Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: SAS Modact/folder for HSFX 5 users  (Read 43219 times)

hawker445

Re: SAS Modact/folder for HSFX 5 users
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2011, 05:15:14 PM »

what if i have already added mods to my game folder? do i just place these files in and overwrite them?

plus if i have this mod act will i b able to run the il2 1956? :)

dietz

• Supporter
  • " Keep watching the skies...."
    • Art of James Dietz
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2011, 09:40:49 AM »

Fully updated with this and every other updated patch,buttons too...everything works like a charm & am delighted...really.... :)but having no luck getting properly installed new aircraft to show up anywhere in QMB or FMB .Yes have been selective in only trying the few SAS planes rated good for 4.10,but still no joy.I do have an STD folder in Mods folder,with the three files you would expect & have tried to use these while the remaining one on the 'Files" folder have been either enabled or disabled with no luck- I've even tried loading the required aircraft texts here as well with no joy.I'm not a Noob ,and have installed dozens of planes in diffeent encantations of Modded games,but I am only too human & may have missed something here or didn't read the proper readme that describes a different process...or maybe something else? ::)
This is my default game play location so I 'd like to get all the bells & whistles up & working...
Thanks!

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2011, 11:55:13 AM »

Kinda confused about something,I can install clean and patch all the way up to HSFX5.0.1 and that's what I see down in the corner when I start the game HSFX5.0.1 but,after I install this Modact for HSFX5.0 what I see in the corner when the game starts is HSFX5.0.By installing this Modact do I lose the 5.0.1 Hotfix or is it still there? Im using the 4.101 SAS Offline Buttons file if that makes a difference.

Gumpy, no, you fdont loose anything. When you have SAS modfoder enabled, it shows you that loadupscreen to tell you on top in red that you should disable it before online play. And when I made the spashscreen, HSFX was still on 5.0. Chalrie is a lazy shit, he should have put the version number in a classfile :D. So, all that is happening is that you are SEEING a 5.0 splashscreen. But you are fully in 5.01.

what if i have already added mods to my game folder?

We dude, then you dont need this, do you?

Fully updated with this and every other updated patch,buttons too...everything works like a charm & am delighted...really.... :)but having no luck getting properly installed new aircraft to show up anywhere in QMB or FMB .Yes have been selective in only trying the few SAS planes rated good for 4.10,but still no joy.I do have an STD folder in Mods folder,with the three files you would expect & have tried to use these while the remaining one on the 'Files" folder have been either enabled or disabled with no luck- I've even tried loading the required aircraft texts here as well with no joy.I'm not a Noob ,and have installed dozens of planes in diffeent encantations of Modded games,but I am only too human & may have missed something here or didn't read the proper readme that describes a different process...or maybe something else? ::)
This is my default game play location so I 'd like to get all the bells & whistles up & working...
Thanks!

Dietz I know of no specific problems. When making this modact I installed the whole Jetwar pack in HSFX without a hitch. What specific planes are you talking about here?

Have you been updating the air ini in the HSFX Files folder..?. obviously something is a amiss, because properly installed planes do by definition show up in QMB and FMB.

dietz

• Supporter
  • " Keep watching the skies...."
    • Art of James Dietz
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2011, 12:30:25 PM »

So far have tried only two the Lancaster & the Me-262B Nightfighter,both rated good for 4.101...of course what I'm really driving at is full use of the Pro Mission Combo to use new planes as well....and getting some of the planes that work in 4.09m like the SeaHurricanes ,etc.,when they come on line for 4.101m & HSFX 5. This version offers alot of promise ( until or unless a UP version comes along...) , I enjoy the built in effects , maps etc. and normally SAS mods go in without a ripple ,so I'm really going slow with things- not trying to do everything all at once so to speak...so I guess it might be the planes I'm trying to load?
 BTW Slightly OT I'm really more glad than ever about SAS & AAA too for that matter....both have made this sim sooooo good that most effects appear to be better than CoD which is currently having some apparent "Birthing Pains..."
Thanks again! ;)

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2011, 01:13:21 PM »

I suppose you refer to these mods:
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,12278.0.html
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,4359.0.html

?

I am duly downloading them and will atempt to install in HSFX 5 with this modfolde. Will report back.

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2011, 01:37:47 PM »

Did not have the slightest problem. That lanc is scary and loud though! :D

Tried them with and without MissionPro. No problems.

I think the problem is probably with the liveware.

gprr

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2011, 11:51:47 PM »

Thanks a milion from the bottom of my and my friends heart  SAS~CirX :)

Works great with UP Hellcats and the Jet era pack(have two F86-A in plane list :))

Loudest cheers fro me 8) :D :-* !!!

GP

X-Raptor

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2011, 06:15:41 PM »

Thank you to all involved in compatible HFSX & SAS mods. Yust a question/request: it is possible to have compatible HFSX game version with 6Dof + ecranwide mods?  I have tried w/o any result :(

SaS~JackS

• BUFF Driver
  • SAS Honourable Member
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2011, 04:16:42 AM »

CirX,

many thanks to you and Charlie!  :)

one question- with the SaS HSFX activateed I have the jetwar working fine.- but, with the Mods folder active, none of the HSFX maps will save properly (tested Cannon,352,etc). Can this be corrected or did I miss something as usual????  :(

Jack

PS when Anto corrects the 56 1.1 button, hope you enjoy our efforts!

Frankiek

• SAS Team
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2011, 12:48:53 PM »

If the maps are not saving most  this is most probably originated  by some missing objects. Check your ini files and make sure that you have the good versions in the mod folders.

Pochi

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2011, 04:06:23 AM »

Hello all,

I am new to Il2 and just installed the game along with HSFX 5 and love it like this!

I do not really want to install more mod right now, but I have the problem of russian fonts in the career mode, so I came here for Sas Modact as it is said to solve this problem.

However, after installing it I still have the russian fonts in career...Could someone please help me with that?

Also, I would like to clarify something. I would like to continue using HSFX with Expert mod so I did not update the SAS buttons because I want to keep HSFX one. Maybe it is the problem?  I am not sure to understand what expert mod does actually do. I am thinking it works offline and online to have more realistic handling of aircraft and otehrs objetcs in the game. Am I right? I do not play online right now, so I guess that I can use it along with Sas Modact?

Thanks in advnce for your help!

Best regards,

western0221

• Modder
  • Live in Japan
    • IL-2 itaki blog
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2011, 04:32:26 AM »

Hello.

I do not really want to install more mod right now, but I have the problem of russian fonts in the career mode, so I came here for Sas Modact as it is said to solve this problem.

I heard...
install EnjoyrPatch to carreer mode English
http://mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&c=566

I haven't tryed myself.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 27 queries.