Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: **Jiver's Total Sound Mod (JTSM) Version 2.0**  (Read 135845 times)

Jiver67

• Modder
Re: **Jiver's Total Sound Mod (JTSM) Version 2.0**
« Reply #144 on: April 03, 2012, 04:10:57 PM »

Cheers mate,

The only folder included in the download which bears the prefix "9_JTSM_" is part of the hotfix. And this only holds start/end presets. The main #DBW_Jiver67's Total Soundmod folder contains the documentation, and SAS_DBW folder; in which lies the dbw_sound_05.sfs file. Am I missing something?  ;D

Sorry about that, but I forgot that the DBW version of my sound mod is in SFS format. You are correct, all you will see in the SAS_DBW folder is the SFS file, not the actual sound presets and samples. I am using a non-sfs version of my sound mod (version 2.1 beta) for DBW, hence my previous post.

Nonetheless, you should be hearing the dive sounds at approximately 380 - 400 mph. Let me take a look at the files in the sfs archive and I'll get back to you.

Jiver67

• Modder
« Reply #145 on: April 03, 2012, 05:07:34 PM »

I just tested the original sfs version in DBW 1.7 and can hear the dive sounds just fine....weird.

Anyway, here is something you can try. Extract the contents of this archive to your jsgmemods folder and install using JSGME....

https://www.mediafire.com/?5hcq314xvz7gjb4

Badmuthafunker

« Reply #146 on: April 04, 2012, 08:09:08 AM »

Yo Jiver,

A quick test with a 109F worked great. Nothing in other planes yet. I'll run more tests and get back to you ASAP.

Thanks again for all your efforts, mate.  ;)

12doze12

« Reply #147 on: April 09, 2012, 09:02:44 AM »

My First Post !!!

Thank you soo much for this mod.

elderlymango

« Reply #148 on: April 19, 2012, 05:09:46 AM »

Hi Jiver,
I know you have answered this a couple of times yet i still cant manage to get the mod to work :( im on 4.10.1m using the il-2 selector and i have enabled it in JSGME.
I installed the propeller/fan fix you put up but still no luck. Any chance you or someone else to point me in the right direction?
Would be much appreciated :)

Jiver67

• Modder
« Reply #149 on: April 20, 2012, 12:10:34 AM »

Hi Jiver,
I know you have answered this a couple of times yet i still cant manage to get the mod to work :( im on 4.10.1m using the il-2 selector and i have enabled it in JSGME.
I installed the propeller/fan fix you put up but still no luck. Any chance you or someone else to point me in the right direction?
Would be much appreciated :)

elderlymango,

Which mod pack are you using....DBW, UltraPack, HSFX, etc?

elderlymango

« Reply #150 on: April 20, 2012, 07:56:53 PM »

elderlymango,

I am using ultra pack 3.0

Jiver67

• Modder
« Reply #151 on: April 21, 2012, 12:25:49 PM »

elderlymango,

Assuming you have everything installed correctly (UltraPack, SAS Mod Activator, and JSGME), you will want to check the following folder to see if my mod is installed correctly: "IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\#UP#". In this folder you should see a sub-folder "9_JTSM_v2.0". Open this sub-folder and make sure you see a "presets" folder and a "samples" folder. Open each of these folders in turn and make sure you see the respective preset (.prs) and wave (.wav) files. If so, my mod is installed correctly and you should be hearing the sounds in game. If not, my mod did not install correctly via JSGME.

Let me know what you find.

Cheers,

Jiver

elderlymango

« Reply #152 on: April 21, 2012, 09:12:33 PM »

elderlymango,

Assuming you have everything installed correctly (UltraPack, SAS Mod Activator, and JSGME), you will want to check the following folder to see if my mod is installed correctly: "IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\#UP#". In this folder you should see a sub-folder "9_JTSM_v2.0". Open this sub-folder and make sure you see a "presets" folder and a "samples" folder. Open each of these folders in turn and make sure you see the respective preset (.prs) and wave (.wav) files. If so, my mod is installed correctly and you should be hearing the sounds in game. If not, my mod did not install correctly via JSGME.

Let me know what you find.

