Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: SAS Spitfire Pack - Mk I early to Mk Va - v3.0  (Read 67978 times)

Mission_bug

• Modder
Re: SAS Spitfire Pack - Mk I early to Mk Va - v3.0
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2011, 12:15:38 PM »

Superb Anto, thank you very much.

I particularily like the taxi feature, excellent.

No problems found as yet. ;)

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. ;D

SAS~Anto

• Aussie Bush Pilot
  • Editor
  • Retired from modding
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2011, 08:14:07 PM »

Glad you like them :)

For 4.09m users, I've merged the old topic with this one. You can find links to v2.0 at the bottom. Unfortunately v3.0 is not compatible with 4.09m, as 4.10m uses a different set of coding for aircraft markings and hence will cause a crash when certain nations are selected.

caldrail

• http://www.unrv.com/forum/blog/31-caldrails-blog/
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2011, 10:00:36 AM »

You'll crash and burn anyway. In 4-10 V3 early spits are hopelessly underpowered. I got the earliest one into the air barely before the hedge and struggled to reach a maximum speed of 150kts. The later mk1 was a bit quicker, at around 220. I bet Willy Messerschmitt would have given his right drawing arm for Spitfires to have been that lethargic!

Catahoulak9

• Modder
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2011, 11:06:11 AM »

I bet Willy Messerschmitt would have given his right drawing arm for Spitfires to have been that lethargic!

Now that's funny.

SAS~Anto

• Aussie Bush Pilot
  • Editor
  • Retired from modding
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2011, 08:17:06 PM »

Something changed in 4.10 which has made a lot of aircraft become 'lethargic' as you have described. Luckily all these FMs are being reviewed for UP v3 so expect some updated FMs coming soon.

caldrail

• http://www.unrv.com/forum/blog/31-caldrails-blog/
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2011, 07:36:32 AM »

Phew. For a moment there I thought we might lose the battle :D

mandrill

• Modder
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2011, 09:15:43 AM »

Something changed in 4.10 which has made a lot of aircraft become 'lethargic' as you have described. Luckily all these FMs are being reviewed for UP v3 so expect some updated FMs coming soon.

Hmmm... A subtle, but brilliant bug in 4.10 that has made all the Spitfires slow and useless..... Willi? Have you come back to life as a Il-2 modder?

Nein, nein, Willi! There is nothing you can do now - NOTHING!! - that can change what really happened in 1940!

flying scotsman

• Dvr Stewart No 6 Commando, also known as, Dad
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2011, 10:58:35 AM »

;)THANK YOU for the update, does not now CTD when RAF markings put on in QMB. I'm still a rubbish pilot, but at least I look good!" :-\

w

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2011, 05:16:23 PM »

Is this download: SAS Spitfire Pack - MkI early, Mk I, MkIb, MkIIa, MkIIb & MkVa (v2.0)
to better the Spits included w/ UP201 4.09? or this is the Spits included w/ UP201 4.09?

R6Rider

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2011, 01:20:42 PM »

Thanks!

STAX18

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2011, 02:35:06 PM »

Hello Anto,

thank you very much for your great fighter packs!

I have one suggestion (or question):
We have a lot of Spitfire variants in the game (same as Bf-109) and all over thousend different plane variants in our modded game.
So I am thinking about to reduce the amount of variants by using the Customization (of the skins) as done with the Fokker D.XXI.
I hope you modders could use the Customization for minor optical changes without substantial influence to the flight model (like FB variants or gunsights, perhaps Trop filter too).

SAS~Anto

• Aussie Bush Pilot
  • Editor
  • Retired from modding
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2011, 06:58:36 AM »

Stax: I'm well aware of that issue, hence why the updated Hurricanes and Bf-109s will have a significantly reduced amount of slots. With these Spitfires, they have been reduced down to the absolute 'empirical' amount of variants and have picked the most common of each type. Say the Mk I, it came with three types of propellors, many variants of canopies and armour etc. So we have decided to model the early Mk I which had a very different 2 blade prop (which requires a seperate FM), manual landing gear and reduced canopy visibility/armour. The Mk I represents the most common with standard armour, auto-retracting gear and De Havilland prop. Some Mk Is had Rotol props but this only became a standard feature on the Mk II (which is represented).

As you can see, it gets complex! The 109s are worse! Anyway generally most modders these days show a bit more restraint with slots, with the requirement of a new FM being the primary reason for the slot.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 28 queries.