Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: **Jiver's Total Sound Mod (JTSM) Version 2.0**  (Read 135719 times)

Jiver67

• Modder
Re: **Jiver's Total Sound Mod (JTSM) Version 2.0**
« Reply #180 on: August 20, 2012, 10:19:19 PM »

Regarding HSFX 6.0....

On doing some "under the hood" work tonight with HSFX 6.0, it appears that the buttons file used is encrypted to such an extent that I can't view the flight model data (even with the tools I have). This poses a bit of a problem in adapting my sounds to work with HSFX since the latest version of my mod requires a modified buttons file (for custom engine sound assignments). If my buttons file is used in place of the HSFX buttons, you will not be able to play online as the file validator will notice the "rogue" buttons file and basically tell you that you are fucked....LOL! So it looks like the best I will be able to do currently is offer an "offline only" version of my mod for HSFX.

Semor

• IL2 without Mods is possible,but senseless!
« Reply #181 on: August 21, 2012, 03:22:44 AM »

Hi Jiver.
Nice to see you back on track.I really like your previous sound mods.
For the actual HSFX,I think most of us here are play offline.so,to have a "offline only"version is better than nothing. I personaly run a wild mix from different sound mods,the russian RPs-5.0 mod as a base + parts from yours and a few others weapon sounds.(I´m not really a fan of Tigers new sounds)

Can I make a few suggestions to you for the new sounds?

-more powerfull radial engines (a 1250Ps engine in front of your nose makes a noise like hell)

-hopefully more powerfull and louder sounds for the japanese planes!!! (the weakest point of the most sound mods I think.)

-rebalanced and loud enough weapon sounds-I know,tis may be not 100% historical accurate

-a bit louder bullet impacts,flak and wind sound, etc.

-maybe,if it`s possible,a audible difference between an open and closed cockpit ( Tiger has made this very nice)

ok,thats it. hope this is not to much for the moment. :D

have a nice week. cheers.

santobr

• Modder
  • Senta a Pua!
    • F
« Reply #182 on: August 21, 2012, 04:26:45 AM »

A bit louder bullet impacts?
Every time I was hit, my wife complained about the sound volume. :P

santobr.

bomberkiller

• Treffen sich zwei Jäger...!
  • Modder
  • Bf-109G-6/R6 = Bomber Killer
« Reply #183 on: August 21, 2012, 06:32:23 AM »

Hallo Jiver,

your "Complete Sound Replacement Pack" and "Hotfix" I used in DBW since appearance.

Your Soundmod is amazing! Please: It would be very nice if you could follow the suggestions

from Semor and Santobr. Thank you very much for all your hard and famous works...!

Wbr, Gerhard  :D
FAC N° 9 ...cheers mein Schatz

Catahoulak9

• Modder
« Reply #184 on: August 21, 2012, 08:35:49 AM »

Well Jiver, that's better than nothing.

I for one appreciate your work and use it in my DBW install. I still use an adapted version of my 50 cal sounds, but everything else is yours.

I tend to agree with you and think your hits levels are loud enough. My border collie agrees too.

I also agree with you about the gun volume levels. I have it first hand from an old Navy pilot (my Father-in-Law) who flew Skyraiders in the 50's, when asked how loud were the guns when fired, he said you felt them a lot more than you heard them. These were, I believe, 4 20mm cannons going off about 5 feet from each ear. I suppose his headset and a huge unmuffled engine had something to do with it. But I bet they were louder than hell if you were sitting outside on the wing. Honestly, I was a little disappointed, but that is what the said. Since we really can't feel and smell in the sim, I think it's fair to use sight and sound to compensate by raising the volume over historical levels and increasing the visual screen shake a little. More guns = more shake.

Anyway, thank you and keep your sound work coming, you have a lot of fans out here.

bomberkiller

• Treffen sich zwei Jäger...!
  • Modder
  • Bf-109G-6/R6 = Bomber Killer
« Reply #185 on: August 21, 2012, 09:06:32 AM »

My border collie agrees too.

;D

Thank you for this joke. Please give your dog a "Leckerli" (bone) from me...

Gerhard
FAC N° 9 ...cheers mein Schatz

Jiver67

• Modder
« Reply #186 on: August 21, 2012, 07:19:04 PM »

Hi Jiver.
Nice to see you back on track.I really like your previous sound mods.
For the actual HSFX,I think most of us here are play offline.so,to have a "offline only"version is better than nothing. I personaly run a wild mix from different sound mods,the russian RPs-5.0 mod as a base + parts from yours and a few others weapon sounds.(I´m not really a fan of Tigers new sounds)

Can I make a few suggestions to you for the new sounds?

