Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: USN Light Carriers  (Read 54350 times)

Plowshare

• Modder
USN Light Carriers
« on: July 04, 2011, 07:30:16 PM »

Note: Replacement classfiles posted here https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,16988.msg646125.html#msg646125
These remove class dependencies on ShipPack2.

I've been working on these for a while now and they are finally done. Asheshouse provided the class files that allow this mod to work.

These ships were used in the South Pacific during 1944; the ships with Measure 21, Navy Blue, were used during this period and in 1945.

Because the skin uses one copy of the hull for both sides I originally was going to do alternate sides of the same Design - Design 8A Port then Design 8A Starboard etc. I then decided that, as good Naval aviators we would always approach our ship from the port side using a left-hand circuit before landing. With this in mind I then decided to model only the port side of the ships. The island, however, is accurate on both sides as the skin provides both sides.

I used photos from the Internet for every ship I could find. Some of these photos were not much use and some were invaluable for the details - particularly of the flight deck. Just to short-circuit those who will ask "What the h*** is the 'Z' doing on the deck of Belleau Wood?": I got the photo clearly showing this version of the deck number. For those interested here's the link:

http://www.maritimequest.com/warship_directory/us_navy_pages/aircraft_carriers/uss_belleau_wood_cv_24.htm

This and similar sites were heavily used during the painting process.

So, with all this in mind here's some pictures showing these ships:

Independence:

Princeton:

Belleau Wood:

Cowpens:

Monterey:

Langley:

Cabot:

Bataan:

San Jacinto:

Generic:

There are three downloads for these.

The first download is for the ships alone. Here's the link:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/7w15kbi6mznsr1z/USN%20Light%20Carriers.rar

The second download puts the deck crew on board these ships using Ranwers' old Carrier Crew v4. Here's the link:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/rg8mrsmenj9tskk/USN%20CVL%20Carrier%20Crew%20v4.rar

This third download puts the deck crew on board these ships using Ranwers' new Carrier Crew v5. Here's the link:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/eukppg51qdpd1qf/USN%20CVL%20Carrier%20Crew%20v5.rar

Further on this Carrier Crew v5:
I repainted the deck crew for the ships in Measure 21 - USS Langley CVL-27, USS Cabot CVL-28, and USS Generic CVL - to better reflect the uniforms used on these ships during combat operations. It was with the help of Ranwers that I was able to separate these crewmembers from the rest of the ships' crews.

Here are three pictures showing Carrier Crew v5:

On board USS Cabot CVL-28

On board USS Cowpens CVL-25

This last download is for Ranwers' latest creation - Carrier Crew v5. I heartily recommend this last addition for the on-deck immersion value. Here's the link:

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,16467.0.html?PHPSESSID=c327a8333e93769945691571e03f6b00

I hope you get as much enjoyment from these ships as had making them for you.

Bob

Ranwers

• SAS Team
  • FiFi
Re: USN Light Carriers
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 12:20:59 PM »

Great ! Thanks :)
Remember, that it takes considerably longer to create a mod than a pretty screen shot

duffys tavern

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 02:52:46 PM »

Get a 70% CTD. Running 4.10.1, ModAct 3.2 Any Ideas. Using USN Fleet Carriers, no real problem.

SAS~Bombsaway

• Choose your battles wisely.
  • SAS Team
  • A day without laughter is a day wasted
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 11:09:08 AM »

Stunning work Bob. They look fantastic. :)
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Plowshare

• Modder
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 12:36:57 PM »

?
Get a 70% CTD. Running 4.10.1, ModAct 3.2 Any Ideas. Using USN Fleet Carriers, no real problem.

Anyone able to help out with this mod? I"m not running 4.10.1 or even 4.09.

You had a problem with Sara coming out as Essex and the Essex class carriers having no camo; so, you solved the problem you had with the ships in Fleet Carriers? Or are you just not using them.

Bob

duffys tavern

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, 03:11:42 PM »

Just not using them. I love the others you've done so much, I don't want to take a chance on fouling them up. Other than the Sara and Essex, the rest work great! Now if I could just get these CVLs to work...

PO_MAK_249RIP

• CMON U SPURS!
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2011, 08:37:06 AM »

70% is a .ini problem ? But you probably know that !!
Corsair Carbide case, Intel core i5 4690 3.5ghz with Arctic Cooler, Asus Rock H97 performance, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB DDR6, 32GB Patriot Viper 1600Mhz, 256GB/500GB Crucial SSDs, Windows 10 64bit.

asheshouse

• SAS Team
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2011, 08:45:53 AM »

Installation method is the same for v4.09, 4.10 and 4.101

Start with model folders and class files in Mods folder, and text entries only in chief.ini and ships.ini

Leave out the other text entries until you have it working.

HundertzehnGustav

• Banned on Sep 11/2012
  • Arrogant Narcisistic Pussy
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2011, 03:53:11 PM »

blew a fuse.
thought about Murderers row
thanks to you almost possible...

Plowshare

• Modder
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2011, 08:57:07 PM »

HundertzehnGustav:

Give me two weeks ;) and you'll have the destroyer USS Harrison DD-573 in Measure 3 Design 2C which could be the one visible aft of USS Yorktown second from the front.

The photo you've posted is in fact the inspiration for all the ships I've done - the fleet and light carriers and the destroyers in the works now. I have been able to emulate the photo very accurately and then had the joy of flying my Corsair to the same point as the photo was taken from then completing the circuit of all the ships. It was immensely satisfying!

I'm currently working on 15 new destroyers of the Fletcher class; 11 in Measure 3 of various Designs as well as 2 each in Measures 21 and 22. The 11 in Measure 3 will be historically accurate on the Port Side except for USS Conway for which I couldn't find a port side view of Design 7D so I used the Starboard view.

Bob

HundertzehnGustav

• Banned on Sep 11/2012
  • Arrogant Narcisistic Pussy
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2011, 07:38:07 AM »

well then, take a screenshot i say. take it and post it. Please.

This picture was lurking in the back of my mind when you first presented your work. It only now came out to the conscious part of it.
make me wanna have a major 5 CV, 10 CVE 10 CA, 10 BB and 50 DD battlegroup shootout against the Japanese mainlands.

Murderers Row. a Sight that probably deeply impressed more than one serviceman back then. The Massed Hardware of the US carrier fleets.
The definition of Awesomeness.

DaveOD06

• Modder
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2011, 11:53:30 AM »

well then, take a screenshot i say. take it and post it. Please.

This picture was lurking in the back of my mind when you first presented your work. It only now came out to the conscious part of it.
make me wanna have a major 5 CV, 10 CVE 10 CA, 10 BB and 50 DD battlegroup shootout against the Japanese mainlands.

Murderers Row. a Sight that probably deeply impressed more than one serviceman back then. The Massed Hardware of the US carrier fleets.
The definition of Awesomeness.

Agreed. This picture is awesome. You can also put these in the right setting on my Western Carolines map. The pic was taken at Ulithi Lagoon.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 12   Go Up

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 26 queries.