Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: G.55 nose ground collision fix + some other 3d fixes  (Read 5199 times)

Birdman

• SAS Honourable Member
G.55 nose ground collision fix + some other 3d fixes
« on: January 30, 2011, 04:24:10 PM »

I got annoyed by a ground collision bug in Fiat G.55 that made nose sink into ground when nosing over in landing. Thus I quickly did a little mod that adds the missing _Clip hooks to engine to fix that bug. Just unpack the attached files into your MODS folder, and G.55 nose will never sink into ground again and you'll get realistic behaviour in landing or take-off accidents and belly landings. This mod fixes all G.55 variants in v4.10m and is completely independent of flyable cockpit mod. This mod should also work in v4.09m, but not tested yet.

EDIT: I noticed some other G.55 bugs and continued fixing them. I updated attachment, and the new pack now fixes the following bugs:
- engine ground collision of all variants
- right gear shadow and wheel rotation direction of G.55 with wing cannons (I copied gear files and their hier.him entries from ss0 files, TD had fixed those but forgotten to update old variant)
- misaligned normal under Italian ss0 left aileron and wrong LOD2 material of other left ailerons (appeared to be the reason for editing that caused the normal issue)
- wrong LOD3 material of ss0 GearR3 (TD had added shadow to it, now same file for all variants with correct materials and shadow)
- ss0 hier.him bugs I noticed while comparing files: missing keel cap and many missing Separable lines

Some parts of this are included in v4.101m patch, but not all. This mod still works OK in v4.101m and gives less buggy G.55.

I also noticed two other bugs that I didn't fix yet: prop collision missing in ss0 hier.him and missing wing markings in Italian ss0 (default skin issue).

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
Re: G.55 nose ground collision fix + many other 3d fixes
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 09:55:32 PM »

thanks for continued valuable contributions with this great fix, Birdman!
much appreciated, mate.  :)
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

SAS~Skipper

• .. geese fly ...
  • SAS Honourable Member
Re: G.55 nose ground collision fix + many other 3d fixes
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 07:00:46 AM »

Yes, it's fine ... although I do not know how to fight on such fast aircraft, but I like them ...)

gianluca

Re: G.55 nose ground collision fix + some other 3d fixes
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 09:31:45 AM »

hi guys, tried to apply this fix in my 409 UP201 install but I get this message when loading a quick mission: "Mission loading failed: Internal Error: HierMeshObj: Can't load HIM 3DO/Plane/G55(multi)/hier.him
any tipp welcome indeed!
best regards, Gianluca

Epervier

• 4.09 Guardian Angel !
  • SAS Team
  • I'm French and Rebel_409! Nobody is perfect!
    • Some tinkering here
Re: G.55 nose ground collision fix + some other 3d fixes
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2011, 08:48:28 AM »

Thank you very much !
If your results do not live up to your expectations, tell yourself that the great oak was once an acorn too. - Lao Zi -
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 26 queries.