Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: **Jiver's Total Sound Mod (JTSM) Version 2.0**  (Read 136120 times)

BT~Teacher

• Black Tails
Re: **Jiver's Total Sound Mod (JTSM) Version 2.0**
« Reply #168 on: August 16, 2012, 12:43:14 PM »

Yup, one of the best sound mods out there. HSFX 6 version would be much appreciated. :)

Cursy

« Reply #169 on: August 16, 2012, 12:51:57 PM »

Awesome sounds! Great job  ;)
But hopefully it works with HSFX 6.

Jiver67

• Modder
« Reply #170 on: August 18, 2012, 02:37:45 PM »

You know, I have been trying to get HSFX 6 to work for a while now. I have a clean 4.11 backup that works just fine. When I install HSFX 6 into this installation and enable HSFX via JSGME, then try to run the game, nothing happens. Just a couple seconds of hard drive activity and then nothing. If I disable HSFX and launch the stock game it runs just fine. I downloaded a new copy of the HSFX 6 installer files, so I know it is not a corrupt installer package. If any of you guys can offer assistance I would appreciate it. 

Semor

• IL2 without Mods is possible,but senseless!
« Reply #171 on: August 18, 2012, 02:43:19 PM »

Hi. Do you have only 4.11 as a base for HSFX?
You need to patch to 4.11.1 first,before the HSFX install!!

Grab the patch:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=31446

cheers. ;)

Jiver67

• Modder
« Reply #172 on: August 18, 2012, 03:00:52 PM »

Semor,

I completely forgot about the 4.11.1 patch! That did the trick. Thanks a bunch!   8)

Semor

• IL2 without Mods is possible,but senseless!
« Reply #173 on: August 18, 2012, 03:02:51 PM »

;) ;D 8)

No problem!

Jiver67

• Modder
« Reply #174 on: August 18, 2012, 05:04:54 PM »

Well, HSFX 6.0 looks to be a well-produced mod package. However, right off the bat I noticed some very familiar sounds when firing the machine guns and cannons on each of the planes I tested. To research this further, I extracted all the gun sound presets from the "fb_hsfxsounds.sfs" file and not suprisingly, found the exact sound presets from my mod. So from what I can determine, the HSFX team grabbed all of my gun sounds and presets and included them in their package WITHOUT asking for permission from me and WITHOUT even mentioning my name in the documentation for their product! You would expect more from one of the top three mod teams in the community, yes???

Hey_Joe

• Just having some fun
« Reply #175 on: August 19, 2012, 08:04:20 AM »

You would expect more from one of the top three mod teams in the community, yes???

I would think so Jiver, but I wouldn't know. I am no expert in Il2"s inside workings.

But, and this is a big but, the sounds I get as an end user from your Version 2.0 for DBW 1.7 are by far better and with no comparison, IMHO, to anything heard in HSFX.
Yes Tiger put a lot of work into his package...no denying that. I'm not degrading it.
Speaking for myself, it is a choice. (things like this become soooo subjective)

I guess what I am trying to say is even if gun sounds and presets are the same, these two sound totally different to me. I like what you put together.

Cheers, HJ

Jiver67

• Modder
« Reply #176 on: August 19, 2012, 10:31:48 AM »

Hey_Joe,

I appreciate the comment and the support, thank you! And yes, sounds are very subjective. It seems the HSFX team decided to reduce the volume of their (er, my) gun sounds both internally and externally, which is their choice. Personally I like to hear the guns over the sound of the engine(s), but there is good historical evidence that supports the fact that gun and cannons were barely audible from inside the cockpit with the engine running. I read part of an interview with Gunther Rall (the German ace) in which he was asked about this subject, and his response was something to the effect that you could barely hear the guns from inside. He mentioned that they sounded like "scratches". I played around with doing this in my sound mod but did not like the results...it just didn't sound cool! Regardless, the HSFX guys should have at least mentioned me in their documentation, even if the sounds are barely audible.

Spinnetti

« Reply #177 on: August 19, 2012, 02:07:53 PM »

Hey_Joe,

I appreciate the comment and the support, thank you! And yes, sounds are very subjective. It seems the HSFX team decided to reduce the volume of their (er, my) gun sounds both internally and externally, which is their choice. Personally I like to hear the guns over the sound of the engine(s), but there is good historical evidence that supports the fact that gun and cannons were barely audible from inside the cockpit with the engine running. I read part of an interview with Gunther Rall (the German ace) in which he was asked about this subject, and his response was something to the effect that you could barely hear the guns from inside. He mentioned that they sounded like "scratches". I played around with doing this in my sound mod but did not like the results...it just didn't sound cool! Regardless, the HSFX guys should have at least mentioned me in their documentation, even if the sounds are barely audible.

Interesting! I really like the guns over the engines too, but if that's not it was, I guess I need to adapt! - I had assumed that a pair of big guns in your lap would be loud regardless... Hmm....

Catahoulak9

• Modder
« Reply #178 on: August 20, 2012, 01:37:17 AM »

You would expect more from one of the top three mod teams in the community, yes???

Yes, I would expect more.

Maybe it was an oversight on their part, or maybe not. I do think an apology is in order though.

Jiver67

• Modder
« Reply #179 on: August 20, 2012, 10:07:58 PM »

Yes, I would expect more.

Maybe it was an oversight on their part, or maybe not. I do think an apology is in order though.

Catahoulak,

I sent a message to CharlieChap about this and he replied saying that he would include a credit in the next update. Fair enough I guess.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 23   Go Up

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 27 queries.