Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: DCG Solomons 1942-45 V1.6 (unmodded V4.11m)  (Read 22073 times)

Cycle

• Modder
Re: DCG Solomons 1942-45 V1.6 (unmodded V4.11m)
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2012, 05:46:04 PM »

Glad to hear you're updating DCG Solomons 1942-45 for DBW and 3.47. This is the one I'm looking forward to most !

Hi,
I can only recommend to play the unmodded Solomons campaign! I think, its currently the best version of this campaign! Not because of the aircrafts or effects, but because of the new AI!
"Lenin sagte einmal, der ungebildete Mensch stehe außerhalb der Politik. Heute aber haben wir ein gebildetes Volk. Wie wir in den letzten Jahren handelten, bedeutete, es aus der Politik herauszuhalten. Das ist eine Mißachtung des Volkes. Das ist eine Art Elitedenken." Michail Gorbatschow

tanda01

« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2012, 06:02:43 PM »

Hmmm . . . haven't tried 4.11 yet. Been pretty happy with DBW - but maybe I'll give it a try. Please tell me it has the F4U-1 (birdcage).

Cycle

• Modder
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2012, 06:22:54 PM »

Yes, but DCG will not spawn static aircrafts of this type during the campaign! And the "Self stationary aircraft mod" will also not work for DCG!
"Lenin sagte einmal, der ungebildete Mensch stehe außerhalb der Politik. Heute aber haben wir ein gebildetes Volk. Wie wir in den letzten Jahren handelten, bedeutete, es aus der Politik herauszuhalten. Das ist eine Mißachtung des Volkes. Das ist eine Art Elitedenken." Michail Gorbatschow

redwolf

« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2012, 04:30:27 PM »

Lonestar, any chance you might eventually upgrade this most excellent campaign to the newly released and also most excellent HSFX v6.0?

Cycle

• Modder
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2012, 06:08:11 PM »

Hi,
Not in the near future because I want to take a longer break from IL-2! Also I dont know if HSFX 6.0 is compatible with DCG!

redwolf

« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2012, 12:01:11 AM »

Actually...it may not be necessary...

Your DBW version seems to work just fine with HSFX v6.0 ...at least so far...(fingers crossed)...

redwolf

« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2012, 08:18:41 PM »

Odd...not all the campaigns are showing up (unmodded solomons) with an HSFX 6.0 install. For instance, there is no Solomons USAAF Fighter campaign nor USAAF Medium Bomber campaign, yet the rest are there.

I've checked to make sure DGen had the proper files copied into it, even re-did it - still these campaign choices are not showing...can't figure this out... ???

redwolf

« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2012, 01:21:46 PM »

Solved:

HSFX 6 uses a Russian based .exe file which reads/prioritizes the _ru files. The campaigns can be read and accessed properly as long as the campaigns*_ru.dat files are the same as the regular ones (so a simple copy and rename will do the trick).

vse2008

« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2013, 08:40:05 AM »

Hope it's the right place to as a question, as it's related to Lonestart's DCG Solomons 1.6 campaign.

I started playing Russells '43 campaign as USAAF medium bomber, A20-C. One mission in, all fine.

Then in second mission, I noticed a few Japanese transport flights that go back and forth between Buka airfield (the one furthest to the Northwest) and some others closer to the front
. Which would be fine if Buka airfield wasn't so short and with trees at the end of runway, so the transport planes (mostly G4M1s, and I think some L2Ds) crash right on their takeoff.

I tried to change home base for those squadrons, but even if I do that, DCG seem to revert their home base back to dreaded Buka airfield, alternating between that and, say Kahili or Munda, and then back to Buka, in their transport pattern.

Is there a way to fix that? So perhaps some other airfield serves as the transport "far point"?
I would very much enjoy this campaign and all the work that went into it, but I don't know how to go about this issue.

Cycle

• Modder
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2013, 08:07:38 PM »

Hi,
Yes, can happen when too many planes take off at the same time at some airfields!
Check the "No transfers" option in DCG to better allocate the aircraft on the airfields!

Dont really know how to change this! Have the same thing in other campaigns! They use only two airfields! The airfield, which has the farest distance from the frontline and the nearest to that airfield!
One reason could be, that the Solomons maps and many modded maps are much bigger then the earlier standard maps of IL-2, as DCG was created in 2002-2003!

vse2008

« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2013, 11:26:24 AM »

Thanks for the reply! I'll run it with "No transfers" in DCG.

It's a wonderful campaign, and I'm really enjoying the amount of detail that went in it. 
Thanks for making it :)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 26 queries.