Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Ecran-Wide 2 ~ WideScreen Support for Il2  (Read 84607 times)

Dr. Strangelove

• Curator of Olegisms
Re: Ecran-Wide 2 ~ WideScreen Support for Il2
« Reply #72 on: November 17, 2011, 08:32:23 AM »

Danke sehr, Mr. President!

No fancy mouse for me, I play on a laptop who has no scroll feature :'(
So I will give QMB Pro a shot.
Thanks for the help!
"Sure no."

crimeatiger

« Reply #73 on: January 10, 2012, 10:56:04 AM »

dear SAS! is there a way to change the font color in a briefing from red to black? thanks in advance!
P.S. small correction, red font gives PAL MissionProCombo mod

Whacker

« Reply #74 on: February 15, 2012, 09:50:01 AM »

Hi guys.  I have a question, and depending on the answer a request.

My question is, is there a way to specify separately what resolution to use for the game interface (when not flying)?  For example in the custom [mods] section in conf.ini?

If not, could we get something like that in a future revision please? 

The reason I'm asking is because I run 3 monitors in Eyefinity, 6052x1080 with bezel compensation on.  (Yes, the game does look utterly amazing!)  The problem is, when I turn on this mod in DBW, it occupies the ENTIRE 6052x1080 viewable space, and looks ... very funny, to say the least.  In addition to being a bit hard to read things, many of the radio buttons and menus are cut off and hidden behind the bezel compensating areas.  Being able to run the game at that high resolution, but for example maybe specify an interface resolution of 1920x1080 that is centered in the viewable area (and hence centered on the main screen) would fix this completely.  Hence why I wanted to post here and ask.

Thanks!

Cloyd

« Reply #75 on: April 08, 2012, 07:36:03 AM »

Does this mod cut off the top and bottom of the in-game field of view? Maybe my memory is faulty, but I thought that it did not. Just did a complete UP-DBW reinstall, and I'm not sure if this mod is working the way it's supposed to. (Top and bottom of FOV are cropped.)

Thanks,
Cloyd

Whacker

« Reply #76 on: April 08, 2012, 02:05:38 PM »

Does this mod cut off the top and bottom of the in-game field of view? Maybe my memory is faulty, but I thought that it did not. Just did a complete UP-DBW reinstall, and I'm not sure if this mod is working the way it's supposed to. (Top and bottom of FOV are cropped.)

Thanks,
Cloyd

AFAIK this mod doesn't touch the in-game visuals, only the menu screens.  If you want better FOV ranges you'll need to use San's FOV Changer tool, or these two mods:

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,19698.0.html
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,16878.0.html

While San does deserve sainthood for all the work he's done on that tool, I much prefer those two mods linked as they're guaranteed to work, San's tool tends to cut out and stop working occasionally.

Blaubaer

« Reply #77 on: May 06, 2012, 12:13:22 PM »

With Ecran Wide I (4.10.1, SAS-ModAct3.06) can't select a home base...
Any hints?

Regards,
der Blaubär

352nd_Hoss

« Reply #78 on: May 06, 2012, 12:50:22 PM »

My squad went through this last night.  You need to make sure of what your "Native" screen resolution is and put that in your conf.ini

window]
width=1920      or what ever yours is!
height=1200
          also whatever yours is
ColourBits=32
DepthBits=24
StencilBits=8
ChangeScreenRes=1
FullScreen=1
DrawIfNotFocused=0
EnableResize=0
EnableClose=1
SaveAspect=0  ensure yours is 0
Use3Renders=0

Now if that does not allow you to put your cursor right on the home base icon you will have to do as I do and increase the zoom on the map and move your cursorer around the base untill you see the highlite icon appear.  You will just have to get used to moving your pointer around the base till you find it.  Sound familure?....lol

It's the only bug I see with the wide screen mod, FMB works just fine no probs with pointer and object. 

