Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: the SAS Complete SoundMod & GunMod..in SFS v2  (Read 41184 times)

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
the SAS Complete SoundMod & GunMod..in SFS v2
« on: October 19, 2009, 09:30:58 PM »

For those of you who DONT want to download one of the big packs, BUT, still want a great and complete one shot sound mod to work with their SAS Game, here it is!

And of course, this is in SFS format, so it's impact on your loadtime is...basically nothing.
And whatever you dont like on it, you can still mod!!  :D

For more info on it, I quote form HSFX:

We Recommended that you Switch your in-game sound to 22Khz !!!

The game will run fast and sound good. There is no advantage whatsoever in choosing 44Khz although you
have the option (unlike usual Soundmod versions which CTD).

Samples are 22 khz. mono and the presets use the SFX 0.8 system. (So this is the SFX system using 9.3-file
structure & naming for maximum compatibility.)

In my view this is the most resource friendly and directional way that you can run the sound. Its faster and
clearer and more importantly uses less system resources, This sounds & runs faster than sound mod 9x
because that uses 44khz stereo samples which are nearly 4 times the size, il2 was never intended to play
stereo samples anyhow and it doesn’t do it very well.

A 22 khz sample is of slightly lower quality, however very few people are actually able to tell this difference
and what you are hearing in il2 anyhow is a complete ‘soundscape’ and not just a single sample.

This comes packed with the first complete SAS gunmod. This is based  of the HSFX 4 version gunmods which are in turn based on Josse's gunmods. Ours differ in that the effects are closer to the stock effects, to lessen incompatibility and load.
Other tweaks specific to the SAS are the Breda Safats, featured seperately elsewhere in this forum, and also, we included the guns that came out with Gaston's cutout of the B25's and P38s from ui, but again we changed the effects and sounds to suit this mod. (Note: You dotn HAVE to install the gunclasses, but they will make you use more of the gunsounds....but it is your preference)

Also fixed in the guns:

I did tid for originally for the HSFX4 pack and I am happy to bring it along here: That anoying yellow peepee glow on everything when you fire a gun? Gone! (At least, reduced to more realistic levels) No more will they mess up your eyesight, ruin screenshots, or make you crave pineapple juice.

This SFS soundfile can be used standalone with this mod. Users of HSFX4 (with update) or UP1.8 need not use it, because it is already in your game , with all the extra SAS presets in. So no more soundproblems, whether you are basing your installation of HSFX, or UP1.8, or SAS manual with this mod, you wont loose a sound. Regarldess of who's buttons you use. (sorry, this does not include aaa buttons or the aaa ui)

Together with Ultra and 242sq, we will put together more small cut out packages, for the convinience of those who are, like me, bandwith restricted  :D

Requirements:

IL2 1946 4.09m, modded with SAS modactivator, and using SAS Buttons.

How to instal this:

Download Both Packages.

Download SoundMod v2(90MB)
Download WeaponsClasses (22KB)

Changes in V2: Fixed several issues of silent low or high revving engines, missing gunsounds and numerous other loop and sampling problem. Just a big fat bugfix.

Unzip the packages, and find inside the one a SAS_hfxsounds.sfs file, and a FILES folder.

Inside the other you will find a MODS folder.

Inside the MODS folder is our gunmod. This makes it possible for you to use the gunsounds in the SFS file. I am sure you can gues where it goes!!!

Similarily, in the files folder is a file called " .rc." You put this .rc file in your FILES folder! (this little file "activates" the new SFS file) Be sure to read "things to know" below.

And then lastly , you take the SFS file called fb_hfxsounds.sfs, and you put it in your Main Game folder, alongside the other SFS files.

And now you are ready to enjoy!

Things to know:

If you have any soundmods in your game, either in your files folder or in your mods folder, they will OVERRIDE this SFS file. Because, they treat this SFS file like a part of the game, and those files of yours are modding it!

So, the advice is to get rid of them at first.(that means that presets and samples folders in your files folder also!) You can then add back some soundmods as you see fit later.

Notes to Users of Ultra 1.8 or HSFX4:

You dont need this mod at all. You can use it if you think it is a more recent version of the current one you have.
Just take the fb_hfxsounds.sfs into your game replacing the previous one. No alterations to any files or .rc are needed.

What is the difference between this sfs file and the HSFX4 one?

A: This is the LATEST UPDATE of the one released in HSFX4 final. This update will probably be available there soon if not already. Same with UP1.8.

