Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Interesting problem...  (Read 1259 times)

DalekBen

• DO A BARREL ROLL!
Interesting problem...
« on: March 27, 2011, 07:00:33 PM »

Hello! 
               So the other day the capacitors on our motherboard blew. We just decided to get a new computer. It's an HP Pavillion with Windows 7 Home Pre. 64 bit. Now, I know IL-2 has some bugginess when used w/ Windows 7, but it installed just fine on our Dell XPS 9000 with the same OS. I decided to reinstall (vanilla 4.07 from disc), and everything went smoothly up until about 89%. There, it got stuck on some German skin files, can't remember which ones specifically. It said: "error, cannot find "insert skin file here" Please check that you have permission to access this file and that is is accesible. 'Retry/Cancel' Pressing retry freezes it, and pressing cancel stops the installer. I am admin, and the disc isn't damaged or rewritable, so it isn't either of those. What could be wrong?

<Gunny>

Re: Interesting problem...
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 07:28:39 PM »

A little more info please. Where did windows install your game?
If you have not installed all the patches you can just copy and paste to a new folder.
Use this as your back-up copy.
I have Win 7 Pro 64  and have 5 games installed. ALL IL-2.

jt189

• Retired Warrior
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 08:27:29 PM »

With win 7 install on the local drive c not program file

DalekBen

• DO A BARREL ROLL!
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 06:37:55 AM »

I tried it two times. First, installing it into the main C: drive, the second, the default C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946

Dimus

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 07:04:01 AM »

I had the exact same problem trying to install FSX Acceleration on a company Dell Precision laptop. It was the same kind of message on a specific file. I figured that it could be the effect of an antivirus or a security agent running in the background. Unfortunately, although I am administrator I do not have access to the security agents due to company policy so can't do much about it. Mind you the OS is XP SP3

You might try stopping any antivirus running in the background and try again to see if it works. If it does than it would be the answer to my issue too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 21 queries.