Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Check your classes  (Read 19722 times)

Frankiek

• SAS Team
Check your classes
« on: October 25, 2009, 06:16:22 AM »

How many times after installing a new MOD you got a 20% crash or the MOD is not working in the desired way? ??? How many hours you have wasted in looking for duplicates with names that are like this one: 2F4500GHX79654HH?? :P

Now this little utility will help you in sorting out problems (and eventually to anticipate them)

Just drop the classcheck.exe file in your Il-2 main folder, double click-it and in a few seconds (depending on how heavily modded you are)  you will find a new file called doublons.txt that will give you the possible conflicing or just duplicate class file in your File and MODS folder together with class file location.

Edit by Gerax, thanks to Goanna spotting this: if this tool don't works in your Win-XPs game root, you probably will need this piece of MS code you can dl here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?familyid=9B2DA534-3E03-4391-8A4D-074B9F2BC1BF&displaylang=en

explanation by C6_bandini:
http://www.allaircraftsimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=166693&highlight=class+checker#166693

I hope that this will prove useful  for all of you as it has been for me

I downloaded this file long time ago and lost track of the original post so I can't credit the author.

In case you recognize your work please let us know and thanks a lot for this

Download link below this line
https://www.mediafire.com/download/dtx17g6pe74r6c3/classcheck.zip

Flanker35M

Re: Check your classes
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 06:20:42 AM »

S!

Thanks a ton, will give this utility a try now.. ;D It found some conflicting class files which I removed promptly.

Flanker35M

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 11:19:29 AM »

S!

I had about 6 of them only :) Neat utility!

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2009, 11:35:57 AM »

This is a very nifty little tool, thanks Frank-o!!  ;D
Will try it later, maybe I can beat Gerax's total of conflicts... ;D :D

Eh, ok...haven't counted the conflicts, there are many, though... :D
my doublon file size is 64.6kb.... ;D
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

Frankiek

• SAS Team
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2009, 11:40:36 AM »

Ger how did you managed that ?? maybe you find a lost download  :D :D

chanklaus

• Modder
    • Sturmovizer
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 07:05:40 AM »

I wrote something like that recently and found a possible conflict between the He-219 and the Bf-110 family.

Is it actually possible that two mods use exactly the same class file?
And if the class files have the same name, but are diffferent - does that always mean a conflict?

Frankiek

• SAS Team
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2009, 07:38:11 AM »

air trap look carefully in the first post: search and rescue? ;D Treasure hunting?  :D

classes with same name but different content don't necessarily mean a conflict in terms of CTD or freeze of the computer. It is just that the first of the two file will be loaded and used the second one is like not being there. So you may not see a proper cockpit or have the correct loadout and so forth

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2009, 07:53:33 AM »

Sorry, that must be a user permissions issue...I will go look for the problme. My appologies, my fault.

chanklaus

• Modder
    • Sturmovizer
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2009, 08:20:27 AM »

A tool like that is definitively helpful, though I see a problem: this might result in dozens of posts in mod threads of the kind: "HELP! I found a conflict". The first step is to find those pairs of mods with class files having the same name. The next question is: what to do with this info? Sure - I could kick out one of the mods, but that will be an overkill, I suppose.

Should such cases be reported, and if so - where?

Frankiek

• SAS Team
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2009, 08:51:28 AM »

Ok the tool already give you an useful tip dividing classes that are mere duplicates (so redundant files, no rela issue here)
from classes with the same name and different content. In general there is no big issue but just to decide what mod is a priority and therefore to be placed first. I would say no need to report most of the problem as the combination of mods in our PC is a number that approximate the infinite (as the possible conflicts). So I would suggest that you just report serious conflict that are leading to CTD or similar. Kicking out mods is not an overkill, just a prioritization process in case you have a conflict. If you are really smart you can identify out possible solutions.
At the end a too is a tool and very much depends on the user     

I/JG1_Adler

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2010, 11:54:38 AM »

Can i with this tool open the class file and read it, or it is only a checker ?

Badmuthafunker

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2010, 12:35:29 PM »

I ran the tool as directed, and it appeared in the top left corner of my screen for about 30 seconds. Then it disappeared. That's it, no "doublons.txt"  file. Does this mean there are no conflicts in my install, or that the checker isn't working?
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 27 queries.