Cheers,

Jiver

I have checked the folders mentioned and i cant see anything wrong... Is there a way instead of having the mod activated, having the mod files replace the original files? or if they are installed and i cant tell is there a way to 'beef' them up so they sound deeper (trying to get of the drone noise) Also should i look into either downgrading my version (4.10.1m) or upgrading it? And is U.P 3 the way to go? Because i have heard that HSFX is good too... I just want some good sounding planes rather than the lawn mower ones i have at the moment.

Jiver67

• Modder
« Reply #153 on: April 21, 2012, 10:52:15 PM »

Even though the files appear to be in the right place it sounds like you are not hearing my mod. Are you sure you have UltraPack 3 enabled in JSGME and have also selected "UltraPack" in the Selector Switch?

You can't replace the stock sounds as they are loaded from an sfs archive on game start. What you can do though is open the .rc file (using Notepad) located in "IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\#UP#\STD" and scroll all the way down to the bottom of the file. Find the following entries and place a "#" in front of each one:

@sfs MOUNT fb_sound.sfs
@sfs MOUNT fb_sound01.sfs
@sfs MOUNT fb_sound02.sfs
@sfs MOUNT fb_sound03.sfs
@sfs MOUNT fb_sound04.sfs
@sfs MOUNT fb_sound05.sfs
@sfs MOUNT fb_sound06.sfs
@sfs MOUNT up_sounds.sfs
@sfs MOUNT up_sounds02.sfs
@sfs MOUNT up_sounds03.sfs
@sfs MOUNT up_sounds04.sfs

For example, the first entry will look like this:  #@sfs MOUNT fb_sound.sfs

What this will do is disable both the stock game sounds and the UltraPack sounds. Do this for each entry listed above and save the file. Then start up UltraPack and test a couple of different planes. If my mod is running you should hear the modded sounds (they are quite distinct from the stock sounds!). If you hear nothing at all then my mod is not installed correctly.

To reenable the stock sounds just remove the "#" and save the file.

This should give me some idea of what is going on.

elderlymango

« Reply #154 on: April 22, 2012, 12:00:10 AM »

Even though the files appear to be in the right place it sounds like you are not hearing my mod. Are you sure you have UltraPack 3 enabled in JSGME and have also selected "UltraPack" in the Selector Switch?

You can't replace the stock sounds as they are loaded from an sfs archive on game start. What you can do though is open the .rc file (using Notepad) located in "IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\#UP#\STD" and scroll all the way down to the bottom of the file. Find the following entries and place a "#" in front of each one:

@sfs MOUNT fb_sound.sfs
@sfs MOUNT fb_sound01.sfs
@sfs MOUNT fb_sound02.sfs
@sfs MOUNT fb_sound03.sfs
@sfs MOUNT fb_sound04.sfs
@sfs MOUNT fb_sound05.sfs
@sfs MOUNT fb_sound06.sfs
@sfs MOUNT up_sounds.sfs
@sfs MOUNT up_sounds02.sfs
@sfs MOUNT up_sounds03.sfs
@sfs MOUNT up_sounds04.sfs

For example, the first entry will look like this:  #@sfs MOUNT fb_sound.sfs

What this will do is disable both the stock game sounds and the UltraPack sounds. Do this for each entry listed above and save the file. Then start up UltraPack and test a couple of different planes. If my mod is running you should hear the modded sounds (they are quite distinct from the stock sounds!). If you hear nothing at all then my mod is not installed correctly.

To reenable the stock sounds just remove the "#" and save the file.

This should give me some idea of what is going on.
Interestingly i don't have "IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\#UP#\STD"... i have rc not rc 2,3 or 4. I am downloading UP 3 rc4 at the moment, hopefully that may solve the problem...
I'll message back and see how it goes, i really hope i can install it over my current version :P ill make a back up just in case. Thank you for all of your help so far! Its great having this support :)

Its updated to rc 4 but to no avail :( im still stuck and i dont even have that directory you said, the "IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\#UP#\STD".... i guess that means im missing something

Jiver67

• Modder
« Reply #155 on: April 22, 2012, 11:34:25 AM »

Extract this archive into your IL-2 root folder and it will create the #UP# folder and everything you need:  https://www.mediafire.com/?p7da5mm6u708tk7

This includes version 9.7 of the OFFLINE buttons file. If you want the ONLINE buttons then you will need to download them here:

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,97.0.html

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 23   Go Up

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 27 queries.