Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Minimap v2.4 - multimode GUIPad, v4.101m version  (Read 22999 times)

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
Minimap v2.4 - multimode GUIPad, v4.101m version
« on: April 07, 2011, 12:50:56 PM »

-Final Version 2.4 adapted to work properly in v4.101m, read and download at the end-

I have made some advances in my semi-released GameMapRadar MOD that many of you already know.

The main addition here is a frontal radar view, as the ones corresponding for all the Nachtjagers with antennas at the nose.

The mode change is with the right button and a contextual menu.

The zoom is controlled with the mouse scrollwheel. Sorry to the people who don't have it but it's a "de facto" standard nowadays (I know that obviously are special cases).

The images are self-explanatory:

Normal map mode:

Relative mode:

Navigation map mode:

Radial radar mode:

Frontal radar (Nachtjager) mode:

Update in V2.3: Fully implemented On-flight Information + Briefing:

Installation: trivial, just extract the folder in the .rar to your MODS folder.

Enjoy and give me some feedback.

New Version 2.4 for v4.101m available:

Download MiniMap V2.4 with selecteable modes, from here

New in V2.4

-Adapted over the original v4.101m classes.
-Corrected minor bugs in the implementation.

New in V2.3

-Fully implemented brief, flight data and notepad background.
-Rotating beam in radial radar mode.

New in V2.2

-Mispell corrected in text.
-Added scale and grid text as corresponds.

New in V2.1:

-Refresh rate for radars set to twice a second, it makes a much more reasonable "slow response", giving more the feeling that you are not watching at something artificially calculated.
-Now the NoIcons difficulty setting affects the radar too. If a campaign has it set, you won't be able to see anything in the radar neither.
-Now Ships appear in Radar screen. Land units no, and it is because in primitive radars is absolutely impossible to distingish ground surface objects in land.
-Minor calculations change. Bug when pilot dead hanged the exit from the minimap has been corrected.

Regards,

Pablo

Known incompatibilities are with:

-Zuti MDS MOD. Zuti has released an adapted version of this MOD with his MDS 1.2. Update your MDS MOD to have this included.
-Ecran Wide, it works but generates some distortions.
-Frog's Formation MOD : we are working on making a standar version with Frog.

Spinnetti

Re: Minimap v2.4 - multimode GUIPad, v4.101m version
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 05:09:51 PM »

Thank you.. one of my favorites!

redfox

• Modder
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 05:47:40 AM »

Thank You....

Minor suggestion - some mission briefings can be quite long; it would be nice if I could scroll through the whole mission brief

slipper

• Modder
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 11:46:09 AM »

Thanks Benitomuso,

I will ask again, is there please any chance of having the players white plane icon removed from the navigation and normal map modes, so that only the waypoints and connecting lines remain, for realistic navigation?

thanks again

regards

slipper

wingflyr

• Modder
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2011, 02:13:50 PM »

That is so cool!! Thanks Benitomuso.

slipper

• Modder
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2011, 09:56:14 AM »

Benito

just a bump for my request above. I asked a long time ago in your 4.09 version if there was any possibility of removing the players white plane icon from the navigation and normal map modes. You replied to say it was possible.

Re: Minimap v2.3 - Updated Oct 12th, multimode GUIPad
« Reply #96 on: 14 October 2010, 02:25:18 »Quote
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Slipper,
             once you told me about making dissapear the white plane. It can be done, it isn't so difficult, but a new checkeable item should be added to the menu for it. I can try to implement that.

Just wondering if you could please find the time to have a look at this Benito. I like to use the navigation maps to find my position but as it is at the moment the players icon always gives you the correct position of the plane, it would be great if it could be removed as an option so that the player had to navigate properly.

many regards for a great mod, i could not be without it now  :)

regards

slipper

Freya

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 10:04:48 AM »

slipper. have you checked the difficulty settings tab "no player icon"?  that works for me.. as I also prefer more realistic means of navigating....

Silverback

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2011, 04:29:22 PM »

Thanks Benitomuso works as advertized in the SAS 3.0 modact.

slipper

• Modder
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2011, 04:50:10 PM »

Freya

Many thanks for the reply, yes i have tried that thanks.

What i want to try and achieve is to have the navigation waypoints showing on the in game map, but with  player icon not showing, so that all you can see is the waypoints.

at the moment i have set all difficulty settings to realistic, i then turned off "show mini map path" option, with this selection i get no player icon but also no waypoint info.

if i turn on "show minimap path" then i always get the player icon showing, no matter if "no player icon" is selected or not.

can you confirm you get the same? if you have found a way to show the in game mini map path but without the player icon showing i would love to hear what your settings are please.

thanks again for your reply,

regards

slipper

Freya

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2011, 06:10:23 PM »

Sorry Slipper,  after reading my last post I was worried that you might think I took you for an idiot,  which I certainly DO NOT.  Sometimes my eyes read faster than my brain, so I guess I misunderstood your intentions about this.  I'll give things a try when I get some time but now I just can't remember if I see waypoints but no white player icon....(thinking,thinking,thinking...nope can't remember).  Just a thought for now though,  are there any FOW setting in the FMB that could help you achieve this, or have you been through that?  Anyways, let me know if you find something, and I'll do the same, because if it's not possible yet,  than I certainly agree with you that it should be!

Cheers,
    Freya

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2011, 10:36:55 PM »

Freya

Many thanks for the reply, yes i have tried that thanks.

What i want to try and achieve is to have the navigation waypoints showing on the in game map, but with  player icon not showing, so that all you can see is the waypoints.

at the moment i have set all difficulty settings to realistic, i then turned off "show mini map path" option, with this selection i get no player icon but also no waypoint info.

if i turn on "show minimap path" then i always get the player icon showing, no matter if "no player icon" is selected or not.

can you confirm you get the same? if you have found a way to show the in game mini map path but without the player icon showing i would love to hear what your settings are please.

thanks again for your reply,

regards

slipper

OK Slipper.

Re-download now the MOD. After your comments I realized a couple of wrong verifications in the structure of the MOD, for the relative and the navigation map, and now I think it's correct.

You will be able to disable your own aircraft even in navigation, but the airports (the only idea in navigation) will still remain with the No Icons settings.

Check everything please and tell me if it works properly.

Regards,
                       Pablo

slipper

• Modder
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2011, 05:24:27 AM »

Freya,

No need to apologise mate, we are all here to help each other along  :) and besides you may have tried some settings that i have not, and got the desired effect.
Without actually sitting in front of the game at the time it is difficult for us all to remeber just what we have enabled and what we actually see, following your post yesterday i tried again with different settings but could not get what i was after.

Benito, many thanks for the update mate. I will not get chance to try untill tonight so i will let you know then how i get on.

I was going to say that after my experiments yesterday, that the "no player icon" toggle switch in the difficulty menu did not seem to work for me in 4.101, and i could not find any documentation on some of the new toggle switches in the readme so did not really know which to enable/disable.

Following your post do you believe this may have had something to do with the way your mod interacts with the new features of 4.101?

Anyway, fingers crossed everything will be fine now.

Thanks again both for your help and for an excellent mod.

regards

slipper  :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 21 queries.