Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: **Jiver's Total Sound Mod (JTSM) Version 2.0**  (Read 135729 times)

Draken

Re: **Jiver's Total Sound Mod (JTSM) Version 2.0**
« Reply #84 on: November 02, 2011, 12:12:57 PM »

Thanks , I will try this later .

For now, I noticed some little issues :
-in external view , the AAA shells sounds and AAA tracers sounds are too weak in comparison to the engine sounds .
-in external view , the machine guns sounds are too loud in comparison to the engine sounds.

-in cockpit view , the sounds levels are ok . :)

Jiver67

• Modder
« Reply #85 on: November 10, 2011, 11:11:28 AM »

Thanks , I will try this later .

For now, I noticed some little issues :
-in external view , the AAA shells sounds and AAA tracers sounds are too weak in comparison to the engine sounds .
-in external view , the machine guns sounds are too loud in comparison to the engine sounds.

-in cockpit view , the sounds levels are ok . :)

Included in the hotfix I'm working on is an increase in the volume level of flak burst and rocket explosion sounds.

I lowered the external engine volume levels to fix an issue which really bothered me in the original sounds (and many of the modded sounds) which is that the engine sounds of other aircraft are much too loud when heard from within the cockpit. As an example, when sitting in the cockpit of your plane on the deck of a carrier, you could hear the engines of other planes on nearby carriers almost as loud as if they were sitting right next to you! By lowering the external volume level of the engine sounds I was able to fix this issue, but it did have the undesirable effect of making the external gun sounds a little too loud. If I can find a way around this issue I will implement the changes in my upcoming hotfix.

Draken

« Reply #86 on: November 13, 2011, 11:46:35 AM »

Thanks !

Draken

« Reply #87 on: December 17, 2011, 05:09:52 AM »

Draken,

Glad you are enjoying the sounds. As opposed to removing the propeller sounds entirely (as my previous fix does) another thing you might try is changing the following values...

in "propeller.middle.prs":

[sample.prop17_81_3.wav.rpm]
minlo 1000
minhi 1500
maxlo 2500
maxhi 3000
value 15.0
pmin  0.6
pmax  1.8

[sample.prop17_81_5.wav.rpm]
minlo 2500
minhi 3000
maxlo 5000
maxhi 5500
value 15.0
pmin  0.9
pmax  1.8

[sample.fan_09.wav.rpm]
minlo 300
minhi 500
maxlo 1300
maxhi 2000
value 3.0
pmin  0.4
pmax  1.25

in "propeller.small.prs":

[sample.prop17_81_3.wav.rpm]
minlo 1000
minhi 1500
maxlo 2500
maxhi 3000
value 10.0
pmin  0.6
pmax  1.8

[sample.prop17_81_5.wav.rpm]
minlo 2500
minhi 3000
maxlo 5000
maxhi 5500
value 10.0
pmin  0.9
pmax  1.8

[sample.fan_09.wav.rpm]
minlo 300
minhi 500
maxlo 1300
maxhi 2000
value 4.0
pmin  0.4
pmax  1.25

These changes reduce the "lawn mower" sound considerably without completely removing the sound of the propellers. Having a slight drone gives the engine sounds some "flavor" and especially enhances the sounds of several of the multi-engine planes.

I'm working on a second hotfix which will incorporate this change as well as other small sound fixes.

I tried these settings .
The sounds are pretty good , so .
Thanks !

janzamon

« Reply #88 on: December 19, 2011, 03:39:29 AM »

Hello all,

Requiring some assistance. I'm new to all this modding stuff and having some issues installing this sound mod. I downloaded the classic mod installs, base mod package on the first page. I followed the install instructions and using JSGME.exe I enabled the "#CM_Jiver's Total Sound Mod v2.0". But when playing the game the original sounds are still enabled. How do I get this to work? I've never done any modding so I don't have a clue what im doing..

edit. installed the SAS mod activator and got the sound mod working. Thanks for this awesome mod..

Wad_Cutter

« Reply #89 on: December 21, 2011, 03:07:15 PM »

I have been watching a few of Jafaem Youtubes for the Spitfire engine sounds. Are those same sounds in this download? The one I heard made the Spitfire sound better then any other engine sound I have heard. I did PM you about it Jafaem. Thank you. wc.

Jiver67

• Modder
« Reply #90 on: December 30, 2011, 11:45:01 PM »

I have been watching a few of Jafaem Youtubes for the Spitfire engine sounds. Are those same sounds in this download? The one I heard made the Spitfire sound better then any other engine sound I have heard. I did PM you about it Jafaem. Thank you. wc.

The Spitfire engine sounds in my sound mod are a modified earlier version of Jafa's Merlin engine sounds. My sound mod does not include Jafa's latest Spitfire sounds. Of course, you can use Jafa's latest sounds with my sound mod if you like. Simply drop the presets and samples into my sound mod folder and overwrite the specific files.

Jiver67

• Modder
« Reply #91 on: December 30, 2011, 11:50:19 PM »

These changes reduce the "lawn mower" sound considerably without completely removing the sound of the propellers. Having a slight drone gives the engine sounds some "flavor" and especially enhances the sounds of several of the multi-engine planes.

I'm working on a second hotfix which will incorporate this change as well as other small sound fixes.

can you make a version of this update for UP3?

or is there a way to get rid of the lawnmower sounds while keeping the nice new sounds?

Yes, I will be releasing a hotfix for UP3 that minimizes the lawn mower sounds. I have been away for quite a while dealing with RL issues and so haven't had any time to release the update yet. I'll try to get it out this week.

Wad_Cutter

« Reply #92 on: December 31, 2011, 10:36:23 AM »

Wold you know where I can find Jafa's latest sounds mod?

Jiver67

• Modder
« Reply #93 on: December 31, 2011, 10:51:34 AM »

Wold you know where I can find Jafa's latest sounds mod?

I don't think he has released it yet. Have you tried sending him an email?

Wad_Cutter

« Reply #94 on: December 31, 2011, 02:14:37 PM »

I have tried many times to e-ail him and as of yet no answer. I'll just have to wait. It will be well wother the wait. I have never heard any one Spitfite sound like his. Just that one engine sound. Thank you for your kind reply. Happy Safe New Year.

Jafa

• Monkeeeeeeeeeey
  • Modder
« Reply #95 on: December 31, 2011, 06:23:28 PM »

Waddy the new merlins you speak of and others are not released as of yet , im currently  working on the Jumo engine range and its likley that they will be the first release of the new batch , im sorry if ive not replied to any messages you have sent me.

Jafa.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 23   Go Up

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 25 queries.