Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 31   Go Down

Author Topic: DBW Current Build All Bug Reports  (Read 117464 times)

Toasted_Toad

• Crashaholic
  • I come from a land "Down Under".
Re: DBW Current Build All Bug Reports
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2011, 11:57:58 PM »

G'day Guys,

I have found a clash with the DBW 1.4 AImod and the "Unlimited_Ammo_with_Limited_Bombs_and_Rockets" mod.

4B598398AD1D180C seems to be common with both.

When u load a mission with both enabled the load freezes at "30% Loading Aircraft" the white cursor comes up and when u hit cancel it ctd.

I know which one is higher priority for me! AI FTW  :D   Shame though, the Unlimited with... was good stuff too  :(

Cheers,

T_T

Edit: just found his v2 of the mod, all fixed  :D  :D  :D

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2011, 12:25:58 AM »

The ulimited ammo is Storebror's mod afaik? if so, just report this to him in his thread. He is one of the daddy's of DBW, so I am sure if possible he will make a version for it.(but possibly only after the development push of the ai mod settles down)

bolox

• Modder
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2011, 03:56:12 AM »

few little cockpit bugs i've noticed:-

Me110

nightlighting not aligning for 3 temp gauges(2 engine and OAT). oxy gauges also

in all models except G4 the ANF needles are wrongly oriented- think you need these lines in heir(orig lines // out)
[Z_AFN21]
Mesh Z_AFN21
Parent _ROOT_
Attaching 0 1 0 -1 0 0 0 0 1 2.09681 0.06821 0.45028
//0 1 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 2.09681 0.08221 0.44428

[Z_AFN22]
Mesh Z_AFN22
Parent _ROOT_
Attaching 0 1 0 -1 0 0 0 0 1 2.09681 0.08221 0.46328

109 F/G models
there's afault on the seats

ju88
missing 'aircraft' indicator in compasses.

also oxy bottles tga is wrong in pilot position-all models (think this is with changing the mesh?- i recall changing this along while ago in my orig mod to align with torp versions). in torp error recurs in nose gunner also. adding my 4.101 repaint fixes these issues

also cross wires for peil compass are displaced. in C6 versions- i deleted these in my 4.101 fix for this pit

sorry to point these out as i know what a pain these are to get right( the 88 is somewhat finnicky to put it politely)

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2011, 08:30:09 AM »

one more:

Bf-109E3:
on auxiliary strips player on autpilot still opens canopy, rips off on start in external view but not in internal. cannot be closed anymore of course.

other AI leaves canopy shut.

spinner

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2011, 08:43:59 AM »

I have had no problems with installations up to this point.

I installed version 1.4 as per instructions and placed the air, plan and weapons entrys in the appropriate file in the #DBW/STD folder structure.

This is an unmodded installation.

On startup program CTD at 70%. Mods selected in JSGME were Track IR class files, Mission Pro, Jiver67 Sound mod and hot fix and the AI mod. Double checked text entries. All seemed to be correct.

Disabled mods one at a time. The AI mod did not cause a CTD but Mission Pro did. Once I zeroed in on the Mission Pro mod I tried lower memory setting. Normally at 512, tried 258 and 128 but neither changed anything.

Hope this helps a bit. Thanks again for all your hard work on this. It has got to be a lot like hearding 1,000 cats.

Spinner                                                   

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2011, 08:54:23 AM »

not spefically a bug of 1.4 but the a general observation in DBW:

display of clouds in bad weather or rain/thunder:

I usually don't fly under such conditions so I don't notice but a camapign forced me so I observed:
condition thunderstorm, but the clouds are like "light overcast" only. The world is significantly darker and it rains but only scatterd clowds and I can see the high sky.... thunder and lightning around me and I can see the "dark blue" up there while on the horizon a color like a real storm is shown.... it is as if the clouds are missing.

kind of no matter on what map, i tried a bit in QMB, on all it looks basically as if there are no full overcast clouds anymore.
anyone else observes this?!

SkyHigh

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2011, 02:58:36 PM »

I can confirm that I seem to be getting far better clouds with Bender's Ultimate Environment mod than with others, including Flushy's boosted cloud-mod. I have used Type 1 Cumulus set to Huge and find Poor conditions in the QMB really are poor.

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2011, 07:02:03 PM »

few little cockpit bugs i've noticed:-

Me110

nightlighting not aligning for 3 temp gauges(2 engine and OAT). oxy gauges also

in all models except G4 the ANF needles are wrongly oriented- think you need these lines in heir(orig lines // out)
[Z_AFN21]
Mesh Z_AFN21
Parent _ROOT_
Attaching 0 1 0 -1 0 0 0 0 1 2.09681 0.06821 0.45028

[Z_AFN22]
Mesh Z_AFN22
Parent _ROOT_
Attaching 0 1 0 -1 0 0 0 0 1 2.09681 0.08221 0.46328

109 F/G models
there's afault on the seats

ju88
missing 'aircraft' indicator in compasses.

also oxy bottles tga is wrong in pilot position-all models (think this is with changing the mesh?- i recall changing this along while ago in my orig mod to align with torp versions). in torp error recurs in nose gunner also. adding my 4.101 repaint fixes these issues

also cross wires for peil compass are displaced. in C6 versions- i deleted these in my 4.101 fix for this pit

sorry to point these out as i know what a pain these are to get right( the 88 is somewhat finnicky to put it politely)

Hi mate

I want to write here, because it is a message I would like to convey to all modders or people capable of doing stuff out there.

