Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Sound & Effects Updates  (Read 16123 times)

CharlieChap

• SAS Honourable Member
Sound & Effects Updates
« on: June 10, 2011, 04:22:52 AM »

These tend to undergo a constant process of revision and improvement. So rather than wait for a future 'patch'....

Here is a hotlink to the current most recent versions of these archives from a Hotbox account where we  keep them upto date:-

Simply backup and replace the existing archives of the same name in your existing installations:-

Sound:-

Includes the updates and multi presets that Cirx put into the  Mod enabler, corrects some gun sounds, jet engine volumes and a few other things (many thanks to terau for diligent testing and feedback):-

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26976891/fb_hfxsounds.sfs

Effects:-

Make sure you don't have Effects Low enabled first and then replace the archive, corrects a tracer graphics anomaly that some people with Nvidia graphics  cards experienced (again fix by terau).

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26976891/fb_hfxcontrol.sfs

These won't effect CRT in any way.

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
Re: Sound & Effects Updates
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 06:10:04 AM »

Thanx Charlie!

I moved the topic here, this is a restricted forum, where all the topics can be only downloads and updates and news from developers.

I am meaning to do an update for the "modfolder for HSFX" still, but DBW, FBDSM and modact and UP commitments have realy tied me up. And most importantly, I wanted the selector development to get shaken out, to see if I can find a way to utilize it, and have something more freestanding and non interfering to HSFX than the mods folder.=, that wont have to be disabled everytime a guy wants to play HSFX online.

It would be good, for the future at least, to contact Storebror and get HSFX out of files, and into the selector proper. I was thinking a pure HSFX selection, with it's own folder, and then perhaps an HSFX/SAS selection, that will use a totally different folder, and have it's own jsgme options for it.

Another possibility is to make the HSFX pure selection use ONLY the files folder, and not the mods folder.
And then the HSFX/SAS one using a seperate folder.

Many possibilities, but I think with the performance we now get with the selector, especially in cashed mode (guy with 40g of mods started in 8 seconds!), it is well worth the trouble.

TICI

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2011, 07:28:08 AM »

HI can you tell me where and how to install these two updates? I'm running HSFX 5.01.
Thanks.
TICI

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 07:58:59 AM »

Simply backup and replace the existing archives of the same name in your existing installations:-

TICI

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2011, 08:22:12 AM »

Are the archives in the Main IL2 folder ?
TICI

242Sqn_Cat

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2011, 08:44:49 AM »

Are the archives in the Main IL2 folder ?
TICI

Yes.
:cheers:

TICI

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2011, 09:23:32 AM »

If I drag both files in the main folder and I owerwrite the old ones it's ok?.
TICI

CharlieChap

• SAS Honourable Member
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2011, 05:13:15 PM »

yes, thats fine Tici   ;)

Thank you Cirx for all of your unrelenting effort ;-)

Will have to communicate properly in the near future.

LuseKofte

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2011, 02:45:07 AM »

I have resent played the new UP i admit (bad english I know, this is what you get when you take away spellcheck >:()
Anyway I have never thank you Sir for the wonderful HSFX 5.01 I am testing pablos new QMB mission pro in it and it is fantastic (both)
Thank you for this and your work

EDIT : My pc do not have the prgram for opening this it say`s what kind of program do I need?

CharlieChap

• SAS Honourable Member
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2011, 06:37:24 AM »

EDIT : My pc do not have the prgram for opening this it say`s what kind of program do I need?

You don't need any, the download is already in native il2 SFS format, simply replace what you have in your game directory and you should be good to go.

asheshouse

• SAS Team
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2011, 07:56:57 AM »

Thanks Charlie

Sharkzz

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2011, 10:44:09 PM »

coool stuff    :D     thanks for the updates fellas, much much gratitude to you all for your hard works !!, I'm am constantly jealous of your smartnessess and of your inteligentnesseses, I wish I could contribute ,
thanks again
~S~
Sharkzz
New Right Arm Amputee, One armed flyer and Longboard surfer, I now swim and paddle in circles .
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 24 queries.