Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Forgotten Countries Thin ~ SAS Switch v3.1  (Read 53231 times)

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
Forgotten Countries Thin ~ SAS Switch v3.1
« on: October 09, 2009, 11:54:51 AM »

hi Guys

We had trouble with our old version of FC Lite, which is derived from Sanka's excellent mod. We removed that long ago, and made a stadard "Thin" version, which is the same as Sanke's, only minus the default skins for some planes. it is thus a whole lot "lighter". (More than 200MB compressed in 5 parts vs less than 9Mb)

Here is the edited extract from the opening post of the previous version, just as a reminder of where this is going:

....the original Forgotten Countries by Sanka (and he is one of the coolest cats in modding!) was just a bit too big and complicated for some users. And because Sanka assigned sides from a western viewpoint, the sides ended up not always making sense in coldwar historical terms. For example, all middle eastern countries ended up blue, or western, while israel was red. Similarily, north korea was blue while south Korea was red.

The correct way to do it was to take a USSR centric view. Whatever side the USSR was, will be red. Then  you have a few countries that move from red to blue at the start of the cold war, and vice verca, while others, like the Koreas and the Middle eastern countries, start off in opposites to the original FC mod right away. I know it sounds complicated, but believe me, it makes a lot more sense.

Now we have started down the path to update this mod, with v3. We will do the update in 3 steps. v3 is step one.
Step 1: Switch Countries that are the wrong color
Step 2: Create Duplicate Countries in cases where countries switched color post or pre war
Step 3: Refine Country names and add any missing countries

Of course the SAS version of this still contains McWolf's decalshine mod integrated into it.

Download FC Lite Thin Version 3.1

My Salutes to Sanka & McWolf!
CirX
 :)

v3.1 changes:
Full Mission Builder Static Planes Issue fixed
New 4.09m Italian squadrons added
v3 switches:

//Stock

de Germany
fi Finland
fr France
gb RAF
hu Hungary
it Italy
ja IJA
pl Poland
ro Romania
sk Slovakia
ru USSR
us USAAF
un USN
um USMC
ra RAAF
rz RNZAF
rn RN
in IJN
du NL

//red

yu Yugoslavia
ab Abyssinia
ca Canada
sa South Africa
cn Republic of China (pre 1949)
cz Czechoslovakia
il Italy (ICAF) Allied
rl Romania Allied
fl Finland Allied
gr Greece
dd German Democratic Republic
hy Hungary (red sided)
mg Managua
nl Netherlands (LV Europe)
es Republican Spain
re Russian Empire
bl Bulgaria (Allied)
ap Partisan
id India

//blue

vb Great Britain (Alternative Blue)
na USA (Alternative Blue)
sp Nationalist Spain
ar Argentina
bg Bulgaria
hr Croatia
co Colombia
ee Estonia
ir Iran
ia Italy (ANR, 1943-45)
mk Manchukuo
lv Latvia
lt Lithuania
pa Paraguay
pn Poland (Axis)
pk Pakistan
rb Russian Liberation Army
tk Turkey
sw Sweden
vi Vichy France

//moved completely from red to blue

pt Portugal
at Austria
bo Bolivia
br Brazil
mx Mexico
dk Denmark
ph Philippines
no Norway
pe Peru
ur Uruguay
th Thailand
is Israel
kr Republic of Korea (South)

//move completely from blue to red

kp North Korea
sy Syria
eg Egypt
ik Iraq
cc China (PLA post 1945)

How to remove a country from Forgotten Countries:
Some countries may just be getting in your way and you want to just take them out. Here is how.
~ Open the mod, and open the regiments.ini file inside the paintschemes folder.

You will see, this is divided into a Red section first, and then a Blue section second.
each country is represented by a 2 letter code followed by a 01 or a NN.
For example, Argentina is ar01
Some countries also have specific regiments, or squadrons listed under their name.

~Open up the country_ru.properties file inside the i18n folder
In here you can look up which country belongs to which code.

To remove a country, you must remove it from the regiments.ini file, along with any of it's squadrons (if it has any)
~You can remove it by deletion, or by placing a "//" in front of it's lines
~TIP: I have arranged all the new nations at the end of the respective Red and Blue sections in regiments.ini

Cheers
CirX

Ectoflyer

Re: Forgotten Countries Lite ~ Revisit
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 02:52:33 PM »

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
A really much more easy install, and it's compatible with MAT MANAGER !!!! ;D
good work

Cracken

• FMB addict
    • My downloads
Re: Forgotten Countries Lite ~ Revisit
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 02:06:42 AM »

Can you add Czech voice pack to Czechoslovak units?

http://www.4shared.com/file/112023346/7f978702/Czech_voicepack.html

Gaston

• Modder
Re: Forgotten Countries Thin ~ SAS Switch v3
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 02:47:23 PM »

But now, no possibilities to make the greatest conflict of all : the Chinese Civil War !!!

