Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: DBW Build 1.0 All Bug Reports Topic  (Read 29105 times)

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
DBW Build 1.0 All Bug Reports Topic
« on: June 14, 2011, 05:54:02 PM »

This is the topic for all bug reports on DBW Build 1.0

~Please keep the topic clear of non bug report related posts (they may be deleted)

~Please post all bug reports for Build 1.0 in this topic. If it is not in this topic, it may not be seen and attended to.

~Please ensure that it is a bug you are reporting. Installation, startup and selector problems are not bugs, they are user issues.

~Personal preferences are not bugs.

~Verify a bug in a clean DBW install before reporting it (an install of DBW with no mods added by you)

~Please do not report incompatibilities with other mods, in this topic, only bugs contained in DBW build 1.0 itself.

~Reports of any online-play associated bugs will be deleted without notice

~Make your bug report as clear and detailed as possible. Just saying something is wrong or something is broken, does not cut it.

Please adhere to the above, stray posts will be deleted without notice.

For reports and issues not covered or allowed by the parameters of this topic, open a thread in the board.

Cheers!

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
Re: DBW Build 1.0 All Bug Reports Topic
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 01:53:43 PM »

Build 1.0 Known issues:

~ Avia S-199 has no AHS

~ QMBPro issue when selecting some pacific maps, gives Datafile Corrupt issue. Can be cured sometimes by hitting "reset". Will refer to Benitomuso.

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 03:44:46 PM »

If you downloaded the first version, and are having a 5% crash:

the new downoad will be fixed, but for those poor sods who download the botched version, here is a way you can fix it yourself, if you dont want to wait for the new downoad and just copy that over.

You will need to have SAS Modact 3.06 somewhere for this.

Step 1: Open your \#DBW\STD\.rc file.

find the line

@sfs MOUNT sasup_decals_01.sfs

and change it to

@sfs MOUNT SAS_DBW/sasup_decals_01.sfs

then go to wherever you have SAS Modact 3.06, and go to the SAS_SFS folder. Inside, find the file sasup_decals_01.sfs

copy it to your Dark Blue World game's SAS_DBW folder.

Cheers!

Update: There is now a "Fixed" new download of the complete build 1.0 available. :)

Appologies, but this was not our fault. UP removed a file from the version they released to the public, that was still present in the last version the beta testers had.

Birdman

• SAS Honourable Member
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 04:00:36 PM »

I noticed that the F6F-3 early still has rocket launchers, so her classfile is the old one before UP3 RC2. Anyway, early F6F-3 files in UP3 RC2 are also buggy, but I have already fixed them.

Also Ki-44 gets bombs in droptank loadout since her classfile and COD changed in UP3 RC2 and DBW doesn't include both updates. I wonder how many other bugs there are because of old classfile or COD versions.

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 04:09:09 PM »

Probably a lot. But everyone who could help with that is away this week or have broken PC's, and I did not want to wait to release any more. Those little things can all be fixed in the next build.

TT

• Modder
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 05:31:31 PM »

Mouse 6DOF does not work.

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 06:29:03 PM »

Mouse 6DOF does not work.

Yes it does. Unless someone goes and tried to enable both 6dof for track IR and 6dof for mouse together.
Please read the top of this post carefully and next time submit a proper bug report, after making sure there is no user error. You post will be deleted in after you have seen this.

flyby1

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2011, 06:37:58 PM »

HI All ; I do not have a white plane (should show mine) in either the brown border mini map or the mini without a border ,  but I only flew in 2  different canpaigns  so is this a bug ?  Red and Blue show up ok !

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2011, 06:41:46 PM »

HI All ; I do not have a white plane (should show mine) in either the brown border mini map or the mini without a border ,  but I only flew in 2  different canpaigns  so is this a bug ?  Red and Blue show up ok !

This is a bug with the stock game difficulty settings as far as I know, when it's remebered settings becomes corrupted. To solve it, do to difficulty, and select "easy", then manualy select the switches you want (even if you select all of them), and close. Just selecting "Normal" or "realistic" has adverse effects. Slect "easy", and make all other settings manually.

DD_BadAim

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2011, 09:07:09 PM »

I'm really Sorry if this is a disallowed issue, and I'm not sure if it's a bug, or a feature or what it is, but I doubt that anyone understands it properly, as it seems to be undocumented, but it is an issue for persons like me who are "Multi-Modular", and it seems like the SAS-UP team are sensitive to such issues, so I'll bring it up here and let you decide how to handle it.

It seems that the Zoom feature and the left and right brake controls in the axis controls might be connected, as they are different in DBW and in UP. DBW seems to go along with the "stock" format, while UP eschews the zoom feature for the left and right brakes.

I'd love to see this rationalized if possible for us guys who go both ways, especially as the new system is so "bi curious" friendly.

It would be very interesting to find out what is happening here, even though I strongly suspect that I know it is a stock game issue.

Hawker17

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2011, 02:30:24 AM »

First of all, great offline package!  :D However, when i enable QMBPro, i get a lot of "data file corrupt" errors on several maps. Do i have to add something in the all.ini?

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2011, 05:15:34 AM »

First of all, great offline package!  :D However, when i enable QMBPro, i get a lot of "data file corrupt" errors on several maps. Do i have to add something in the all.ini?

Thank you. Please read the top of this thread for info on how to make a bug report, and most importantly, for known issues.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 25 queries.