Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Forgotten Countries Thin ~ SAS Switch v3.1  (Read 53293 times)

FS~FoxBat

Re: Forgotten Countries Thin ~ SAS Switch v3.1
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2010, 01:26:11 PM »

One thing that would have been nice is if it in the gui where able to add a second scroll window where the regiments for the selected country could be, as like now finding a country among a trillion of squads is a PITA. and makes building missions more time consuming then nessesary.I also hope this fix that is being done here will end up in the next version of ultrapack for us online guys, so we are able to join the same game without conflicts!:)

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2010, 11:38:27 PM »

guys, there won't be any updats for this mod, but a new version is in the works, so you're welcome to make requests (in the correct area ;)) , but there won't be any 'fixes' happening for this version.....it's not the kind of mod that can have a 'quick fix', anyway....the smallest change requires a major rewrite... ::)
@FS~Foxbat, Frog's Formation mod already has this separate country/regiments tab included in FMB menu, and it's a real must-have mod - so either use that if still available, or wait for him to release the new version....but yes, that irritating scrolling issue is a thing of the past.  :D
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

FS~FoxBat

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2010, 06:17:07 AM »

Ty for answer Malone, but then again all would have  to have that installed for it to work. its been a problem for us online players joining due to the conflicts with the forgotten countrys stuff. thats why id hope it somehow got to be a universial fix for it that all used. so no more invisible planes and so on!:)

NS~mati140

• #27 of the New Squadron (NS)
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2010, 12:23:34 PM »

EEEE, I think you missed PLA (People's Liberation Army) of China, it should be added to blue (it was there in AAA version).

CorsairKira

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2010, 11:26:30 PM »

Nice!  I too get the failure message with loading the Sea Hurricane.  Not sure what's up with that.  Guess the poor old Sea Hurricane gets tabled for the time being.  There do seem to be some odd choices of which country goes on which side, though.  Eh.  At least it's in the game.  Nice work.

MR_G

« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2010, 10:03:39 AM »

I've been using this Mod for a few months now, and everything is working fine.
My question concerns missing RAF squadrons. I've learned how to add them into the Forgotten Countries folder, so that they show up as a squadron option when building missions, but instead of the proper letter codes, the ones that I added all show up as squadron AB.
Are these squadrons codes "hard coded" into the game, or am I missing something?

MR_G

« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2010, 08:45:45 PM »

My problem is solved.
I figured out where the key was. I can now add any squadron with the proper letter or number code.

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
  • In memory of my beloved hero: Saburo SAKAI!
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2010, 07:15:19 AM »

My problem is solved.
I figured out where the key was. I can now add any squadron with the proper letter or number code.

Hi mate!

I'm really interested in adding new squadrons to the game too!

Can you give me some tips about how you managed to do?

Thanks in advance!

walter

MR_G

« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2010, 10:55:20 AM »

Step #1: Have this Mod installed (FC Thin..SAS Switch v3.1
Step #2: Determine what squadron you want to add....(For example: Fictional Squadron RAF99 Code ZZ)
Step #3 Save a copy of the FC Thin Mod (in case you really screw it up)
Step #4 Go into the Mod, and go into the i18n folder. Go into the regInfo.Properties file, and open with word pad. Go down until you see "gb01        United Kingdom Army - <none>".  Scroll down a few more lines until you see "318LW       318th 'Gdanski' Recce-Fighter Squadron".  Look at how the squadrons are entered....
Like this:
113Squadron        113 Squadron RAF
enter you new squadron the same way.....
99Squadron          99 Squadron

The squadron codes will be added later.

After you finish this step, repeat the same thing in the regInfo_ru.properties file, the regShort.Properties, and the regShort_ru.Properties file.

Step #5. Go into the PaintSchemes folder in the Mod and go into the Cache folder. Copy one of the files in there to your desktop, and rename it 99Squadron. Return this file to the Cache folder.

Step #6. In that same PaintSchemes folder, go into the folder marked Red. Find a tga for a known RAF squadron that does not have a squadron image inside. Copy this tga file, AND the matching "file" file, to your desktop. Rename the tga and the file file to 99Squadron.tga and the file to 99Squadron.

Open the "file" file with wordpad, and you will see something like this:
country      = GB
id           = QJ
gruppeNumber = 1
speech       = GB
short        = 92 Squadron
info         = 92 Fighter Squadron

Change the id to ZZ  (the squadron code of squadron99), and the "short", and "info" to : 99

(don't forget to save before closing all files)

DONE!

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2010, 11:08:45 AM »

thanks for that little tuto, MR_G, i'm sure a lot of guys will appreciate it.  ;)
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

MR_G

« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2010, 01:57:40 PM »

It wasn't until I looked inside the "file" file, that I figured out that that was the location of the squadron code.
This proves that even a blind man can see occasionally.

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
  • In memory of my beloved hero: Saburo SAKAI!
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2010, 11:18:18 AM »

Thanks mate for the tutorial!

Did you test if it work only with Forgotten Country or it can work even with the default ones?

I'm sorry to ask this but I was out from my game from 12th of october and I can'figure when I'll have the time to make me on pair with all the update!

:(

All the best!

walter
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 26 queries.