundmod" folder, you should see two additional folders, "#DBW" and "Documentation".

Can you verify this please?

Katyusha454

• Fishbed Fangirl
« Reply #203 on: October 20, 2012, 07:06:31 PM »

Blackbird420,

When you downloaded my mod, did you extract it properly into your "jsgmemods" folder? The folder structure should look like this:

IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\jsgmemods\#DBW_Jiver67's Total Soundmod

If you then open the "#DBW_Jiver67's Total Soundmod" folder, you should see two additional folders, "#DBW" and "Documentation".

Can you verify this please?

It is installed correctly in jsgmemods, although when I looked inside the main folder the subfolders were "documentation" and "SAS_DBW".  I'm gonna try renaming the second one to "#DBW" and see if that works.  I'll edit this post when I've tried it.

EDIT: Just tested it, and now the sounds are stock DBW instead of vanilla.  Still no sign of your sounds.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 23   Go Up

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 24 queries.