Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Corrupt Data File...?  (Read 6027 times)

Knochenlutscher

• Flying Ass Clown #10
  • Modder
  • aka Segfej
Re: Corrupt Data File...?
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2011, 05:34:21 PM »

If you copy pasted the MDS section from another, I can't recommend, for me converting was just successful by re-saving in FMB, that was my experience.
OK, Player was not selected in FMB checkbox to g0100, another thing, which is only formal, but for me very serious. If I'm Player, usually in 100% of the time and I'm Flightleader, most of the Time in QMB, I wanna start on the runway in the pole position quasi.
It is more difficult to make it like this, as the person who did it, manually switched the squadron. Maybe because he likes it if others start first. I'm arrogant, AI can wait. Better select side and create the Flights one after one, like in the Stock Missions always starting with Player and Correct side. Blue 0100 or Red 0100. FMB generates them to work out of the box.
After selecting Player I checked and loaded mission successfully.
These Errors are human, one forgets about the simplest task when in workflow.
Wiseman : "Did you speak the exact words?" Ash : "Look, maybe I didn't say every single little tiny syllable, no. But basically I said them, yeah."

Hubberranz

• Modder
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2011, 06:45:05 PM »

I know, one month later there are now two packs of debug QBM missions out.

Meanwhile I found the following while experimenting: corrupt messages can be caused by the wrong amount of flights programmed...:

The number of programmed flights accepted by QBM missions now seems to be:

4 x 4

8 x 8

or more then 8 x 8.

However any number between 4 x 4 and 8 x8 will cause corrupt file.

Exemples that don't work: 5 x 4 ; 4 x 5 ; 5 x 5 ... ; 8 x 4 or 4 x 8.

Some that works: 9 x 8 ; 8 x 9 ; 9 x9 ; and I haven't tried other then that.

So any QBM mission with those pesky fifth flights must be reworked, either by having that flight removed, or 4 x 4 more
flights added and pushing the position of the fith flight from 9th position to 17th position: becoming either of the #..0120+ flights.
Just renumbering the flight wont do. It must become the real programmed 17th flight ( for it's new prog. position ) at least.

So have r0100 + r0101 + r0102 + r0103 x g0100 + g0101 + g0102 + g0103 then you can stop there...
...plus nothing short of adding +r0110 + r0111 + r0112 + r0113 x g0110 + g0111 + g0112 +g0113, absolutely ALL OF THEM...
...then any relics r0110+ or g0110+ troublesome flights can now become r0120+ / g0120+.

LuseKofte

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2011, 08:03:10 AM »

YOU ARE WRONG corrupt data is wrong flight number or wrong nationality, a fifth flight will apear as a fifth flight flying the mission given to them. They can not be chosen or removed but they do not cause corrupt datafile. Mission building tools make that error too for no obvious reason you have to delete them or reinstall them i got some working on up 3.0 that do not work in HSFX 5.0 whitch i made them. They did work while I checked them but not after a while

Knochenlutscher

• Flying Ass Clown #10
  • Modder
  • aka Segfej
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2011, 03:10:53 PM »

Code: [Select]
Exemples that don't work: 5 x 4 ; 4 x 5 ; 5 x 5 ... ; 8 x 4 or 4 x 8.
Some that works: 9 x 8 ; 8 x 9 ; 9 x9 ; and I haven't tried other then that.
If I get them under my nails, they get 8x8 and everything default. Than they work.
Wiseman : "Did you speak the exact words?" Ash : "Look, maybe I didn't say every single little tiny syllable, no. But basically I said them, yeah."
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 27 queries.