I realy appreciate the inputs, I do. And when it comes in the form of specific instructions like above, it is even better. However. I would like to please ask, if you are someone who is capable of fixing somethng, please so not send me a report of it, or a guide for fixing. Please send the whole fix.

I will explain why: Since all content of DBW passes though me, and so far, 99% of content fixes and adjustments have been done by me, it has become a problem for me to set aside enough time to attend properly to all things in DBW. The situation is such, that in a week preceding a build release, I have to do some real life work also every day, and so, I spend all remaining time doing the fixes, attending to the bugs and other additions, the testings etc.

In a typical week of this, I will perhaps only get the opportunity to sleep about 3 times during the week. I am always so glad when I can start an upload of a pack, because I can sleep during the upload time.

To add a fix that is sent to me ready made and tested by someone else, takes me a few minutes. To add a fix someone tell me how to do, takes an hour. I have to go find the right files, check the edits, add them, run some test to see if it works, check for conflicts as far as I can, etc. When someone sends an old mod they want adapted to DBW, that can sometimes take 4 or 6 hours, or even a day or more to do properly.

Now, if it was a case of doing one or two such a week, thus, putting in one or two hours here and there, and perhaps one full evening of work on a weekend, that would not be a problem.

But in the course of any build, I am literally dealing with dozens, sometimes hundreds, of such things. Do you know the implications of a 30 or 40 hours (at best) a week, over and above your real life? that is easily 7 or 8 hours a day. and that is when the load is light. And then of course when you have done 7 or 10 days with only 10 or 12 hours sleep in total, you make some mistakes, and also as I found, when you get a minor flu, you have less defenses, and you get really ill from it.

And that is just the packing of it. When I read bug reports, I have to check every one of them out. Now usually, members think it is OK to just post a bug report before attempting to narrow it down themselves. For example, posting a bug report before testing for it in a clean install, a guy posts something, which is caused by a conflict with another mod he added himself. But he does not test for that, he just posts the bug.  That takes another hour from my day, to try to hunt that down.

Also when guys post vague bug reports, for example when they say "yak9"...when there are many yak9's in the game, or "slovakia map" when there are many Slovakia maps in the game... or any such example. That takes then many times as long to try to pin down the problem.

And all of this adds up, and becomes a very very serious problem for me to cope with.

So my request is this: If you are a guy who is capable of fixing something, whether it is a mod or a map or an ini file or whatever, please, rather fix it, and send me the fixed files. I will really appreciate it, and I will be very thank-full, and you will be helping with DBW a lot.

And if you make a request, and you are a modder or mapmaker or sound guy or something, that can package a mod properly for DBW, package it, and send me the package, you will be saving me hours or days of work that I would have to do if you just request it.

I will later perhaps cut this message out and stickie it, but for now I hope some see it, and help. I really need it.

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2011, 10:24:27 PM »

cloud problem - i think i found it

cirX, who is responsible for the environment mods selected?
do you have "FPS friendly clouds" by HeGa installed in DBW? becauise he write a note that explains and warns about what is happeneing in post 1:
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,6546.0.html

Gerson

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2011, 04:19:49 AM »

Hi Guys
After installing the new 1.4 Build with the new Il2fb.exe, Im now having problems to start the game
I double click in the shortcut but the game doesnt launch
It happened before with the very first Il2fb.exe made by Storebror but has been fixed in the the subsequent releases, but now its happening again
It is just me or someone else?
Thanks for your help
Gerson

Edit:
The problem seems to be related with the activation of the new AI Mod through JSMGE
When It is not activated through JSMGE the games launch ok, but when it is active, the game doesnt launch

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2011, 05:35:05 AM »

Hi Guys
After installing the new 1.4 Build with the new Il2fb.exe, Im now having problems to start the game
I double click in the shortcut but the game doesnt launch
It happened before with the very first Il2fb.exe made by Storebror but has been fixed in the the subsequent releases, but now its happening again
It is just me or someone else?
Thanks for your help
Gerson

Edit:
The problem seems to be related with the activation of the new AI Mod through JSMGE
When It is not activated through JSMGE the games launch ok, but when it is active, the game doesnt launch

how many extra planes and mods have you added to your DBW so far? you may be running into the java-wall.

Gerson

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2011, 06:30:54 AM »

Hi SAS~ CirX
Thanks for your fast reply
I found a solution
Ive imported a very good effects and sound mod from a russian guy, and there is a conflict between those mods and AI Mod
When I disable those russian mods , the game loads fine even with AI Mod enabled
Ill work more on it latter because the russian mods are fantastic and i would like to make it compatible with our DBW
Ill post the link to those russian Mods latter
All the best
Gerson
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 31   Go Up

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 28 queries.