Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: IL-2 CoD getting better and better.....  (Read 13041 times)

just

Re: IL-2 CoD getting better and better.....
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2011, 06:52:44 AM »

I'm surprised it runs so well on my budget rig hearing so much grief from so many others.. after second patch it runs 50 to 100 fps with nice graphics options. 6
I'll still play both because with with IL2 46 I can play huge battles (70 planes) at 60fps from 1930s to 1960s all over the world.
But COD is much better to play small battle (10 planes) in only one time and place... Battle of Britain. They both offer different advantages.

It sounds like a lot of people who were criticizing it couldn't actually play it because of the performance issues. But the people who have been playing it can see the it's a diamond it the rough.

StG77_HaDeS

• Character is destiny
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Act quickly,think slowly
    • IL2 FREE Mods for the IL2 On-Line Community
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2011, 08:06:38 AM »

As for realism, well, CoD will easily beat Il-2 1946 (if it hasn't already, then it will do in the near future)

Perhaps in 6+ years, but i think it will never beat it in this area. Why? Because what can happen in terms of realism in CloD's code, it will happen too in Il2 ;)

And lets see 2-3 features that IL2 already has:
Dynamic Weather,
MDS,
AI triggers,
Radar,
AI visibility through clouds and towards Sun,

Countless more addons.

So, don't dream that CloD will even equals IL2 in these terms in less than 6 years, if at all ;)
Let alone the 600+ planes, Jets, carriers, jeeps, even choppers :D

Uufflakke

• Modder
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2011, 08:10:21 AM »

Let alone the 600+ planes, Jets, carriers, jeeps, even choppers :D

And Jetman.
"The Best Things In Live Aren't Things"

philip.ed

• The Real Dim Shady
  • Guess who's back?
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2011, 09:11:27 AM »

Aye, I can't see CoD reaching that stage with regards to planes....

however....if the team go the right way with regards to modding....any takers? (given that by this stage, all bugs should have been ironed out, and dynamic weather added...)
a man can dream!

Phas3e

• Skinner
  • Skinner
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2011, 12:54:57 PM »

who would have thought what we currently have in IL2 was possible just 3 weeks after its release back in 01.
It took nearly 10 years to get there so it might pay to not write CoD's epitaph less than 1 month along
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups - George Carlin

w

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2011, 01:45:44 PM »

UP201 4.09 @ 1280X960/32 on my Windows 7 rig - 6 gig ram w/ 1 gig card runs perfect with all water, terrain and sky set to max res.
I can have 25+ fighters intercept 50+ heavy's with flak everywhere over Cannons High Res Channel map and I have no stutter or flicker -

I get the feeling that I will actually need 8 Gigs of Ram along with a 1 Gig video card to run COD in "perfect mode" correct ???

I mean there's no point in buying COD unless the graphic improvement is shockingly better than my UP 201 game right ?

LuseKofte

« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2011, 02:13:30 PM »

I stick with what this comunety do. But if we could have this forum`s modders to improve effects , sound, and add some planes, jeez clod would be fantastic. The bugs in game should be easy fixses for the developers.
I really hope we open up for this opertunety, if not i am afraid clod will go down the drain. It is really a better combatsim with much more realistic point of wiew from the pit. More movement , harder to follow the planes and a complex enginemanagement. It got quite a lot of features I belive IL2 never will get. With our map makers and modders we soon would have all ETO, PTO and MTO maps running with additional planes  :)

HundertzehnGustav

• Banned on Sep 11/2012
  • Arrogant Narcisistic Pussy
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2011, 02:26:58 PM »

dont think so... let them do their thing, anbd once they are done, in 10 years the community will take over again. for now its too early.

Verhängnis

• Unofficial Heinkel Fan
  • Modder
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2011, 11:09:14 PM »

For Hades, you don't seem very optimistic about CoD at all! You seem to know it all when it comes to IL-2 Coding and how the game engine is built and the oh so many features that are just waiting to be implemented, so I am going to hold you to that, IL-2 shall be equal or better to Cliffs of Dover in 6 years.

It is the same as IL-2, only it has newer graphics and more advanced features, and I am sure when IL-2 was first released it didn't have a quarter of the features it has now.
In 6 years, I doubt IL-2 1946 will still be worth playing, as I am sure by then CoD will have so many add ons and upgrades that 1946 will look like some old arcade game from the late 90's.

And I too doubt that CoD will ever see the likes of 600+ Aircraft, but because modding is already possible for CoD, why in 6 years time would you be wasting your efforts on a game that is surpassed by it's sequel in terms of Graphics, possiblities and features when you could be modding that instead?

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
  • In memory of my beloved hero: Saburo SAKAI!
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2011, 03:29:45 AM »

Just a personal consideration about my personal taste:

I'm monogamous , I 'married' IL2 at release and I'll remain only with him!

I second what Hades said!

IL2 atm have such huge number of mods that the only advantage I see in CoD is the updated graphic and a couple of plane (that we'll have in IL2 in a next future anyway)!

Realize new mod for CoD 'll be a long way and , due the great resource needed , more hard and taking long time....I hope to be in error but CoD 'll last a long trip to became as IL2!!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 26 queries.