Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: ALL my campaigns - a simple list  (Read 71093 times)

Paulus

• Modder
Re: ALL my campaigns - a simple list
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2014, 02:39:32 PM »

Thank you! It is fantastic to have campaigns for so many new (and not-so-new) planes. Thank you again!

butcherbird

« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2015, 11:54:54 AM »

:P wish i had a powerfull hardware to truly enjoy your superb stand alone campaigns . truly a great stuff super dooper stuff ......... :D ;)

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
    • Check out my modded campaigns
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2015, 01:10:37 PM »

Thanks for the appreciation! I can honestly say that my own rig isn't that hot either, and most of my campaign should not be too demanding when it comes to the hardware. My design policy in that respect is quite simple: I leave out all action that you can't actually see (or possibly could see) from your cockpit. Also I keep the amount of FLAK and the movement of ground and sea units down. If it is essential from a mission point of view, it's in, but I'm trying not to overdo those things either. What really counts is the action in the air, right?
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

butcherbird

« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2015, 02:32:19 PM »

Thanks for the appreciation!

really ! I loved your campains of luftwaffe  favorite is Historical Campaigns  totally  top notch and correct. but it seems to me i have a fps issues/many other with the new cup install with unbearable stutters ,  working on it as i cant afford a powerfull rig ,, but as you mention for a aviation lover its all about the flying tactics n action in the air,.......and off course thanks to ww2 sims like IL2 and Campaing builder like you and moders all the team for putting this great sim new shapes  now that we can all just av a bit of virtual taste of the heroes use to sit behind the cockpit , A virtual pilot want is the action in the air absolutely but i just cant have it as it stutters through out the mission and get worse when things gets heat up. well thats some thing with my system issues as i know joy of simulation now a days demands reasonable rigs .
still could be worse :D always looking forward for your Historical campaings especially luftwaffe ones . keep up the great work.

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2015, 04:49:54 PM »

Thanks Butcherbird! If you experience stutters in CUP you could always try DBW 1.71 or even HSFX 7. (It's easy to have multiple IL-2 installs. I think I have 5 or 6 different installs going right now!) You will have MUCH less content, but the FPS will be better. Life is full of compromises  ;)
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

Seppel

« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2015, 01:50:25 AM »

Hi Poltava!

Could you post a list of your campaigns flyable with HSFX7?

I desperately looking for a classic campaign like in the old standard games, but most of the offered campaigns requires Special game Versions or Mods I don't have (and don't want to install :) )

So, IF you have such campaigns, I'd be pleased to know about and fly them!!

Cheers, Seppel
Kleinigkeiten machen die Vollkommenheit aus, aber Vollkommenheit ist keine Kleinigkeit.

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2015, 02:03:10 AM »

Seppel,

I'm in the process of converting a number of my older campaigns to 4.12 HSFX 7 standards. You can find them at www.mission4today.com. And more will come!  :)

Thus far I've updated these campaigns in that manner:

Abbeville Boys 1943: http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=details&id=945
Finnish Front 1941: http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=details&id=25
Fighter Boys 1940: http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=details&id=326
Battle for France 1940: http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=details&id=1525

I also think that most of the old campaigns are playable in HSFX 7, as all the older content (aircraft, objects, map etc) in principle is there. A simple trick if you still experience problems is simply to open the missions in FMB, then just save them (no changes), and many glitches will be fixed. But on this not yet updated campaigns you will of course not have any of the 4.12 goodies, like taxi-to-take-off...

Seppel

« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2015, 06:56:52 AM »

Thanks Poltava!

I'll try this!!!
Kleinigkeiten machen die Vollkommenheit aus, aber Vollkommenheit ist keine Kleinigkeit.

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2015, 09:50:33 AM »

Someone among the admins just made this thread a sticky - many thanks!!!  :)

I will certainly try and live up to the confidence shown!

tartenmuche

• Supporter
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2015, 02:07:27 PM »

Dear Poltava,
I tried your campaign of the D520 on CUP. It doesn't work.
Any idea?
Your campaign with the JU87 is great.
Best regards.
Intel Core Duo E8400 3GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti, 2x2 gb DDR2 1066 mHZ

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2015, 02:33:07 AM »

No, not off the top of my head. Perhaps it could be the wrong D520 aircraft? I've built it for Ranwers D520, not Freddys.

There is A LOT of new stuff in CUP and at the same time some stuff has been left out, and between those two parameters a lot of things can of course go wrong. A LOT of campaigns will have to be redone for CUP, and as I haven't got a functional CUP install YET (I will get there, but my current rig is  just too old and sleepy: my CUP FPS are simply way too bad ATM...) I am currently doing the most difficult part: upgrading old campaigns to 4.12 - using HSFX7. From that point to CUP the leap shouldn't be big, I trust.

An old campaign might work in CUP, but then again it might not. In the end rebuilding it all to 4.12 standards with CUP is the only guarantee. And IF someone wants to help out here that person is more than welcome!!!  8)

tartenmuche

• Supporter
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2015, 01:00:49 PM »

Dear Poltava,
thank you for your advice, it works with the D520 from Ranwers.
By the way, I tried your version CUP of Abbeville but the text of the briefing doesn't appear beside the map.
What did I do wrong.
Best regards.
Intel Core Duo E8400 3GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti, 2x2 gb DDR2 1066 mHZ
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 12   Go Up

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 26 queries.