Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: 900x440km RLV map (night / hi-alt map) ~London to Leipzig; beta v0.5  (Read 30080 times)

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
  • In memory of my beloved hero: Saburo SAKAI!
Re: 900x440km RLV map (night / hi-alt map) ~London to Leipzig; beta v0.5
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2011, 02:13:35 AM »

Have you tried to redownload it again?

I got a lot of corrupted files issue in the next past!

slipper

• Modder
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2011, 03:28:27 AM »

Thanks all for your help,

Yes i have downloaded a few times and tried it, with no luck. Its made me wonder if there is something basically wrong with my install, but i installed over a new 4.101 upgraded with UP3.0 and then DBW, so i cant see where i might have gone wrong.

In work at the moment but will post/pm a screen shot of the error log. Do not really want to do a full reinstall if i can help it, weird thing is that it happens with UP3.0 and DBW so it must be files common to both. Everything else seems to be working fine though and even added other maps.

Cheers all

slipper

• Modder
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2011, 11:54:01 AM »

For some reason i can not take a screenshot of the error screen. If i load a map i can take a screenshot, if i try to load this map i get a plain blue map screen with the error message, but print screen does not seem to work with it.

Thanks for all your help i think i am going to do a complete reinstall, its bugging me that there is something wrong i am not sure of and i do not want it reappearing again.

once again thanks for all your help, i will let you know how i get on.

regards

slipper

slipper

• Modder
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2011, 05:37:13 PM »

Right i have done a full reinstall and still the same problem, i have also noticed that i cannot load any of the channel maps 40-45 i get the same error, so i guess it must be something to do with these textures as this map uses them.

Can anybody else confirm that their channel maps load ok please in DBW.

regards

slipper

p.s were can i find the full download of Channel tga's?

sputnikshock

• Modder
  • exclusively IFR
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2011, 06:16:07 PM »

I just double-checked the load.ini and texture folder. All the CAN_Channel textures used in the map are in the texture folder that comes with the install. So unless there's something wrong with your texture folder paths, it is unlikely that your problem is related to the CAN_Channel textures.
Anyway, it would be most helpful if you could load the map in FMB, hit shift+tab and then make a screenshot by hitting the 'print' or 'printscreen' key on your keyboard. In GIMP/PS/PSB etc then create a new empty image and hit ctrl+v to paste your screenshot.
If you could PM it or post it here we could see the error log and then it shouldn't be too difficult to solve this riddle. 

slipper

• Modder
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2011, 03:14:45 AM »

Thanks sputnikshock, i'm having difficulty getting a screenshot at the moment, the 'printscreen' does not work for the error screen, it works if i load a map but not when i have the error screen up, will post as soon as i can.

regards

slipper

slipper

• Modder
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2011, 04:00:19 AM »

Success at last !

After everything i have done, reinstalled twice, spent ages trying to track down the paths for tga's, the answer in the end was simple.

I had been playing about with the IL-2 executable selector, and accidentally disabled the '4GB adress space' check box. I could kick myself, can not believe it was something so simple, hope it may be a lesson, or help someone else out in the same position.

Thank you all for perservering with me on this, and for your valuable help.

Thanks Sputnikshock for a really excellent map.

regards all

a very happy and  :-[

slipper

ANDYTOTHED

• Modder
  • angle computing gunsights
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2011, 02:52:16 PM »

Hmmm this doesn't work in conjunction with the He-219 by benitsumo

slipper

• Modder
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2011, 10:17:23 AM »

The inflight map shows the position of Radio beacons. Is there a mission file containing all the radio beacons and blind landing aids please? They do not appear to be on the map, and i have no mission file in the download?

cheers

slipper

sputnikshock

• Modder
  • exclusively IFR
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2011, 05:48:49 AM »

The inflight map shows the position of Radio beacons. Is there a mission file containing all the radio beacons and blind landing aids please? They do not appear to be on the map, and i have no mission file in the download?

cheers

slipper

I am sorry I somehow managed to omit the .mis file when I packed the map, and when I realized this I couldn't find the file anymore. Anyway, as Nachtjagd Mission Generator 3 is available now, it will generate all the runway lights, beacons, flak, searchlights etc for this map.
NJMG 3 thread: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,18884.0.html

slipper

• Modder
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2011, 07:26:53 AM »

Wow! thanks sputnikshock looks great will give it a go, thanks a lot mate.

By the way is there anyway i can obtain .mis containing all the runway lights, beacons, flak, searchlights etc for this map, from within NMG3 at all please?
Also wondering if there are any plans to extend the map at all? Would love to see the North East of England and East Anglia included for realistically placed Bomber bases, would also be nice to have 'The Big City', Berlin at the other end.

cheers mate

slipper

sputnikshock

• Modder
  • exclusively IFR
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2011, 09:09:01 AM »

Check the end of the first post. Three .mis files for mission builders available now. Only beacons, lending lights etc.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 24 queries.