Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why SFS, Buttons and COD encoding subject are not allowed  (Read 21418 times)

LuseKofte

Re: Why SFS, Buttons and COD encoding supbject are not allowed
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2011, 04:20:30 PM »

is there any chance Ultrapack is gonna come out with there newest pack before cliffs of dover.

Yes. ;)

Well that is even better new`s . I wait more for UP tan COD , for some reason IL 2  is more like family   ::)

Ibis

« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2011, 04:35:18 PM »

Quote from: StG77_HaDeS on March 10, 2011, 04:09:43 AM
Quote from: PhoenixOrion on March 10, 2011, 03:43:07 AM
is there any chance Ultrapack is gonna come out with there newest pack before cliffs of dover.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Yes.

---------------------------

So this is the reason they pushed COD out the door before it was ready  ;D

dhtsword

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2015, 06:48:45 AM »

While I can certainly feel the pain you have regarding the Online Playing and the Community and prevention of a cheap dollar, I still can only wonder. Wouldn't it not be very beneficial anyway to introduce IL2-Mod specific security algorithms ? For instance, a Server-Client version validation checker which is provided as a .dll by the Community Hosts ? With these YOU could effectively control exactly what happens in the Online-area of yours ! The same could apply for specific MOD flavors.
I still have the silly feel that there are still other motives in play to guard the patch one owns. A phenomenon present all through IL-2's long career.
And let's be certain, IL-2 today would be absolutely DEAD if not someone breached it, exaclty in the right moment ! May he be blessed to eternity !

I myself are now working on a quite substantial single Player only Mod myself for the last three years, and found it extremly annoying that I have no access to the CODs, or even more so the core.dll source ,so I abolished COD completly and do it my own way now. The same will be the case for the SFS enconding. It's silly !
If the core.dll would be open we could remedy the silly stars at high alt, the lo-res sky, the weather (Cloud, fog etc.), of course this would open the whole thing to be ported to 64-Bit theoretically (needing around 100 mandays minimum, or 60'000 $). So could it be in the end that still Oleg's ghost (in the form of it's Zombie like existence in C3 Maddox) is having his magic spell on this ? Ridicolous ! The Flightsim market is extremly narrow and will ONLY survive if their is an open community.
I would have paid 1000$ for an open IL-2 at any time.

The IL-2 modding community created a unique piece of art investing hundred thousands of manhours and clearly evident devotion, therefore I immensly love it !
We should invite code modders ! Deep coding is nothing for the fast hack in no percievable way, instead we do the opposite, why ??!!!

Anyone having a coding question regarding IL-2 can contact me under hdaniel_sch@bluewin.ch  (And no I don't have the COD secrets and neither the SFS packager !).
May IL-2 live on ! The possibilities are endless !

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2015, 07:51:08 AM »

Thread archeology, I love it!
Welcome back Daniel.

I still can only wonder.
That's plain to see. Reading a bit would help for sure.

Best regards - Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2015, 09:22:49 AM »

The same will be the case for the SFS enconding. It's silly !

I have already made an SFS Packer / Unpacker which stores and retrieve filenames, 100% available to everybody. It is embedded in the TotalMODder V3. And SFS files are not encoded. Only the table of contents is encrypted, the real information is just compressed.

Regarding FMs, anybody with just some knowledge of how the game reads it, could read plain (non-encrypted) FMs so opening the field to direct FM manipulation.

So I don't clearly understand your complaint.

The real bottleneck of this game is its graphic engine which is not in SFS files or in buttons. Those are compiled libraries and nobody ever (except the original developers) had access to the sources.

Regards,
                     Pablo

DigitalEngine

• maybe....
Re: Why SFS, Buttons and COD encoding subject are not allowed
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2015, 10:25:08 AM »

The real bottleneck of this game is its graphic engine which is not in SFS files or in buttons. Those are compiled libraries and nobody ever (except the original developers) had access to the sources.

Just a curious rookie question, but,
is their any type of work around, or replacement for the graphics engine?

Is this something in which DT may have access to but under a non disclosure agreement?
GeorgesMatix @ Mission4Today / TexasJG @ 1C Company Forum / GeorgesMatrix @ The CH Hanger / GeorgesMatrix @ 242 Squadron / BlueMatrix @ IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 23 queries.