Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: SAS Seriously KickAss Modact 3.06 for 4.101 (9 June 2011)  (Read 128666 times)

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
Re: SAS Seriously KickAss Modact 3.06 for 4.101 (9 June 2011)
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2011, 06:33:22 AM »

CirX, found another Thumbs.db in one of the downloads. These things, along with desktop.ini, get all over the place in windows. Trouble is you don't even see them unless you enable show hidden files and folders in explorer. Size is variable according to the graphics they're caching, but it adds up, especially if you multiply by the number of downloads over time, which all has to be paid for. You can also switch this function off completely, but the desktop.inis are always around.
Hopefully they're not in the SFS files, but UP201 had quite a few and would even download and replace the damn things if you deleted them.
Might save you some cash and resources if they were all cleaned out before packing the downloads.

Thanx for the heads up. I have been removing desktop ini's form my uploads for a while now, so if you find one of those, it realy is an exception.
But I have not looked for thumbs. Thanx for the tip, I will be looking for and deleting those also from now on.

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2011, 06:40:57 AM »

Mission_Bug: (your name is quite fitting now isnt it! :D )

I think that, if you have that screen below with mission Pro OFF (in other words there is no MissionProCombo folder in your #SAS folder), then there must be something else buggering up your stock mission system. (because if you have removed MisiionPro, then you should be having pure stock mission interface, as there is nothing in the rest of the modact that will interfere with it.)

What other mods have you got in your #SAS folder? Or have you any idea what you may have done to cause this?

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2011, 08:31:07 AM »

Not sure what is going on Cirx. ???

If I start a campaign everything appears as I would expect.

But if I load a test mission I get the screen as I showed you before.

In any previous install of P.A.L. the map would always show, but not here and I need to click the
fly button twice to get the mission to go.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. ;D

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2011, 08:41:34 AM »

is it this way with all single missions?

Also, the fact that some of your ranks and name and such appears in russian is worrying. It should be in english if the modact was installed properly, on an international IL2 version. It is possible you installed this modact over a previous modact, and used the #SAS folder for upgrades, thereby perhaps missing some translation files, or they are being over-ridden by other mods, which would also mean there might be other mods in there also.

Can you try the following: If you are a good mod user, then you will have a vanilla copy of stock 4.101 on your drive for testing stuff on. Use such a vanilla copy, completely unmodded, install the modact into it, and see if the same happens there.

Also, you may have a bit of corruption in the download. Who knows, but it is a possibility. A redownlaod and reinstall may sort it if that is the case. But do the above first.

You must always have some sort of vanilla install where you can test stuff, and determine if a bug you experience is in the mod itself, or is in something in your other install.

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2011, 09:24:10 AM »

Hell CirX, the install of 3.6 was done on a vanilla copy of 4.10.1, I screwed up the first time doing it over an existing 3.4, not paying enough attention to the readme. ::) Any mods from my backup were then added to the #SAS folder once I was sure 3.6 actually worked.

As for the Russian not sure, in every version I've had if I select a new pilot it appears in Russian
and then I just re name it to what I want.

I tried the same mission using my Vietnam map but this time I added it to the none folder, inside the
forgotten folder and everything was fine. ;)

I have a whole selection of test missions for various maps which are all loose in the missions folder,
it seems the problem only occurs if I load from there, if it is in a specific folder, say in single, no problem.
The strange thing is this never happened before, so has the Mission Pro been changed to just read
something in a specific folder?

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. ;D

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2011, 09:35:31 AM »

Glad you got it sorted.

Youd have to ask BenitoMuso for the particulars on the new MissionPro, but, hey, if it forces you into neatness, maybe that is a good thing! :D

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2011, 09:45:55 AM »

OH, also, afaik, the "default" pilot name is in fact in russian. Untill you change it for your own of course.

primo62

Re: Runway Lights White Bright
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2011, 09:50:11 AM »

I went from mod act 3.04b to 3.06 Everything is working until I noticed my bright white runway lights are now not so bright. I located the problem it is = sasup_effects01.sfs. I am using the new rc file but have eliminated the line, @sfs MOUNT SAS_SFS/sasup_effects01.sfs..........Now my lights are as before but I am wondering what I am missing by not using that file. In the game I am not seeing any difference at least
not anything that bites me. The runway lights have always been difficult to get them the way I want through out the different mod setups but I do like them....................

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2011, 11:08:00 AM »

Hi Primo.

Dont remove that line form .rc. Without it, your guns will start missing some assigned effects and smokes and other things, and your game will crash.

Rather just "mod" the stuff you want back in.

Below is a file to put in your mods (#sas) folder, it contains the stock files. It should work, I checked and it does change the lights on the runway back to the stock ones.

primo62

Re: Runway Lights
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2011, 11:46:09 AM »

Thanks alot SAS, that did do the trick. I kind of thought for sure that the file was needed so I wanted to run that by you. Thanks again........................

Flying H

• "And you can fly, high as a kite if you want to..
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2011, 02:11:01 PM »

I´ve hardly got time to sneeze............
And you can fly, high as a kite, if you want to.........

shardana

« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2011, 06:22:33 PM »

Thanks Cirx, my 4.09 heeeeeeaaaaaaavvvvyyyyy modded game now loads in just 35 seconds!!! before it took more than three minutes and a half!!!! astonishing!!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 17   Go Up

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 24 queries.