Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down

Author Topic: USN Light Carriers  (Read 54316 times)

asheshouse

• SAS Team
Re: USN Light Carriers
« Reply #120 on: May 03, 2018, 01:06:48 PM »

70% crash is normally due to a problem with the entries in ini files.
Princeton error above I think is just due to the 3d model not being located, but should not cause a crash.

If I get time I will reinstall in my 4.13 installation to recheck.

-)-MAILMAN-

« Reply #121 on: May 03, 2018, 03:39:53 PM »

I know in HSFX they included three of the CVL's and were listed in ships.ini under "shippack".  I only had to add the six CVL that were not included in HSFX installation.

I don't think there is any "shippack" with the stock games, but I won't say that with any certainty because I don't know.

Thank you for looking into it.
@={==MAILMAN==> "All for one and one for all."

asheshouse

• SAS Team
« Reply #122 on: May 04, 2018, 10:07:00 AM »

I have replicated the problem in my SASModActv6 installation.

Having re-examined the class files it is apparent that you need to have ShipPack2 installed for the US CVL's to work.
The CVL class files work as an extension to the USSPrincetonCVL23 classes, which came with ShipPack2, so if they are not found the game will CTD due to the java error.

The best solution will be to redo the US CVL classes so that they are independent of ShipPack2. I will probably do this when I have a moment.

-)-MAILMAN-

« Reply #123 on: May 04, 2018, 06:55:44 PM »

Thank you for looking into this.  I thought I was following all of the steps correctly and kept thinking I was missing some stgep..

I do have the ship pack (not ship pack 2) mod as a separate mod that I could install which has all of the additional mod ships that had been added to HSFX, but I like your approach better since there is no HSFX for 4.13.4m.

asheshouse

• SAS Team
« Reply #124 on: May 05, 2018, 02:41:37 AM »

Here are some replacement classfiles https://www.mediafire.com/file/6xzv6vaa8c22ynj/ShipUSN%20CVL_Classes%2005-05-18.rar
Delete the existing ones and extract these into the mod folder.

I have confirmed that there is no CTD and that the ships appear in the FMB menu correctly.
Please test in a mission and confirm they operate correctly.
In particular please check that aircraft spawn, takeoff, and land correctly.

All links with ShipPack2 have been removed.

-)-MAILMAN-

« Reply #125 on: May 05, 2018, 09:41:51 AM »

Thanks for doing this.

I will give this a try in a little while and report back here.

-)-MAILMAN-

« Reply #126 on: May 05, 2018, 12:01:47 PM »

Installed your new class files to the USN Light Carriers Mod Folder

Inserted the text lines for CVL-22:

chief.ini
ships.ini
stationary.ini

technic_ru.properties

Tested USS Independence CVL-43 steaming 270° at 30 Knots (61KPH) at 7:00 AM, October 5, 1943.
Wake MAP
Independence
F6F-3

Planes spawned perfectly, took off, flew the waypoints and landed (and de-spawned) correctly.  Unfortunately no carrier take off mod for 4.13 and higher so no therefore no catapults on any of the carriers.

Now I will add the rest of the CVL's.  I noticed two folders, short deck and standard deck.  Apart from the obvious reference to the length of the deck, what do these folders do and am I supposed to disable one of the folders?

Thank you so much for fixing the USN Light Carriers to work in 4.13.4m with the Free IL2 Modding Mod Activator.

Now if I could add Hiryu, Soryu and IJN light carriers and the RN Indomitable and Formidable without the ship pack mod I would be a happy camper.

asheshouse

• SAS Team
« Reply #127 on: May 05, 2018, 01:28:29 PM »

Do the aircraft group correctly on flight deck if using multiple aircraft.
Cant do anything about the lack of catapults at present.

-)-MAILMAN-

« Reply #128 on: May 05, 2018, 06:53:24 PM »

They appeared to spawn correctly, (not stacked like in CTO) in my test.
I had one AI flight (4 aircraft) spawn on deck.  If I remember correctly when they spawned; the each row's planes were in pairs and each row was staggered/offset in relationship to the row in front of it.  All the planes could unfold their wings at the same time shortly after they all started their engines.

Why are there two folders?
short deck
standard deck

What do they do?

I haven't done anything with them (not in HSFX either), just leaving them both enabled.  Should one or the other be disabled?

asheshouse

• SAS Team
« Reply #129 on: May 06, 2018, 01:00:11 AM »

Not sure about the short deck/standard deck thing, but have a read here.
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,16988.msg406821.html#msg406821

Might refer to the location of the spawning point on the flight deck, and catapult points. One being setup for a catapult enabled installation?

-)-MAILMAN-

« Reply #130 on: May 06, 2018, 09:24:31 AM »

I read the posts from your link.  I will test this in my HSFX installation on one of the CV's and see if and what if any difference is made since the catapults work in that installation.

I want to thank you again for making the changes to get the CVL's working in an installation that isn't embedded in one of the "mod packs".  I see all of them now in my 4.13.4m FreeIL2Modding Mod Act (for 4.13.4).

So far, with this installation, I have only been able to add Lonestars Truk Lagoon  ;D (and three other of his maps for the Yorktown and Lexington Class carriers), delvpier's Phillipines map, and redko's Palau V2 map.  I definitely can use these USN Light Carriers on these maps.  I am definitely a happy camper.

I hope some of the others who posted to this thread in earlier times can see that you modified the files so there is no reference to "ship pack".

-)-MAILMAN-

« Reply #131 on: July 18, 2018, 07:32:56 PM »

As I stated in my last post the USN CVL's work in my 4.13.4m FreeIL2fModding Mod Activator installation.  Again thank you for fixing this asheshouse.

There are no "YE-ZB" beacons for the CVL's.  Is there a file/entry that needs to be added/edited for the beacons to be applied to these carriers?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 27 queries.