Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Map Board is Active - Welcome to Crete  (Read 20208 times)

peterpro

• This isn't Sparta i'm lost!!!!!!!
Re: Map Board is Active - Welcome to Crete
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2010, 07:15:31 AM »

i am from greece.Il ive in a town called perama its close to pireus.btw can someone make a map of operations of greece and to be playable?

jt189

• Retired Warrior
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2010, 02:07:44 PM »

Was lucky enough to talk to a surviving German paratrooper that was in on Crete one of the first ones that jumped and been to Crete you did a wonderful job on it. Thank You   

SAS~GJE52

• Editor
  • Orchard Studios
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2010, 10:09:46 AM »

Otherwise, it was the Luftwaffe, all the time, pounding the RN. In the end the RN lost three cruisers and six destroyers.
This is an area that has a place in my family's history. My Uncle (now sadly passed away) was a Royal Marine, they were manning X turret in HMS Gloucester. The Turret took a direct hit, but he was one of the few survivors. She was lost during the action you were referring to. He, and a few other lucky ones were resued by a German Mine Sweeper and he spent the remainder of the war as a POW.

When they were landed in Crete a German Officer gave orders for them to be shot , as he had lost friends who had drowned when British submarines had torpedoed a German troop ship. A German NCO stepped in and countermanded the order.
They were locked in a barn but not given any food. A couple of local boys risked their lives to smuggle food to to them. A few years ago the survivors of this episode returned to be re-united with the boys - who were now also old men. It was filmed and shown on UK Television.

Thank you so much for this excellent and detailed map. I have spent hours just flying around it.

;)

G
Do not criticise a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes...  Then you can call him what you like, as you have his shoes ... and he is a mile away......

BravoFxTrt

• "BIGFOOT"
  • Modder
  • Flying Ass Clown #13
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2010, 12:58:00 PM »

Very Pretty Map thank you Viking and thanks for sharing your story GJE.
MSI R9 280X 6GB x2/Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit

cgagan

• SAS Team
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2010, 01:25:02 PM »

i am from greece.Il ive in a town called perama its close to pireus.btw can someone make a map of operations of greece and to be playable?
Redfox's "ItalyAfricaGreece" offers a full map of Greece including the Aegean archipelago. Ideal for mission building. You can get it at AAA; it is currently being refurbished by the maker and the photos so far look promissing...

Gerson

« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2010, 05:25:09 PM »

I would like to have Redfox map
Where can I find it
Thanks
Gerson

Uufflakke

• Modder
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2010, 11:57:02 PM »

@Gerson:
There is an ItalyAfricaGreece map included in HSFX 4.1 but that ain't Redfox' version. He showed some of his retextured and repopulated version of this map at AAA. But since AAA went down all the info and screenshots got lost.  His WIP looked very promising though.
Hopefully he is still working on it and will release it sometime.
"The Best Things In Live Aren't Things"

Gerson

« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2010, 08:00:11 AM »

Thanks for your reply
I found the map in UP 2.1,and I'm using it in "checkertail" campaign.
Ill wait to see if redfox is going to upload his new version of the map
Best regards
Gerson

cgagan

• SAS Team
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2010, 08:52:07 AM »

Hello again,
I tried to save a mission on the Crete map and, unexpectedly, I failed. This happens to me for the first time, as I have saved FMB missions with Viking's jewel of a map before. So, I run the universal static.ini checker, and I got this: Missing objects, buildings.House$Nissen_hut
Does any gentleman have a clue as to the whereabouts of this object? Many thanks in advance,

Uufflakke

• Modder
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2010, 09:17:44 AM »

Missing objects, buildings.House$Nissen_hut
Does any gentleman have a clue as to the whereabouts of this object? Many thanks in advance,

I looked in my HSFX 4.1 static.ini and it is in the Pacific section:

[buildings.House$Nissen_hut]
Title           Nissen_hut
MeshLive        3do/Buildings/Pacific/Nissen_Hut/live.sim
MeshDead        3do/Buildings/Pacific/Metal_hut/dead.sim
AlignToLand     0
Body            FuelSmall
Panzer          0.50  //0.015

I don't know where to get but isn't it part of the HSFX and UP install already?
Perhaps you edited this line by accident in your static.ini while adding other entries. One tiny spelling error in an entry is enough for not saving a mission in FMB.
Just to make sure I should check the lines word for word in the static.ini and compare it with the lines above.
Maybe it helps...
"The Best Things In Live Aren't Things"

cgagan

• SAS Team
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2010, 09:41:19 AM »

Many thanks UUflakke, I also found it, doing an simple search in my "IL2 Mods-addons" folder, where I store stuff. I did locate it in "House Pacific" as you point, and the lines were inside Waggel's NordSee map. Many thanks again, mate, I shall give it a try, now that I added the relevant lines to my static.ini
EDIT
Yep, that did the trick! 8)

bigans

• Maw-Superaereo
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2014, 11:04:10 AM »

Last year I flew this map in Seow campaign, with Rodi Island added. I'm not able to find it anymore. Anyone could help to download the map with Rodi added?
thank you
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 24 queries.