Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: SAS Seriously KickAss Modact 3.06 for 4.101 (9 June 2011)  (Read 128697 times)

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
SAS Seriously KickAss Modact 3.06 for 4.101 (9 June 2011)
« on: June 09, 2011, 02:33:32 PM »

Its BIG, its BAD, and it is BEAUTIFUL!  :D

Everything before this is now.....old...

the SAS~UP Production & Asylum Co. is proud to present:

the SAS Seriously KickAss Mod Activator v3.06

Download the GUIDE here (required! It is not included in the modact):

Modact 3.06 Guide v1.8

More detailed 3.06 Selector Readme

Complete Installation instructions in the Guide!

DOWNLOAD LINKS for MODACT 3.06:

For users who do not have a previous version of modact 3.0x :

https://www.mediafire.com/file/9cbtjdsdtjtmxie/SAS_Modact_306.7z
Mirror 1: Megaupload
Mirror 2: Gamefront
Mirror 3: ADrive
Mirror 4: Fileserve
Mirror 5: https://www.mediafire.com/file/bwugn26yl8uaqy5/SAS_Modact_306.7z

For users who have an older modact 3.0x and need to upgrade:

1) You have to download and install the full 3.06 download unfortunately. BUT BEFORE YOU DO: Read the upgrade instruction in the guide first!!!! It is very important, otherwise you WILL fuck up you game, and loose your mods. Read the "Upgrading from 3.x" section, for the very quick and easy steps, and also download the package following this for use in the upgrade.

#SAS_folder_for_previous_3x_installs.7z

If you follow the steps in the guide, you will not loose any mods or things you installed previously.

Important Notes About Buttons and Selector Updates:

Full Modact 3.06 Includes SAS buttons v8.7 offline. The #SAS folder upgrade for guys upgrading from previous 3.0x installs contains no buttons, since it is assumed they already have updated buttons.
Update buttons as needed from this thread: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,97.0.html

The SAS/UP exe Selector in this modact is version 3.06 v1.2 . Check for improved and more recent versions here: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,16403.0.html

Changelog:

Code: [Select]
3.06:
Replaced MissionPro jsgme option with updated and imporved Mission Pro from Benitomuso. Removed seperate MissionPro Missions from jsgme, as they are now read from their own folder, which will safely be permanently installed in the Missions Folder.

Replaced IL2 selector with new and improved version from Storebror. Features increased compatibility, increased loading speed amongst other small fixes and improvements, including a "Cashe" option for installs that are big but do not change much, which drastically imporves startup time. See modact guide for details.

Added Vtrelut's additional translation files to DGen

Updated included buttons to 8.7 offline version

Updated base sound archive with more inclusive version.

Relocated SFS archives to a new dedicated folder, adjusted related jsgme options for this, as well as added placeholders for future SFS options, and also the FBDSM, seperated from other installations in the same game installation, for compatibility and stability reasons, as well as ease of future FBDSM installation and Sound SFS customisation options.

Replaced two paintscheme classes with stock for future compatibility issues.
Updated GLOrender class to reflect version on Startup.

Fix to paintschemes: Removed the SAAF taiflash from Blenheims.

Added UP3 Guns Classes and related effect files for better custom sound utilization and better researched performances.

Removed, and stopped support for the return to default sounds option, since it has become unviable to maintain, for the return of frequency of use and demand.

3.04b:
Improved il2fb.exe selector, only change in appearance is that trackIR users not have to select that option if in use.

3.02:
Improved il2fb.exe selector, following user tests and further development. Credits ammended (Spookie, Storebror), Guide rewritten, Fileslist for Soundarchives and JSGME userguide included.

3.01:
Introduced new il2fb.exe selector instead of differently named exe files, with instructions for cleaning up now obsolete exe files. Fixed an issue with RCAF markings display.

Cheers HaDeS!
Cheers Storebror!

:)

SAS~CirX

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
Re: SAS Seriously KickAss Modact 3.06 for 4.101 (9 June 2011)
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 02:35:05 PM »

Hotfox for MissionPro Combo: 19 June 2011

This hotfix is for both DBW and SAS Modact 3.06 users.

There are some issues with the new Beta Mission Pro that was included in these packs. Untill we sort them out, please use this. It is the version of MissionPro that was included in Modact 2.7 to 3.0. It is changed only in the fact that it reads it's QMB missions from the Missions\QuickQMBPro folder.