It also now adds all the extra PRS files required by SAS buttons, as well as the Centaurus sounds and "jets sounds patched for all jets" by Jafa. The jets sounds will only be heard by SAS Buttons users at this stage, but I am sure Charlie will unlock some of it for HSFX guys at a stage. this SFS file now makes seamless migration between SAS , HSFX and UP1.8 a reality

If you dont like the smoketrail and sprite effects used by the weapons in HSFX or UP18, and want something a little more close to stock, you are welcome to only download the weapons classes and replace the originals with ours. The only differences are that we use stock smoke effects for the smoke-at-barrel, and for two weapons we use stock trailsmoke for the bullets instead of a custom one. Our Breda Safats have different performance, but all within 1 or 2% of the ones in HSFX/UP, so I am sure they wont qualify as cheat and should be fine online.

Notes to users of UI:

This is not qualified for use with UI. It also is not supported by AAA buttons, and the gunmod part of it is considered by aaa as a "cheat". Also since the UI carries the CTD bug associated with sampling frequency setting, we do not reccomend the use of this mod for UI users. For guys who want to download a pack to "start them off" in modding, or, to simplify their lives, get it all at once, or, to play online, for all those, we HIGHLY reccomend UP1.8.

Enjoy
S! To Charlie and the whole team who made the SFX Soundmod what it has become!

Credits for this SoundMod:

Classes: Charlie Chap, Josse, CirX
Sounds: Charlie Chap, SG2_Wasi, Tiger_33, Jafa, and CirX  !

And a big thanx to the SEOW Community, and to HaDes for helping integration with UP, and to Frankiek for helping with the transfers of the files!

Big Credits to 1C!

S~the SAS

CirX
 :)

NOTICE: As of the time I am putting this up,
HSFX4 update is not available yet, so SAS users of the HSFX pack can use the patch method described above. Similarily, UP1.8 is not released yet, but it is only a few days away now ( MUCH less than "Two Weeks" :D )

;)

Patches:

These Patches replace files in the gunmod, to achieve some different results.
The following Patches remove the bullet-trail smoke from some rifles, as requested by some users with FPS problems:

303s_SASWeapons_NoSmoke.7z

50cals_SASWeapons_NoSmoke.7z

Mg17_SASWeapons_NoSmoke.7z

This following mod returnsa the Ng151/20 to stock effects and performance for those who prefer

Default_Mg15120_for_HSFX.7z

Tute

Re: the SAS Complete SoundMod & GunMod..in SFS
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 01:54:41 PM »

Thanks, Cirx! ;)

Salty54

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, 04:30:55 PM »

Been playing for the past hour with this mod and I am very impressed. I've checked out each of my favorite aircraft and all sound very very good. This is very immersive. Congratulations on a fine mod and a great contribution to the game.

CharlieChap

• SAS Honourable Member
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009, 06:10:02 PM »

This is great  :D

Cirx basically cleaned up the HSFX sounds a bit and added a few pretsets from his 'universal' preset system.

HSFX will update to it (I know a little about that !), UP is going to use it....and everything will be pretty inter compatible as a result.

SFS runs faster (and sounds contained CANNOT CORRUPT  ;D ...but the mod system still works...so you can continue to customise over the top but as Cirx points out, you must remove everything over the top of it (In your existing Files/Sounds & presets folders or you will never actually hear it.

Subnote:- this works at 22khz AND 44khz....without a CTD

*DZR*Chimanov

Re: the SAS Complete SoundMod & GunMod..in SFS v2
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 05:32:56 PM »

Great MOD, excellent instructions, i'm very thankful Cirx.

S!

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 03:43:03 PM »

Try the windblow bugfix, also somewhere in this forum. perhaps it may help.

KG3_V

• The Man who cannot land
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2010, 07:08:53 AM »

It works very fine for me now, but I still cannot change the sounds of some weapons, only by deleting the files for them from the mod

UBS, MG131

Is their any other way to use my personal sounds + the mod

My sounds are in the "old way", in the "Samples" Soubfolder in the "Files" folder

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2010, 07:55:19 AM »

this is a very old and incomplete soundmatrix I started long ago. it may help for this.

Capt. Monroe -FIN-

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2010, 02:19:31 PM »

Umm.. I installed this mod and I get a better engine startup sound, but the running sound is stock, did I do something wrong?

My mods: SAS Activator
SAS sounds and weapon class files
Tiger 33 flybys only + Patches, bombbay doors plus and windblow fix
Also using FOV bugfix

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2010, 02:38:34 PM »

which SAS modactivator?

Capt. Monroe -FIN-

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2010, 03:20:59 PM »

The 2.2 Mod activator for clean 4.09m

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2010, 03:42:24 PM »

Did you remove the "presets" folder from your "Files" folder as required?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 29 queries.