Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Sknil.exe (beta) drawing skin in 3D by ZinoDavr  (Read 24631 times)

Gumpy

• Modder
Re: Sknil.exe (beta) drawing skin in 3D by ZinoDavr
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2013, 05:06:24 PM »

I'd like to have this great little program adapted to handle 2048x2048 skins,at this point it doesn't seem to recognizance the higher resolution. 

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2013, 05:50:16 AM »

Gumpy, it seems you have got this program to work properly. You seem satisfied with it.
Would you care to write a simple tutorial as to how it functions for us?

At the moment I am not finding this program useful. I see ALOT of question marks on it and I am
just going about guessing as to what it actually does.
I have tested it with a simple triangle model. The Krefen pyramid from the Mideast static-objects.
The 3d model does not actually have a configuration of a triangle object. The top and sides do not connect
properly so a simple skin fits into it. It is by all means another "Franken-pyramid" model and a guy has to use a
personalized grid layer to figure out a way to paint a proper skin for this thing.
I thought this program would be a breakthrough in trying to figure out a simple way to notice where
the parts on a skin connect to each other on the model, but I am not seeing anything useful here.

If anyone sees a way to work with this program, by all means , please explain in a simple tutorial as to how
it all works, or at least where to begin using it and seeing something happen by using it.
Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946

leperemagloire

• Modder
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2013, 07:50:50 AM »

Thank you for this very useful app.
I think I did not understand the totality.
I can zoom,set a curser, with tab see position on skin,
But I can not rotate the plane :-[
What key is assigned to this function, or how to assign it.

Greetings

leperemagloire

• Modder
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2013, 06:51:47 AM »

Solved
 I understood the meaning ( in french) of :average button of the mouse :push button on the wheel of the mouse  :-[

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2013, 07:23:33 AM »

i'm with max on this one.
tried this out eagerly when it was first made available, but have been unable to figure out how to use it(properly).
considering the total lack of any useful 'how-to' info, i decided to return to the old, tried 'n tested method of skinning.
was hoping this would be a good 'short-cut' tool to seeing more decent skins released, but it seems not to be, at least, to me.  :(
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

TT

• Modder
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2013, 09:29:52 AM »

This is a must have tool for checking cockpit mesh edits. Never used it for skinning.

SAS~Malone

• Editor
« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2013, 05:39:32 AM »

well, i must say i am hugely disappointed to see that when such a great contributor as max, to this site and the sim as a whole, asks for some advice on how to properly use a little app, which at the end of the day, SHOULD BENEFIT ALL OF US, gets nothing but silence in return.
to those members, i'm sure there are several, who know how to use it, and choose not to share any of this info, well, i find it deeply disappointing.
shame on you all.

S3231541

• s3231541
  • SAS Honourable Member
« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2013, 05:50:49 AM »

:D, Relax guys,

The thing with this tool is that it can never be totally exploit for skinning. As the skin shown on the aircraft 3d is totally blur (?) and the color is wrong. You'll see that the actually looks of the skin in game and in this application is totally different.

The good point is, it can be use to quickly align camo or panel line or rivet, which is important at the initial states of skinning. Other than that I don't think that it would be good in fully skin an aircraft.

SAS~Malone

• Editor
« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2013, 06:21:10 AM »

The good point is, it can be use to quickly align camo or panel line or rivet, which is important at the initial states of skinning.

for this point alone, is enough reason, i think. ;)

S3231541

• s3231541
  • SAS Honourable Member
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2013, 07:08:09 AM »

Here's the steps to load an aircraft 3d and then load the skin

Skin can be .tga or bmp.

I'd like to have this great little program adapted to handle 2048x2048 skins,at this point it doesn't seem to recognizance the higher resolution. 

Sknil 0.7 support 2048 texture.

For people that want English interface, please download the link below (full credit to the original author, I did not make or alter any of this, the download link below are for ease of access only. Users please read "about" in this program to know the original author). This pack have English Language incorporated.

https://www.mediafire.com/download/92kqo1c4dlufuaf/Sknil_0.7.rar

Hope this help,

S3

SAS~Loku

• SAS Team
« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2013, 12:10:39 PM »

One of the biggest disadvantages of this tool is you need complete 3d model extracted from the game wich may be a bit difficult for some users not familiar with use of SFS extractor, especially if you just want to see your new skin made for stock game airplane.
Its more usefull for new 3d models made from scratch to see if its all parts fit together without need to run game everytime you make adjustments on hier file and as it was said on prevoius post to see if basic skin fits to the model.
P7a/P11c/f/g P24a/b/e/f/g PZL23/42 PWS-10/26 R-XIII RWD-10/14 GeeBeeR1/R2/Granville P-45 , WhippetMkI, Sdkfz-234/1/2, Kurogane, TKS, Wz.29/34 and some other shit XD

SAS~Malone

• Editor
« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2013, 10:57:11 PM »

that's great, Eric, thanks - i think that should be more than enough to help explain the basic workings - i might also try my hand at this at some point. ;)
sorry that it was you that decided to help out, though - i know how busy you are with many great new contributions to the game, and my comment was aimed more at the regular members who possibly might not have such a huge workload, to assist here, but nevertheless, much appreciated. thanks!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 23 queries.