Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: **Jiver's Total Sound Mod (JTSM) Version 2.0**  (Read 135892 times)

santobr

• Modder
  • Senta a Pua!
    • F
Re: **Jiver's Total Sound Mod (JTSM) Version 2.0**
« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2011, 04:52:40 PM »

Hi Jiver. :)

The issue is like a mix of old buzz sounds with the new sounds at the same time, it's only externally.
We can hear it with flyby view.

Cheers.

santobr.

Jiver67

• Modder
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2011, 05:48:03 PM »

Hi Jiver. :)

The issue is like a mix of old buzz sounds with the new sounds at the same time, it's only externally.
We can hear it with flyby view.

Cheers.

santobr.

I'm going to need some more information from you guys before I can nail this problem down....

Did you just install my sound mod after upgrading to UP 3.0 RC-4 or have you been using it (my sound mod) with earlier version of UP 3? If you have been using my sound mod with earlier versions of UP 3, did you have this problem prior to upgrading to RC 4?

santobr

• Modder
  • Senta a Pua!
    • F
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2011, 06:59:17 PM »

Well, the sound I hear is the same in RC3 or RC4. :)
I didn't notice until one friend commented about it, so I tryed some flyby views and I noticed that.
It's just like a "bzzzz" sound.
My friend has a soundblaster card.

santobr.

Sid

« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2011, 07:13:53 PM »

This is my first installation with your mod.

I have been running RC4 since it was introduced last week and put your mod on today for the first time. I haven't used your mod before on any UP installation so it is completely new and fresh.

I don't use any other sound mods other than UP RC4 enabled via JSGME.

I have done some experimenting. When I install the mod via JSGME it creates a folder in my #UP# folder that I created in my main game folder a while back. This created folder is named '9_JTSM_v2.0'. When I ran the 'no dive sounds mod' via JSGME it also created a folder in my #UP# folder. This is called '8_JTSM_v2.0 (no-dive)' .

When I disable your mods via JSGME the newly created folders in the #UP# folder disappear.

What ever I do I can only get your new sounds over the stock ones OR the sounds supplied with UP3.0 - I cannot run your sounds as a stand alone with UP3.0 RC4.

Hope this helps.

Jiver67

• Modder
« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2011, 01:43:12 AM »

Santobr and Sid,

Ok, I have a better understanding of your installation now. You have enabled my mod correctly using JSGME, and what you explained about the "9_JTSM_v2.0" folder appearing and disappearing from your #UP# folder is correct....this is working as designed.

Are you both using the SAS Selector switch that is bundled with the latest SAS Mod Activator? On my installation I enable UP 3.0 RC4 and JTSM v2.0 via JSGME. I then run the selector switch and change my game type to Ultra Pack 3. I also usually disable "mod caching" as it can sometimes cause problems if you have been playing around with any of your mods (as I commonly do).

I'm out of town for a couple days and so don't have access to my gaming computer, so I'm going off of memory here.   :D

santobr

• Modder
  • Senta a Pua!
    • F
« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2011, 11:34:25 AM »

Thank you for your attention, Jiver. :)

Please, take a look at the class files in your mod because I noticed that they are touching in the tracer's colors.
Enabling your awesome mod, makes random tracer's colors on LA-5FN plane.
Maybe other planes are affected too.

santobr.

Sid

« Reply #54 on: August 04, 2011, 02:35:31 PM »

Are you both using the SAS Selector switch that is bundled with the latest SAS Mod Activator? On my installation I enable UP 3.0 RC4 and JTSM v2.0 via JSGME. I then run the selector switch and change my game type to Ultra Pack 3. I also usually disable "mod caching" as it can sometimes cause problems if you have been playing around with any of your mods (as I commonly do).

Yes, my settings are as you describe them above.

In my main game folder is the #UP# folder in which I have the following mods enabled:

00 SSE2+SSE3+SSE4+Light v.1 beta (4 101)
00_P&HG_Ricochet_Only
9_JTSM_2.0
CarsmasterWater v3.16 beta ( NOT compatible OLC Water V2)
Cirx POV
MapMods
STD

I've disabled the #UP# folder by putting a - in front of it. This disables your mod so I get the UP3 sounds.

I've also disabled the mods within that folder one by one, this hasn't brought any difference.

I use the 'P39 v Bf 109' track as a test - when the track goes to the 109 externals at 9 seconds the droning sound begins. This droning is present in the stock game aswell, but not in the standard UP3 sounds. Is there something in UP3 that disables the droning that could need to be included in yours?

I use this track because your mod is noticable at 25 seconds when the P39 is on internals and it opens fire - the gun sounds are very different  :)

f/jg300_bart

« Reply #55 on: August 07, 2011, 09:53:28 AM »

hi all hi jiver.
I had problems with your mod, i unzip and install in my jsgmemod folder and when i activate your mod afer activate up3 (i had up3rc4) no new sounds.Whereas i followed readme.I forgot a step?
Thks ^^

Jiver67

• Modder
« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2011, 09:15:40 PM »

Sid and Santobr,

Sorry for taking so long on getting back to you, but I have been busy with other things.

As to the sound issue you are experiencing, I just reinstalled UP 3.0 RC4 on my gaming PC and still cannot hear a difference in the external engine sounds. Everything sounds like it should.

Can one (or both of you) take an audio sample of what you are hearing and email it to me? If you will send me a private message I will give you my email address.

Jiver

Jiver67

• Modder
« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2011, 09:28:07 PM »

hi all hi jiver.
I had problems with your mod, i unzip and install in my jsgmemod folder and when i activate your mod afer activate up3 (i had up3rc4) no new sounds.Whereas i followed readme.I forgot a step?
Thks ^^

Are you using the SAS Mod Activator and Selector Switch (available from this site) to launch UP 3.0? Without it Ultra Pack will not read from the "#UP#" folder and hence will not load my sound mod.

Here is what the Selector Switch looks like:

brat

« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2011, 03:41:11 AM »

Sid and Santobr. Perhaps these sounds are the prop and fan sounds that Jiver has a fix for on page 3 of this topic.

Sid

« Reply #59 on: August 16, 2011, 03:49:11 AM »

Yes mate, I'm using the selector. I installed 'DBW' recently and put your mod in via JSGME - still the same 'background' noise as UP3.

I'll do a sample and send it to you. Thanks for coming back.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 23   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 27 queries.