Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23   Go Down

Author Topic: **Jiver's Total Sound Mod (JTSM) Version 2.0**  (Read 135844 times)

Jiver67

• Modder
Re: **Jiver's Total Sound Mod (JTSM) Version 2.0**
« Reply #240 on: June 20, 2013, 08:45:40 PM »

Hello Jiver!
I am using your presets and samples in my v4.11.1m+ModAct with very good results. But I would like to increase volume of external sounds, I mean sounds of other planes and guns when you are inside cockpit.
Perhaps not so realistic but much more fun certainly. Do you have an idea about how can I do that?
If so, please...
Love your mod! :)

Thanks! ;)

Oscorito,

Open the file "conf.ini" located in the root directory of your IL-2 folder and scroll down to the "[sound]" section of the file. Find the line that reads "Attenuation=" and try setting it to a value of 5 or 4. This will allow you to hear the guns and engines of other aircraft at further distance from your plane.

Jiver67

• Modder
« Reply #241 on: June 20, 2013, 08:47:55 PM »

Thank you so much Jiver for a fantastic and simple to use mod.  I have been trying for quite a while to get Tigers to work although a great mod was very hard at times.  One question, my mod doesn't say anything about version 2.0, just says #DBW_Jiver67's Total Soundmod is this correct as I've clicked the links for V2.0 and this is all i get?

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve,

Yes, you are using version 2.0 of my mod. I didn't include the version number in the folder name...will do so with the new version 3.0.

Jiver67

• Modder
« Reply #242 on: June 20, 2013, 08:50:17 PM »

The sound mod is astonishing for HSFX 6.0.17!! :D I love it!

However, my only nitpick is, the flak explosion sound effects aren't that loud as I thought they'd be. ^^;

I'm talking about these samples:

grenade_efx1_92_1
grenade_efx1_92_2
grenade_efx1_93_1
grenade_efx1_93_2

If there's some tweak to increase their volumes, let me know. :)

Victor,

What you can do is open these samples in a sound editor such as Goldwave or Audacity and increase the volume and/or bass level.

victor639514

• Modder
« Reply #243 on: June 20, 2013, 09:21:53 PM »

Thanks for the tip. I tried it, but what REALLY worked was that I opened the presets "explode.zenitka" and "explode.zenitkaI"

When I opened them, I changed:

[spl]
130   To---> [spl]

Now I can hear them, crisp and clear. ^^
Hey, get that inertia started!

Mysticpuma

« Reply #244 on: June 22, 2013, 02:29:13 PM »

Any chance of making a 'drag and drop' version of these for Patch 4.12 which now allows custom sounds to be installed in the default directory?

Just asking ;)

Cheers, MP

Jiver67

• Modder
« Reply #245 on: June 22, 2013, 03:48:40 PM »

Any chance of making a 'drag and drop' version of these for Patch 4.12 which now allows custom sounds to be installed in the default directory?

Just asking ;)

Cheers, MP

Funny that you should ask. I just downloaded the 4.12 patch last night and applied it to a fresh install of IL-2 4.11. With some tweaking I was able to get the current version of my mod (version 3.0) working using the new SAS Mod Activator. There are some issues with the 4.12 buttons file that I can probably fix. To answer your question though, yes, I could post version 3.0 in a "drag and drop" format for folks who are interested. This will work with the bone stock version of 4.12 but there are some missing sounds. To make it 100% I would need to go through the 4.12 buttons file with a fine tooth comb and verify the engine sound sample names match the sound presets for my mod. This will take some time. If you are interested in an "as is" version I can simply post what I have at the moment and you can tweak it yourself. I would prefer to not release what I have until it is 100%, but real life always seems to get in the way!

santobr

• Modder
  • Senta a Pua!
    • F
« Reply #246 on: June 22, 2013, 03:54:03 PM »

Please, try to make it. :)

santobr.

Semor

• IL2 without Mods is possible,but senseless!
« Reply #247 on: June 23, 2013, 06:22:46 AM »

Same here. I like to play the "Test Rabbit".  :D

Upload what you have in the works.

Semor

Blaubaer

« Reply #248 on: July 02, 2013, 06:05:48 AM »

Please, try to make it.
!

Regards
der Blaubär

SchwarzeHund

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #249 on: August 18, 2013, 08:15:46 AM »

Greetings Jiver...love the sound mod- thanks!  Trying to fly a QMB mission with the Hs-129, Me-210 or Me-410 the loading process halts & I get the following error message:

The instruction at "0x09e60a7b" referenced memory at "0x0000872c". The memory could not be "read".  Click on OK to terminate the program

I'm running DBW 1.71 with your V2(for DBW) & hotfix and have experienced the same problem when I've activated through JGSME and also tried (for whatever reason) putting it in the DBW folder...no problems with other aircraft I've flown so far- but these 3 a/c blow it up.  I've read through all the posts on this thread and didn't see anyone else mention this issue- so maybe it's just me...any assistance would be appreciated.  I REALLY enjoy your MG/cannon sounds and would really like to keep using it...thanks in advance!
Adopt a Greyhound ~ Lose a Couch

SchwarzeHund

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #250 on: September 01, 2013, 08:32:47 AM »

Not sure what exactly happened...went back to a good install point and then re-introduced the JTSM carefully and I don't have the problem with the Hs-129 or Me-210/410 anymore...I'm very glad it's working properly now- as I love the pack: thanks, Jiver!!
Adopt a Greyhound ~ Lose a Couch

Jiver67

• Modder
« Reply #251 on: September 01, 2013, 11:43:29 AM »

Schwarzhund,

Sorry I didn't get back to you. Glad to hear you got the issue worked out!

-Jiver

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23   Go Up

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 27 queries.