Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: new ships beta version  (Read 26742 times)

agracier

• Modder
    • The Great War in a Different Light
Re: new ships beta version
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2011, 10:03:05 AM »

Could I ask where the copied text from 'cutter.txt' should be placed? In ships.ini or in another file?

archie1971

• Modder
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2011, 10:10:12 AM »

Could I ask where the copied text from 'cutter.txt' should be placed? In ships.ini or in another file?
Nowhere is this more, otherwise the installation is complete Hota I forgot when I wrap
otherwise separate folders-cutter. txt, you ignore it's just my fault that I erased.

Riptide_One

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2011, 08:48:35 PM »

archie,

The ships look great, but I have not been able to get them to work. I am using UP 2.01 and 4.09. The game crashes at 70% load.

Installation looks simple and I have not found any mistakes. No one has mentioned any typographical errors.

I put the "CZOldCarpenter" directory in my MODS folder. It is my understanding that the "cutter.txt" file is not to be used and that the required lines for the cutter fishing boat are in Iodenice ini.txt. I placed all the lines from Iodenice ini.txt in the appropriate files.

If you have suggestions on things I can try to make this mod work, let me know.

Cheers,

Riptide

Riptide_One

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2011, 01:10:35 AM »

Archie,

I found my problem and it was one of my own making. I've fixed it and have had a chance to try out (translation: sink) a few of your new vessels. I want to thank you for this and the many other enriching contributions you have made to this game.

Cheers,

Riptide

Plowshare

• Modder
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2011, 07:59:29 AM »

archie1971:

I'm pretty sure you can do 3D work right? Is there any way you could stretch one of the harbour cutters to about 63m keeping the same proportions? It wouldn't be very accurate but would give a somewhat passing representation of a Navajo Class Fleet Tug.

Look here:

http://www.uboat.net/allies/warships/class.html?ID=455

Bob

jt189

• Retired Warrior
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2011, 08:06:16 AM »

how can we download these without speaking russian?

I do not know where you heard there is Russian, so if I am not mistaken this is a server and that the Slovak and Czech
Russian/Slovak/Czech belong to the same language group even through there is a difference in words and spelling Very understandable to make a mistake.
Great ships thank you

archie1971

• Modder
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2011, 09:16:15 AM »

archie1971:

I'm pretty sure you can do 3D work right? Is there any way you could stretch one of the harbour cutters to about 63m keeping the same proportions? It wouldn't be very accurate but would give a somewhat passing representation of a Navajo Class Fleet Tug.

Look here:

http://www.uboat.net/allies/warships/class.html?ID=455

Bob

I'll try but first I must finish my unfinished ship which
it is - a British river gunboats
            Japanese sea plane tender
            Japanese Auxiliary Cruisers
            German trawlers
           and something extra so I work a lot

Plowshare

• Modder
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2011, 09:22:13 AM »

archie1971:

All good stuff and well worth the wait. As others have said before: "we can't have too many ships."

One question: What sites are you using for research? I can't do 3D but wouldn't mind painting merchant marine vessels.

Bob

Plowshare

• Modder
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2011, 12:07:28 PM »

archie1971:

Great stuff man! Thanks for the sites. A very quick look confirms that I should get some usage out of these sites.

Bob

saab ja26

« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2011, 02:41:04 PM »

I was on one of the Navajo's while in the USCG. I was on the cutter Cherokee WMEC-165 (formerly US Navy AT-66. She was commissioned 1939 and we got her from 1946 to 1991. I got to see her sister ship Tamaroa on their last cruise together when they raced for the last time way back in 1989. Would love to see her in IL2.
Ryzen 5 2600/Wraith Prism, 32GB RAM, Gigabyte B450 Ds3h RGB, 8gb Radeon RX 580 4TB HDD

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
    • Check out my modded campaigns
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2011, 02:53:27 PM »

Really LOVE that Japanese gunboat.

These small ships can be used in more ways than the really big battleships etc. I can understand that it can be fun building, say, the Yamato, but you can't put impressive monsters of that kind to as many uses as medium transports, gunboats, seaplane tenders, trawlers and auxiliary cruisers.

You are really filling a gap here Archie! Keep up the excellent work!
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 24 queries.