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,16647.msg178829.html#msg178829

U

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 03:32:19 PM »

Removed, and stopped support for the return to default sounds option, since it has become unviable to maintain, for the return of frequency of use and demand.

Very unfortunate. It was cool to build/mod over stock sounds, as I really don't like ModAct's default soundpack.

Actually I was expecting DBW so I could restore stockish sounds to UP3. I guess this is now a distant dream.

Are you guys going to support both modding over MODACT(stock) and DWB(UP3)?. I thought that I read somewhere that the future of SAS is mods only over DBW(UP3). But as I see new versions of Pure ModAct this is not the case?

Thanks, and as always excellent work.

Update: Another problem, the new UP3 weapon upgrade changes the effects of some weapons (more smoketrails and tracers). Any way to revert back to stock weapon effects?

cgagan

• SAS Team
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 03:37:01 PM »

Good evening, everyone (in this part of the globe, it is 00.33am). I supplied myself with generous portions of whisky (it helps me concentrate, that's no joke!), d/loaded the relevant folders, followed the instructions, and I now have the SAS mod activator 3.6! I tested several missions and mods and everything seems to be fine so far. I have to note, the game loads impressively fast, compared to my previous setup. To all of you, Cirx, Storebror, and the other valliant members of the SAS clan, a bif THANK YOU!!!! 8) 8) 8) 8)

Blaubaer

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 03:43:55 PM »

Your words could be mine...

Regards,
der Blaubär

CWMV

• Kalashnikov connoisseur
  • Modder
  • A free people ought to be armed and disciplined.
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 04:39:55 PM »

Up and running.
Wow-with a fair amount of mods loaded in less than 5 seconds...Im impressed!
great work as always guys!

CWMV

• Kalashnikov connoisseur
  • Modder
  • A free people ought to be armed and disciplined.
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2011, 05:31:04 PM »

Very unfortunate. It was cool to build/mod over stock sounds, as I really don't like ModAct's default soundpack.

Actually I was expecting DBW so I could restore stockish sounds to UP3. I guess this is now a distant dream.

Are you guys going to support both modding over MODACT(stock) and DWB(UP3)?. I thought that I read somewhere that the future of SAS is mods only over DBW(UP3). But as I see new versions of Pure ModAct this is not the case?

Thanks, and as always excellent work.

Update: Another problem, the new UP3 weapon upgrade changes the effects of some weapons (more smoketrails and tracers). Any way to revert back to stock weapon effects?

Well, if you would like a game with the garbage stock sounds and effects of IL2 you could always go to fail over dover  ::)

Chupacabras84

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 06:03:07 PM »

I really don't like ModAct's default soundpack.

What about deleting corresponding lines from .rc?

Edit: Dont do that, apparently this will screw your game.

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2011, 07:12:21 PM »

What about deleting corresponding lines from .rc?

that will remove all sound from most planes and guns, unless you also remove the buttons file, and the guns files, which will prohibit you from adding any new planes. Editing the RC file will also exclude you from using future soundmod options we have in the pipelinel without difficulty.

Chupacabras84

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2011, 04:55:17 AM »

SAS really did great job on this one, i dont think there ever was mod activator that could launch heavy modded game as fast as a stock one (Not counting modpacks in SFS because most mods are still in oldschool uncompressed files.
Not to mention really convenient selector and basic mods that comes with it.
I wish someone would do that years ago.

That thing is really KickAss and rullez  8)

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2011, 05:57:53 AM »

SAS really did great job on this one, i dont think there ever was mod activator that could launch heavy modded game as fast as a stock one

The guys who deserve our gratitude and thanx for that trick, would be Benitomuso, who came up with the original suggestion behind the faster loading, and most of all, Storebror, who is the guy who made the selector, and kept working at it till it was in the form it is in now (most excellent!), and who then got the loading speed thing worked out and implemented and going like a boeing.

Nicholaiovitch

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2011, 06:25:55 AM »

Many thanks guys,

All installed OK and all exe open .......except for UP3 selected with #UP3 Ercan wide selected in JSGME.

I get the following error:-

Interestingly, with SAS selected and #SAS Ercan wide selected in JSGME it loads normally.......any ideas?

With 3..02 I had all the Ercan wide selections loading without problems.

(Windows XP SP3....Resolution 1920 x 1200)

Nicholaiovitch
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 17   Go Up

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 25 queries.