-more powerfull radial engines (a 1250Ps engine in front of your nose makes a noise like hell)

-hopefully more powerfull and louder sounds for the japanese planes!!! (the weakest point of the most sound mods I think.)

-rebalanced and loud enough weapon sounds-I know,tis may be not 100% historical accurate

-a bit louder bullet impacts,flak and wind sound, etc.

-maybe,if it`s possible,a audible difference between an open and closed cockpit ( Tiger has made this very nice)

ok,thats it. hope this is not to much for the moment. :D

have a nice week. cheers.

Hi Semor,

Thank you for the suggestions. I have already implemented many of the changes you mentioned above. All of the external engine sounds (for every plane in the game!) have been increased by about 50% - 75% and have been resampled at 44,100 Hz for greater fidelity. The flyby sounds are really impressive now! I have also broken out all of the multi-engine aircraft to have their own sound presets and samples so that I could tweak the volume levels and correct any odd sound distortion created by having more than one engine on an airframe. The multis are now loud but not overbearing (as they should be). I just finished with the huge task of modifying the engine sounds last night. I will also be further tweaking the gun and cannon sounds, explosions, flaps, gear, flak, and pretty much every other sound in the game. Every sample will be converted to 44,100 Hz. As for internal engine sounds, I have made changes to many of the engines (mainly increasing volume). I think you will find the volume level to be about right. Next, I'm going to experiment with reducing the internal volume of some of the guns and see how it sounds. My .50 cal MGs are really loud from the inside (a little too loud in my opinion). There are a huge number of changes coming in this latest version, so stay tuned!

Thanks again,

Jiver67

Jiver67

• Modder
« Reply #187 on: August 21, 2012, 07:21:44 PM »

Hallo Jiver,

your "Complete Sound Replacement Pack" and "Hotfix" I used in DBW since appearance.

Your Soundmod is amazing! Please: It would be very nice if you could follow the suggestions

from Semor and Santobr. Thank you very much for all your hard and famous works...!

Wbr, Gerhard  :D

Gerhard,

I have a new hit sound that will get your attention but shouldn't rattle the windows, LOL!

Jiver67

• Modder
« Reply #188 on: August 21, 2012, 07:24:42 PM »

A bit louder bullet impacts?
Every time I was hit, my wife complained about the sound volume. :P

santobr.

Well, there have been two versions of my sound mod released and I believe the bullet hit sounds in the first version were not too loud whereas the impact sounds in the second version were quite loud. Semor may have the early sounds.

Jiver67

• Modder
« Reply #189 on: August 21, 2012, 07:30:06 PM »

Well Jiver, that's better than nothing.

I for one appreciate your work and use it in my DBW install. I still use an adapted version of my 50 cal sounds, but everything else is yours.

I tend to agree with you and think your hits levels are loud enough. My border collie agrees too.

I also agree with you about the gun volume levels. I have it first hand from an old Navy pilot (my Father-in-Law) who flew Skyraiders in the 50's, when asked how loud were the guns when fired, he said you felt them a lot more than you heard them. These were, I believe, 4 20mm cannons going off about 5 feet from each ear. I suppose his headset and a huge unmuffled engine had something to do with it. But I bet they were louder than hell if you were sitting outside on the wing. Honestly, I was a little disappointed, but that is what the said. Since we really can't feel and smell in the sim, I think it's fair to use sight and sound to compensate by raising the volume over historical levels and increasing the visual screen shake a little. More guns = more shake.

Anyway, thank you and keep your sound work coming, you have a lot of fans out here.

Catahoulak,

Thanks for the compliments! I like what you did with the .50 cal MG sounds in your mod, they sound sweet!

As I mentioned above, I'm going to toy around with reducing the internal gun sounds a bit (but not too much!)  :)

Jiver67

• Modder
« Reply #190 on: August 21, 2012, 07:42:00 PM »

Oh, I forgot to mention, Tiger_33 has kindly allowed me to use a couple of his java class files to enable the wing fold sound on navy planes as well as enable the option for 64 channel sound. Things are looking (er, sounding) good!

Catahoulak9

• Modder
« Reply #191 on: August 21, 2012, 10:26:29 PM »

This is all great news Jiver! I can't wait to hear what you've come up with.

As far as the hit sounds go, I've read several pilot descriptions of bullets hitting their plane sounding like a handful of gravel thrown on a tin roof. If you've ever heard that, it's a very distinctive sound. I had an old tin roofed shed at my house in Louisiana with a gravel road beside it and a bunch of neighborhood kids that couldn't resist chucking a handful up there every now and then. Sure wish I would have recorded it but that was way before the miracle of modding IL2 came about.

Good luck and good God man, get some sleep.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 23   Go Up

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 27 queries.