Blaubaer

« Reply #79 on: May 06, 2012, 01:19:41 PM »

you will have to do as I do and increase the zoom on the map and move your cursorer around the base untill you see the highlite icon appear.
That's it! Thank you so much. Never had an idea like that...  :D

Regards,
der Blaubär

munnster

« Reply #80 on: June 05, 2012, 07:26:46 PM »

hi all, is it actually possible to get wide screen support for 4.11 ? its odd coz because i managed to do it really easily with 4.11 before with a really old wide screen mod (the first wide screen mod i think) ive since been away & come back reinstalled windows & repatched IL2 from 4.08 to 4.11, & where ever i look it seems the same info is appearing on various sites, but its not working for me...?

the main thing im seeing everywhere for 4.11 in the config.ini is the following...

[window]
width=1280
height=960
ColourBits=32
DepthBits=24
StencilBits=8
ChangeScreenRes=0   <------------- (Makes my screen goto the upper left, showing the rest of my desktop)
FullScreen=1
DrawIfNotFocused=0
EnableResize=0
EnableClose=1
SaveAspect=0 ;<------------------ (Does nothing)
Use3Renders=0

Any help on this guys would real appriciate it
thx

munnster

« Reply #81 on: June 08, 2012, 11:12:01 PM »

Ok I got it figured out, 4.11 widescreen without using any mods :) This may help some people, & you will have to experiment depending on your TV/PC equipment.

If anyone is interested, its a combination of your GFX card settings, your TV settings & your IL-2 config.
The only weird thing is that your game will start in 4:3 aspect, & then when you start a mission or go into online play, it will kick into wide screen 16:9 in perfect aspect.
It will vary from TV to TV, & Graphics card, but you can try doing the following...

Here are my settings;

Graphics-Card (ATI) : Open ATI Catalyst Control, goto your DTV (HDMI) Section & set 'Attributes' to this : set 'Enable GPU Scaling' & click the check box 'Maintain aspect ratio'
Make sure your Scaling Section is on Full Overscan (0%), & that the check box below is *Deselected* ('Use the scaling values instead of customised settings' ect)
Then goto HDTV Support Section, & in the the box to the right above add 1080P(50) as a custom format. Then in the box below add a custom resolution of 1080P standard (1920x1080 @ 50)
Now goto the next section : 'Pixel Format' & set to 'RGB 4:4:4 Pixel Format PC Standard Full RGB'

TV-Settings (Sony Bravia 40-inch HDMI) : Display Settings : Target inputs = Current, Screen Format = Full, Auto Format = Off, Auto Display Area = Off, Display Area = Full Pixel
Optimise your TV for 1080P

IL2 - Config.ini ;

[window]
width=1920
height=1080
ColourBits=32
DepthBits=24
StencilBits=8
ChangeScreenRes=1
FullScreen=1
DrawIfNotFocused=0
EnableResize=0
EnableClose=1
SaveAspect=0
Use3Renders=0

Ok hope that helps anyone having trouble with IL-2 4.11 without using mods
Good luck!
Munnster

To the admin, may we make this a new thread?

arquillos

« Reply #82 on: June 13, 2012, 06:57:24 AM »

Hi!
   I´ve got this mod working nicely but I´ve got a question...I´d like to change the startup screen from 4:3 to 16:9. Is it possible?
   Yesterday I tried replacing the original DBW wallpaper with a 16:9 FullHD version. The game started and showed me the Original 1946 startup screen....funny ;)

Should I use a smaller 16:9 file or is it worthless?

Thank you in advance!

arquillos

« Reply #83 on: June 13, 2012, 11:38:49 PM »

Hi again!
   yesterday I made some progress in getting a 16:9 startup screen using this mod.
   This is a workaround and not a solution but it seems to work right.

These are the easy steps I made to get a 16:9 startup screen:

1.- Get a 16:9 wallpaper you like. I choosed a Full Hd one (1920 x 1080)
   2.- Resize the wallpaper to a "square format". I resized mine to 1080 x 1080 (so I got a stretched image)
   3.- Resize the wallpaper to 1024x1024 and save it in TGA format.
   4.- Replace the startup screen with your new TGA file and enjoy it.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 26 queries.