Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: adjust level sounds using FREE AUDIO EDITOR  (Read 23153 times)

warwagon41

Re: Sound files tools
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2011, 11:45:14 PM »

Thank you Paulo .
Works great !

PhoenixOrion

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2011, 04:52:06 AM »

I was wondering if someone could give a brief description of what each value changes in a prs file. I'm trying to get a best of sound pack to work with 4.10 I took battle sounds, jivers total sound mod and distance sound mod and made a single pack. Now; I can't use the class files with 4.10 and took what I thought was the best sounding samples and I believe all the proper prs files that correlate with the wave files and am struggling to get the levels right. Heres an example.

[sample.metal_noise_02m.wav]
spl 110
infinite 1  -------------------------------Does infinite mean it controls looping?
controls flatter  -------------------------This I have no Idea                                   
env 2 8 ---------------------------------What is this

[sample.metal_noise_02m.wav.flatter]
minlo 0--------------------------------Example of what all these do?
minhi 0.6
maxlo 2.0

maxhi 3.0
value 0.70
pmin  0.9
pmax  1.1

Could some one just please give a brief description of what these all do for a modding noob.

Jafa

• Monkeeeeeeeeeey
  • Modder
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2011, 08:15:31 AM »

PhoenixOrionmember

Re: Sound files tools« Reply #13 on: Today at 05:52:06 AM »Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if someone could give a brief description of what each value changes in a prs file. I'm trying to get a best of sound pack to work with 4.10 I took battle sounds, jivers total sound mod and distance sound mod and made a single pack. Now; I can't use the class files with 4.10 and took what I thought was the best sounding samples and I believe all the proper prs files that correlate with the wave files and am struggling to get the levels right. Heres an example.

[sample.metal_noise_02m.wav]
spl 110
infinite 1 -------------------------------Does infinite mean it controls looping? .........   10/10
controls flatter -------------------------This I have no Idea  .......      this is the audio engine control type  , other types are RPM , DISTANCE , SPEED .... ect
env 2 8 ---------------------------------What is this    .......   enviroment   , for example 8 is internal ... ie the cockpit.

[sample.metal_noise_02m.wav.flatter]
minlo 0--------------------------------Example of what all these do?.......these are audio mixing values
minhi 0.6
maxlo 2.0
maxhi 3.0
value 0.70 .............   audio strength   in game , do not confuse this with volume , it is not
pmin 0.9   .............   these are awkward to explain as they like many other values in the prs have differant cosequenses for differant prs , in a engine prs they should be left alone but I somtimes alter        them to  create a differant pitch.OK

w

Re: Sound files
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2011, 03:37:16 PM »

The .50 cals in all my Navy planes is very loud and can not be adjusted with the objects volume control knob.
This is because of a sound mod I installed but I can not remember which one.
In my mods fold I have the following:

any one have any idea which mod could be cranking the .50 cal volume up so high?
its louder than the motor. This volume level problem is absent in all other aircraft except navy planes
The .50's in P-47 and P-51, P-40's has not been affected.

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2014, 02:15:10 AM »

hi folks -
well, it's been a long time since i fiddled about with sounds, and with the new feature of 4.12.2, where you can add your own samples/presets, i so far have had a 0% success rate.
i suspect maybe that my files aren't in the correct format.
years ago, i used Audacity, and it worked well, but at the moment, it does not read the wav's - comes up with a message saying i should import them as RAW, but that also don't work.
so i don't know what settings to use with Audacity, maybe?
i'm also making use of Wavepad sound editor, but also, at this point, i am not able to output files in the correct IL-2 format.
any advice on the correct software/procedures/settings to edit my IL-2 wavs, and create new ones? thanks in advance.
also, if anyone can explain why i cannot get any new samples/presets to work in the new folder structure (my_samples, my_presets), i would appreciate it.
everything seems to be correct, but no new sounds in these folders are ever played in-game.
i guess, if my wav format is wrong, that would explain it, although i have tried using existing IL-2 wav files, and they also don't play.
so, yeah, any advices welcomed. :D
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2014, 02:30:32 AM »

another wird thing i wanted to mention - as for the radio sounds - for example, i have a correct format wav file in Radio Honolulu, but when i switch to Honolulu in-game, it plays some other sound file that is not even in the Honolulu folder, in fact, i don't know where it's getting that sound file.
so yes, at the moment, these new sound features are beyond me - i have no idea why they don't work, or why they are playing sound files that i don't see in my folders...?
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

panzerkeil

• Woof!
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2014, 02:42:50 AM »

I was struggling with Audacity as well; solved it by downloading the mp3 and FFmpeg Libraries under "preferences - libraries" in Audacity. After that Audacity will open IL2 audio (speech) files automatically (no raw importing required).
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 23 queries.