Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: HSFX 5.0.1 Hotfix  (Read 43009 times)

western0221

• Modder
  • Live in Japan
    • IL-2 itaki blog
Re: HSFX 5.0.1 Hotfix
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2011, 03:13:33 AM »

Does HSFX5.0.1 Dedicated Server or default ship "Tirpitz" have a bug?

At first, I think it is caused by default 4.10.1m Tirpitz, and make a Topic at here.
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,14834.0.html

But my friend test 4.10.1mDS and Tirpitz, no problem.
I try again, 4.10.1mDS has no problem (even IL2 Server Commander has some problem at Tirpitz).

Next I retry to test HSFX5.0.1's DS and Tirpitz.
It's a trouble.
"Ship" Tirpitz shows error message "Can't create chief '0_Chief'" and doesn't move in map.
"Stationary Ship" Tirpitz shows error message "SPAWN: Can't create Ship object" and disappearance.
Other Ship, Stationary Ship objects have no problem.
Only Tirpitz (I have found now).

I can't decide "HSFX's bug" or "Tirpitz's bug", but tell you this at here.
Thanks.

CharlieChap

• SAS Honourable Member
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2011, 06:13:30 AM »

Its a bug with the ship I think Western. (we put an experimental catapult on it, its not mentioned in the read me. But I think we should have removed it again.)

In the short term use the Bismark instead. Will look into it.  (also the F86 fuel loadout that you mentioned.)

Sharkzz

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2011, 07:17:28 AM »

Fantastic work !!
and love the servers that are running it

New Right Arm Amputee, One armed flyer and Longboard surfer, I now swim and paddle in circles .

western0221

• Modder
  • Live in Japan
    • IL-2 itaki blog
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2011, 03:20:57 AM »

Thanks.

Its a bug with the ship I think Western. (we put an experimental catapult on it, its not mentioned in the read me. But I think we should have removed it again.)

All right.

I have the same problem at other ship as Tirpitz yesterday.
But then I set many type ships on a map, what ship causing isn't able to know.
When I have spare time, I will find some causing ship.

By the way... this is not HSFX's bug but about ship.
in Files/.../ships.ini
[Destroyer_USSR_Type7]
and
[Destroyer_USSR_Type7_44]
exist. They are converted from technics.ini to ships.ini at 4.10m patch (I see).

Their
Code: [Select]
strengthBasedOnThisSection strength_HullHugeis a too strong parameter.
Here is to be
Code: [Select]
strengthBasedOnThisSection strength_HullLarge

western0221

• Modder
  • Live in Japan
    • IL-2 itaki blog
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2011, 12:21:57 PM »

A little bug on HSFX5.0.1's A6M3. We found.

"A6M3,1942" has to have cut off wing span. it is -32.
But 5.0.1's "A6M3,1942" has curved wing span like -22 or -21.

HSFX5.0.1 provides us more "A6M3", then "A6M3-32, 1942*" and "A6M3-32kai, 1942*" are right at wing span.
We can use them.
Then "A6M3,1942"'s bug is not serious to us.

PapaG39

• Supporter
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2011, 01:29:19 AM »

The MIG 3 Field Mod 1941* canape seems to stay open in my HSFX 5.00/5/01.  All of the rest of the MIG's open and close just fine.

I have been having an absolutely grand time these past few weeks playing this new HSFX.  I love it.  It has just made a completely new game for me.

I even got talked into going online again after a two  year absence from online play.  I still prefer offline play though.

My hat is off to all of you great il2 mod champions for making a great game even better.

I salute you  all  !
A Pilots Prayer:  "May you not run out of airspeed, altitude and ideas all at the same time".

Karaya

• Modder
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2011, 02:50:58 AM »

The MIG 3 Field Mod 1941* canape seems to stay open in my HSFX 5.00/5/01.  All of the rest of the MIG's open and close just fine.

That is intentional, in fact that is the sole purpose of this field mod. Russian canopies early in the war were notorious for their low quality glass (often with a yellow tint and bad optical properties causing distortions) and poor overall built. In many cases due to combat damage the pilots found it very difficult or even impossible to open the canopy to escape - that is why many pilots preferred to fly with open cockpits early on - among these pilots is said to be Alexander Pokryshkin

Yardstick

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2011, 08:42:50 AM »

I posted this in 'tech help' but is is probably more relevant here.

I have been experimenting with the blind approach missions that came with 4.101 - got to say I thought I was a reasonble virtual pilot until I tried a few VFR approaches at night   However, HSFX seems to have included the nav light change that reduces the visable distance to 100m or so.  Unfortunately, this also appears to have castrated the viewing distance for the runway lights rendering blind landings impossible.   I tried a stock 4.101 install and everything was fine, so it does appear to be an HSFX effect.

Is this a deleberate choice or a bug that has slipped into HSFX 5.0.1?  Either way does anyone have a fix for it please?

CharlieChap

• SAS Honourable Member
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2011, 09:43:08 AM »

The 4.10 nighttime environment makes everything dimmer (including lights we discovered   >:( ).

If you switch on 'Effects low'  (Stock effects)  with jsgme for nighttime operation, you will get default lights and view distances, and the other stock effects ae not so bad in the dark (eg you cannot see the smoke etc anyway).
We will redo this aspect in a future update.

Yardstick

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2011, 11:31:00 AM »

Brilliant thanks for the tip about low effects.  Look forward to the future updates.

Great package btw - thanks for all your teams efforts and those of all the modders.

Yardstick

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2011, 05:04:23 PM »

Found another potentail bug.  The gunsight reticule in the F-86 is not displaying properly.  I see the centre pipper but the ring is missing.  Seems to work fine in my old HSFX 4 install.

squiffy

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2011, 11:53:51 PM »

I noted Yardstick's observation also...

I noticed that the following aircraft do not eject shells when firing...

P-51D-20NA
P-51D-25NA
P-51D-30NA
P-47D-22
P-47D-27
P-47D-27 late

All P-38's except the P-38L late

there maybe more, still checking.  other fighters with .50's seem ok (F4U's, F4F's, F6F's etc)

Other than this minor issue, splendid job!  I had a great time with HSFX 4.1, and now I'm enjoying 5.  Keep up the good work!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 27 queries.