Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Early B-25s (WIP B-25B Doolittle Raider)  (Read 55201 times)

SAS~Riken

• "Area 51"
  • SAS Team
  • Where's Waldo? Who's Waldo?
Early B-25s (WIP B-25B Doolittle Raider)
« on: February 01, 2011, 02:14:02 PM »

The North American B-25 Mitchell was an American twin-engined medium bomber manufactured by North American Aviation. It was used by many Allied air forces, in every theater of World War II, as well as many other air forces after the war ended, and saw service across four decades. By the end of its production, nearly 10,000 B-25s in numerous models had been built.

These are the earlier models....

B-25A
Version of the B-25 modified to make it combat ready; additions included self-sealing fuel tanks, crew armor, and an improved tail gunner station. No changes were made in the armament. Re-designated obsolete (RB-25A designation) in 1942. (Number made: 40.)

B-25B
Rear turret deleted; manned dorsal and remotely-operated ventral turrets added, each with a pair of .50 in (12.7 mm) machine guns. (Number made: 120.)

B-25B Doolittle Raider (modified)
The sixteen bombers employed on the Doolittle Raid were all B-25B models, third production version of North American Aviation's B-25 "Mitchell" medium bomber design. Delivered in 1941, these aircraft were stripped of some of their defensive guns and given extra fuel tanks to extend their range. Two wooden dowels were placed in each plane's plastic tail cone, simulating extra machine guns that might hopefully persuade enemy fighters to keep their distance. Each B-25 carried four 500-pound bombs on the mission.

Doolittle Screenshot by: Malone

Planes come with a new FM, loadout, and the WIP Doolittle Raiders are carrier ready for those mission builders! ;)
DOWNLOAD Early B-25s WIP Pack

Requirements:
SAS Buttons 7.7 or later
Stock B25s Flyable mod

CREDITS:
Riken - Mesh editing, Classfiles
Friction - FM edits, Classfiles
Bombsaway - Test pilot, Test Mission, Doolittle Raid Map & Mission
Agraicer - Doolittle Raid Map & Mission
Default Skins - misha.misha (M4T)
(A)Wings - Checkyersix, (Flakiten, and/or Nightshifter - origional him entries P2V5)

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,1280.0.html
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,1514.0.html

Download a test flight mission for the B-25B Doolittle Raider made by Bombsaway ;)

Edit By SAS~Bombsaway: If you are having trouble getting these into 4.12 try installing these... https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,37998.0.html

Want to have PA_Jeronimos Wheels and Cowls for all Rikens Raider's, like this:

The Link:   https://www.mediafire.com/download/aif47bjqovef19b/Doolittle_Tokyo_Raiders.zip

Just drag and drop all 4 Folders in your Mods Folder, say yes to Overwrite, Thats all.  "Enjoy"

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
Re: Early B-25s
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 10:13:33 PM »

still working on some screens, but here's a few you might like so long... ;)

... :D
also tested and working in 4.10  ;)
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

rockcoons

Awesome!
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 03:43:52 PM »

Oh, awesome I was just checking about and came out from a section and see this! Great work, always need more!

tooslow

• Stang Driver
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 03:50:21 PM »

Thanks ... nice addition to B-25 stable ;D

SAS~Riken

• "Area 51"
  • SAS Team
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 04:04:24 PM »

The others are pretty much done. It's the Doolittle Raiders that really need the work done.

Mixx

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2011, 04:07:33 AM »

Riken, bravo!
A very interesting series of early B-25's!

farang65

• never two weeks two decades
  • SAS Team
  • Fortress Formosa
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2011, 05:16:18 AM »

Sweet work Riken  :) ;) :D 8)

Thanks for making The Raiders mission a true and genuine reality for the game.  8) :D :) :P

I've always enjoyed 30 Seconds Over Tokoyo,

Cheers Kirby

SAS~Riken

• "Area 51"
  • SAS Team
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2011, 06:38:44 AM »

The mission is not mine. It was made by Bombsaway. But you all are welcome anyway.

LuseKofte

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2011, 08:01:08 AM »

Running 4.10 after installing this and renewed buttons (offline 4,10) i got 20 % ctd while loading game . anyone else out there

cgagan

• SAS Team
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2011, 08:11:46 AM »

Works fine with me... Many thanks Rilken (and Bombsaway for the test mission) for this important addition to the game. Two remarks concerning the B25 raider (as you said, it needs some extra attention). Once opened, the bomb bay doors seem to be floating, they are not attached to the fuselage. Also, I noticed in the front gunner's compartment, one of the guns (the upper left hand one)seems to be installed the other way around, with the muzzle facing the gunner. Great job still!  8)

cgagan

• SAS Team
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2011, 10:16:38 AM »

SAS~Riken

• "Area 51"
  • SAS Team
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2011, 10:17:55 AM »

that means usually you are missing a weapons, or flyable cockpit mod, that the mod which is causing it needs. for example, if you have a new slot C-47, which requires the flyable C47 mod, and you dont have the flyable c47, you will ahave 20% crash.

cgagan:
can you get some pics up so I can see how bad they are? I cannot see it in my game. By they way, what patch are you goin on for this?

EDIT: Nevermind on the bombbay doors. All the stock planes do that too. Does the gun do it on all the planes, or just this one only?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 11   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 26 queries.