This is why, with Sanka, we used to center the mod around USSR for Europe, and Japan for the Far East... I see incompatibilities coming...

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 03:14:03 PM »

But now, no possibilities to make the greatest conflict of all : the Chinese Civil War !!!

This is why, with Sanka, we used to center the mod around USSR for Europe, and Japan for the Far East... I see incompatibilities coming...

no. As I explained in the thread ,and in the help requests,:
"Now we have started down the path to update this mod, with v3. We will do the update in 3 steps. v3 is step one.
Step 1: Switch Countries that are the wrong color
Step 2: Create Duplicate Countries in cases where countries switched color post or pre war
Step 3: Refine Country names and add any missing countries"

So, I think the Rep of chine should be blue for the AVG part. I will definitely create a duplicate slot for it in step 2. I am realy only trying my best here, and going one step at a time. I do not claim it is perfect, it is just a step, and people are of course welcome to use the original mod by Sanka. The original is a very good mod, and I am not saying it is wrong, I am just saying, this is my version.

Great mod, but it disables the new italian squadrons of v4.09m.

I will look at this in step 3 for sure. This mod still comes from 4.08/4.09b1m days, so it will not have had those new squads yet.

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2010, 03:17:00 PM »

Moved permanently from red to blue?

Portugal was allied to the UK and USA.  RAF B-17's operated from Portugese airfields to cover the Atlantic convoys didn't they.
Brazil was allied to USA.  I'm sure their P-47's flew with allied forces in Italy.
Denmark, Blue? weren't they invaded by Germany?

And I'm sure the Phillipines and Norway were invaded by the blue side, japan and Germany.

Israel could hardly be considered blue could it?

Just my thoughts on this.

Looking at the others there are problems also.

All the best, Pete.

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2010, 03:29:04 PM »

I asked for help and advice on all these. They are not cast in stone. But it is not always about the nation itself, but about the markings. I am sure any mistakes picked up will surface and we shall sort them later.

You have to view this as  some airforces were only active after WW2, in the cold war, thus blue. Blue is "axis" in WW2, but it is "NATO" afterwards, because USSR stays red. As I explained:

take a USSR centric view. Whatever side the USSR was, will be red. Then  you have a few countries that move from red to blue at the start of the cold war, and vice verca, while others, like the Koreas and the Middle eastern countries, start off in opposites to the original FC mod right away. I know it sounds complicated, but believe me, it makes a lot more sense.

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
Re: Forgotten Countries Thin ~ SAS Switch v3.1
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2010, 04:22:46 AM »

I agree about the missions bug thing. I am trying to get our ForgottenCOuntries on a level with the HSFX version, which means adding many regiments, and moving many sides back while creating duplicates.

Birdman

• SAS Honourable Member
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2010, 09:47:34 AM »

Thanks a lot!

I have been hoping for a Forgotten Countries mod that includes all HSFX countries and regiments together with all new countries and good markings.

Actually the only thing I don't like in HSFX countries is that Sweden, Norway, Denmark and allied Finland don't have any markings.
I'd like to see a missing markings patch that adds only those missing markings to HSFX/UP so that we can fix that issue without installing 3000+ files in MODS folder.

DouglasPaulKing

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2010, 09:03:28 AM »

... I just do not understand why both Bolivia and Paraguay are blue?? It would not be possible to recreate Gran Chaco War when both sides are set to blue...

+ 1 to this point.
Bolivia purchased aircraft in the USA and Great Britain, mostly.
Paraguay purchased aircraft from Italy, Argentina, and few other Countries.

Normally, to avoid problems, Bolivia should be "red" and Paraguay should be "blue".
Argentine was neutral, but "friendly" to Paraguay, (so better make Argentina "blue"), while Brazil was neutral but more in touch with Bolivia, so it should be "red" too.

:)

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2010, 09:59:55 AM »

thanx for this feedback guys, I will use it all with the nes=xt version, it is very valuable info, and I dont have time to do it all myself.

Lulu

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2010, 06:40:37 AM »

Please, put Argentina red side, as it was. Beside, a lot of argentinian volunteers flew ehit the RAF!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 23 queries.