Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: How to install a New Aircraft  (Read 115303 times)

Korrigan

• SAS Honourable Member
Re: How to install a New Aircraft
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2011, 01:02:59 PM »

Delete the "~wrapper.cache" file and uncheck "Enable mod files cache" in the selector settings.

nathangibby

« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2011, 01:29:59 PM »

I have had some luck with MODS after deleting that file and turning cache thing off, I copied some 4.09 mods I had on my pc over to the #SAS folder and they are now flyable, but any download from this website does not work still, any other suggestions?

LuseKofte

« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2011, 02:42:31 PM »

Then you are doing it very wrong. If I where you I reinstall and go package, Onliner choose HSFX 5.1 or Ultrapack offliner DBW. Ten you are safe. If it is nothing wrong with folderdeapht , ini's all should work

nathangibby

« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2011, 03:45:51 PM »

I re-installed fully, including my stock game, but did not install the 1956 mod pack, and it still doesnt work, I get a 60% crash every time

I can play the game when my new mod air.ini file line of text has the // in front of it, so I guess it must be that the game cannot read my extra planes, I dont know what to do, and I dont really want to install any other modact

help

EIiteLEGEND

« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2011, 06:01:59 AM »

i dont have a mods folder but i have a modactivater and have ultrapack 3.0
 can u help please :)

Hangman

• Modder
« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2011, 11:13:04 AM »

Here are quote for my post

In your #UP# folder is folder called STD there you can find your air.ini plane_ru etc. If you don't have #UP# folder you should extract #UP#SampleFolder.rar in your main folder of UP 3 ;)

DonKastre

« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2011, 08:10:41 AM »

Help!  I've got Il2 version 4.10.1 with UP3 RC4 and, I think modact 3 (assuming I've installed it correctly), but I can't seem to be able to add any additional aeroplanes.  I've found air.ini in the #SAS# folder and added to that, but that makes no difference and the listing in that air.ini is different to the actual list when starting the game.  I am probably doing something blindingly obvious wrong, but what that is I've no idea!  Can anybody help?

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2011, 08:55:38 AM »

lol, ok, i'd love to help, but you've gotto be able to do a bit better than 'i think' for which version you are running.
are you using a selector to start your game, or the SAS il2fb.exe with the red star/blue background icon?
what does the game say in the bottom-left corner when it loads?
i could go on about your installation procedure first, but this is probably not the best thread for that.
you're right in that new planes for sas modact 3 should go in the #SAS folder, and their air entries go in the cohabiting STD folder...
so what exactly is happening?
your game isn't crashing, it loads, but you just don't see the new planes, is that it?
that means that your game is not loading the modact 3 version, but most likely the UP version.
...which takes me back to my first question...;)
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

DonKastre

« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2011, 03:09:50 PM »

When IL2 starts it shows UP 3.0 RC (4.10.1).  I've found the air.ini but so far every time I add a plane that is supposed to be compatable, the games fails to load - remove the plane and it works again.  The air.ini is found a few folders down from #UP#.

DonKastre

« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2011, 03:52:59 PM »

Additional:

The icon on the desk top is the "red star/blue background"

A selector come up, set to Ultra Pack 3 - I tried the SAS modact 3 but the game crashes whilst loading.

danzo231

« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2011, 05:41:40 AM »

Im having problems i have modact 3.06 and running 4.1.01m but for some reason all the aircraft i install that in the downloadable aircraft section for 4.09 but it says 4.10 aswell doesnt work and freezes at 70% yes i know how to fix it but it never works for some resason if someone could email and help me on how to overcome this and show me downloadable aircraft that will work many thanks  :) :) :o 8)
Ps i dont need a tutorial but just aircraft that can be downloaded and fly on my version

SloppyJoe

« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2011, 08:53:53 PM »

So are the "buttons" another name for the "modpacks?"
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 24 queries.