Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: USN Fleet Carriers - update  (Read 51043 times)

VF_Jetdoc

Re: USN Fleet Carriers - update
« Reply #96 on: June 20, 2016, 10:16:50 PM »

~S~! have a question is there a mod to get the cats working for this pack have  tried the mods out there and neither
one seems to work at all  I am running this mod in VP mod

-)-MAILMAN-

« Reply #97 on: June 21, 2016, 05:13:57 PM »

Only one I know of is the Carrier Takeoff Mod.  It will pack the deck and you can choose to have the AI planes spawn wings folded and snap to the catapult where the wings unfold or spawn wings folded and snap ahead of the front row and unfold the wings and perform a deck takeoff run.  As the player you can perform a deck takeoff run or you can taxi up to either catapult on the Essex class or to the single catapults on CVL, CVE and RN carriers.
@={==MAILMAN==> "All for one and one for all."

VF_Jetdoc

« Reply #98 on: June 21, 2016, 09:50:28 PM »

is there a link do you know and thanks for pointing me in the right direction

-)-MAILMAN-

« Reply #99 on: June 21, 2016, 09:57:22 PM »

Right here on this sight.  Scroll down to carrier takeoff mod for modact 5.

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,119.0.html

NIGHTFIGHTER

« Reply #100 on: November 17, 2016, 07:33:58 AM »

Plowshare, just a quick question.  Im running HSFX with a MOD everything by hand system.  What I wanted to know is When you alter the ini files or the Ru files, do you have to remove the original ships?....I notice for instance in the Ships ini file Lexi and the other ships are already present...With just entering you edit's to these files, I found I get CTD at 70% go back to the original files and the game runs fine....Gary

asheshouse

• SAS Team
« Reply #101 on: November 17, 2016, 07:46:04 AM »

HSFX has a unique class files system for all the ships included so they will clash with any ships of the same name in the Plowshare pack.
You must omit the class file entries in the ini text files either for the HSFX version or for the Plowshare version to avoid duplicates referring to the same model folder.

-)-MAILMAN-

« Reply #102 on: November 17, 2016, 08:17:35 PM »

I installed the Yorktown Class CV's and the Fleet CV's the USN Cruisers etc. to HSFX 7.03m and I did not remove the original ships.  The key is to follow the instructions to the letter.  I added one ship at a time and tested each line entry for said ship by launching the game and if it got to the UI page it meant I could move on to the next entry.

I also added these same ships to 4.13.2m/Free IL2 Mod Act.  The only ships I haven't been able to add successfully is the CVL's  I get a crash when I add the last chief.ini and I think it has something to do with shippack being included in the text entry because I don't have the ship pack installed as a mod in 4.13.2m.  It would be nice if the Carrier Take Off mod could work in this version as well.

Is there a way to add the CVL's without the ship pack mod because I didn't care for the ship pack default camouflage skins on ships like the Saratoga.  I have the ship pack camouflage included in the fleet cv's.

asheshouse

• SAS Team
« Reply #103 on: November 18, 2016, 01:55:11 AM »

You can add ShipPack but only activate with ini text entries the ships you want. The model folders for the unused ships can be deleted.

All ships which work in 4.12 will work in 4.13

CTO Mod does not work in 4.13 and no plans to convert it. Its much less bother to port stuff from 4.13 back to 4.12

NIGHTFIGHTER

« Reply #104 on: November 18, 2016, 08:47:31 AM »

you are dead right MailMan, it was completely my fault (as usual) the fact somehow i managed to miss that I was supposed to enter the new carriers under the default carrier didn't help!!! I think what it is, is that when you have installed MODs by hand, altering files ever since Il-2 hit the shops..sometimes you can get more than a little too casual about installing things..Anyway things are now running great together with the V5 carrier crew mod, this package is incredible...Many thanks to the guys who offered the help, as always it was much appreciated...Gary 

Tokyo_Express_420

« Reply #105 on: June 18, 2023, 05:24:01 AM »

Hi,

Is there any chance of getting the USS Randolph CV15 and USS Bennington CV20 added to this pack?

This would just require an additional slot, skin and name change - easy

I would love to have them for an upcoming Japan '45 campaign flying against the mainland.

Thanks,

- Tokyo Express

Ace-Medic

« Reply #106 on: December 22, 2023, 04:21:46 PM »

Might be a long shot and hopefully not too OT, but has anyone been able to find a way to get these to work in DGEN or DCG?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Up

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 25 queries.