Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: National Museum of the United States Air Force Virtual Tour  (Read 4490 times)

boogabooga

• Modder
National Museum of the United States Air Force Virtual Tour
« on: March 06, 2011, 06:58:20 PM »

The NMUSAF doesn't get a lot of attention on IL-2 forums, I suspect, because Dayton, Ohio is probably the least sexy part of the country to go to if you have to travel. But, it is a world class aviation museum in every respect with the largest collection of military aircraft in the world. It's also the official museum of the Air Force and they do their homework. It's gone through some major renovations in the last ten years or so, and it is just a spectacular experience. Anyway, they now have almost the entire museum up for a virtual tour:

http://www.nmusafvirtualtour.com/full/tour-pkg.html     

Spinnetti

Re: National Museum of the United States Air Force Virtual Tour
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 07:21:54 PM »

The NMUSAF doesn't get a lot of attention on IL-2 forums, I suspect, because Dayton, Ohio is probably the least sexy part of the country to go to if you have to travel. But, it is a world class aviation museum in every respect with the largest collection of military aircraft in the world. It's also the official museum of the Air Force and they do their homework. It's gone through some major renovations in the last ten years or so, and it is just a spectacular experience. Anyway, they now have almost the entire museum up for a virtual tour:

http://www.nmusafvirtualtour.com/full/tour-pkg.html     

Don't forget too, that it was a major evaluation center for captured aircraft. Some of the A/C captured in WWII are still there! I go there every couple years....

LucShep

• Piece of cake, old chap...
Re: National Museum of the United States Air Force Virtual Tour
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2017, 08:11:30 PM »

Sorry for reviving an old thread, but I think it's worth a go.
The link in the original post above must have been updated, because it doesn't seem to work.

I'm guessing the NMUSAF virtual tour is already well known around these parts, but it's totally new too me.
Maybe it's new for some of you too and so, well, let's go for a tour:  8)

http://www.nmusafvirtualtour.com/full/tour-std.html

EDIT: if confused, click the "MAP" (on top right), click the spot on the area you wish to see, move around, click on an individual aircraft, etc....

Fantastic! :) Really nice for those of us that don't have a chance to visit such a nice museum and look in person at such awesome aircraft.
I particularly enjoy the virtual view inside the cockpit (most aircraft there has it!). :o

Huge thank you for the creators and organizers of the real and the virtual NMUSAF.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 24 queries.